Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats (34323 Views)

Lagos Takes Delivery Of New Boats To Boost Water Transportation / Five Cowries Terminal: Lagos Jetty - Water Transportation (Video, Photos) / Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2020
olaolulazio:
500 from Badore to Ijede is better..

Selfie things grin grin

Where is Ijede? And I thought Badore Ferry Terminal wasn't functional. The only functional one I know about is the one on Addo road, opposite Oke-Ira.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by olaolulazio(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Where is Ijede? And I thought Badore Ferry Terminal wasn't functional. The only functional one I know about is the one on Addo road, opposite Oke-Ira.
it's functional sis.... It's around badore water side. Ijede is a place in ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by emkz: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2020
Neddstark:

Do you know the population of Lagos? The population of Lagos is more than the population of Ghana. Now wey everybody enter road, hope you can see the way everything don jam. By the way gokada, oride is not a monopoly. They are private and require regulation not termination

No, I don't know the population of Lagos State.

How many people can a car transport at a time? For the number of persons a car can transport, how many motorcycles would you need to transport same? How many accidents do you know from cars and from motorcycles that are fatalities? A visit to the orthopaedic hospital on Igbobi would confirm this.

You speak of regulations, these okadas were once restricted to ply inner roads away from the highways, was this sustainable? What I think is efficiency in road transportation so that people would find incentives to leave their cars at home and use the transport systems like these ferries and buses.

If Gokada or Oride are allowed to operate alone, that is at best a duopoly. What justification would the government then have that Adamu from Bauchi should not ride his okada in Ikeja?
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2020
olaolulazio:
it's functional sis.... It's around badore water side. Ijede is a place in ikorodu.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Khaleell001(m): 9:59am On Feb 06, 2020
anonimi:

cheesy grin

Each time you read the news, be sure that hundreds of billions will be claimed to have been spent to stockpile the bullion vans of the JagaBandit in Bourdillon.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10403239_1037000020191010185832jpeg6fb8a2f2e9bc057c5a6666b4c2854a9c_jpeg373f54eea5751b32e52962e1e7a9fc65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2080663_olee_jpeg50ac2c9e26795655ae17af1287062b25

I personally hate ad hominem when it comes to general issues.
We are talking transport you are busy attacking personalities which is not even the topic.
This is how many of you fail simple questions.
May God help us.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Neddstark: 10:01am On Feb 06, 2020
emkz:

No, I don't know the population of Lagos State.

How many people can a car transport at a time? For the number of persons a car can transport, how many motorcycles would you need to transport same? How many accidents do you know from cars and from motorcycles that are fatalities? A visit to the orthopaedic hospital on Igbobi would confirm this.

You speak of regulations, these okadas were once restricted to ply inner roads away from the highways, was this sustainable? What I think is efficiency in road transportation so that people would find incentives to leave their cars at home and use the transport systems like these ferries and buses.

If Gokada or Oride are allowed to operate alone, that is at best a duopoly. What justification would the government then have that Adamu from Bauchi should not ride his okada in Ikeja?

Adamu from Bauchi is not regulated. 120k Bajaj bikes cannot be compared to 400k Oride not to talk of $1500 Gokada bikes. He should stick to the streets or become your private indomie cook. The regulated ones should be allowed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2020
Was it not Ambode that initiated the project and almost finish it

Moz22:
which stupid glory?
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by avenger74(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2020
Damn!!!
Did he just commissioned 8 boats for a population of 20 million active workers.
We shall over come!!
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Immaculate090: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2020
That is the more reason , he banned okada in the first place, to divert masses attention to ferry and co... God save us from this leaders
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Moz22: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2020
EZENDIZUOGU:
Was it not Ambode that initiated the project and almost finish it

I'm not just happy with the situation of things and I'm frustrated
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by edoairways: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2020
donbachi:
Sanbobo is working...not like one state where women are given headpans and shovel...dat governor should be arrested for forced labour...just turn people mama into ogwuaja workers.
grin grin
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by PCFC(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2020
What's the solution to the okada and keke ban?

Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by ebby9z(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2020
They couldn't even clear the water hyacinths there where they are launching the "ferries"
Water transportation indeed
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by luminouz(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Fisher007:
Hmm

This doesn't add up. Most will say nice move to decongest Lagos. But trust me this is a dumb move.

Why

First of all, past week ago, he cut or reduce most of the working transportation means that have been effective over the years.

Only to introduce only 10-20 boats not transportation ferries. Seriously. This means of transport that any problem or accident means 80% death for commuters.

In developed countries, people build on existing system and improve on it. In Nigeria we stop or destroy that for personal gains.

Even reading some comments both above and below shows me why we are in this state.

Your own comment is stupendously inañe too. Firstly,lagferry and the boats were commissioned last year when the okada ban wasn't in effect.
Secondly, there arw plans to increase the ferries and not all lagosians will use it,so what's the issue with you? Imagine 30-50 boats ferrying people to and fro everyday,that will surely help some people. Even lagbuses in their hundreds never stopped the traffic issue of Lagos,so what's your point.
Thirdly, you either depend on okada to survive or have dependents who do. You ignored the high influx of unregistered northerners who made the business high risk,constituted a nuisance and increased crime rate in Lagos? Why Dafuq did u think the ban was announced? Shiit is going on underneath that your myopic eyes couldn't see. So chill out and make do with the new alternatives..

Lastly,your moniker is fisher07... Shouldn't u be happy you will be closer to ur fish cousins when you use lagferry everyday?
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by poweredcom(m): 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Him and who de enter the speed boat

Oga go launch d train abeg
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Fisher007: 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
luminouz:

Your own comment is stupendously inañe too. Firstly,lagferry and the boats were commissioned last year when the okada ban wasn't in effect.
Secondly, there arw plans to increase the ferries and not all lagosians will use it,so what's the issue with you? Imagine 30-50 boats ferrying people to and fro everyday,that will surely help some people. Even lagbuses in their hundreds never stopped the traffic issue of Lagos,so what's your point.
Thirdly, you either depend on okada to survive or have dependents who do. You ignored the high influx of unregistered northerners who made the business high risk,constituted a nuisance and increased crime rate in Lagos? Why Dafuq did u think the ban was announced? Shiit is going on underneath that your myopic eyes couldn't see. So chill out and make do with the new alternatives..

Lastly,your moniker is fisher07... Shouldn't u be happy you will be closer to ur fish cousins when you use lagferry everyday?

You see I made my points and opinions clear without focusing or attacking anyone .
Now instead of you to state your opinion in a civilised manner, you decided to denounce yourself.

Let me help you so that you can find meaning and solution to your existence.

Your problem started from your father by not knowing which sperm and which womb to conceive it in.

I accept that your errors or lack of understanding came from the combination of your parents.

You see erection dysfunctional sperm or quick ejaculation leads to children who later become adults like you. If only your father knew he would have just wiped you off immediately or told your mother to swallow you.

Now see the end result of your parents stupidity and mistake. You now come on nairaland to just denounce yourself and exhibits pure stupidity.

Trust me you need inner reflection to understand and accept you were a mistake. Then once you've accepted, you can now find a solution to your problem.

I leave you with your circumstance. Qoute me at your peril.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Onlineclothing(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Trousers 1500
Shirts 3500
Tm Lewin 4k
Chinos 2500
Pay on delivery within Lagos click profile for contact
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Pinkyposh(f): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
olaolulazio:
500 from Badore to Ijede is better..

Selfie things grin grin

I don't think so, from new road water ways badore to Ijede to N300, so N500 naira is much
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by luminouz(m): 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Fisher007:

You see I made my points and opinions clear without focusing or attacking anyone .
Now instead of you to state your opinion in a civilised manner, you decided to denounce yourself.

Let me help you so that you can find meaning and solution to your existence.

Your problem started from your father by not knowing which sperm and which womb to conceive it in.

I accept that your errors or lack of understanding came from the combination of your parents.

You see erection dysfunctional sperm or quick ejaculation leads to children who later become adults like you. If only your father knew he would have just wiped you off immediately or told your mother to swallow you.

Now see the end result of your parents stupidity and mistake. You now come on nairaland to just denounce yourself and exhibits pure stupidity.

Trust me you need inner reflection to understand and accept you were a mistake. Then once you've accepted, you can now find a solution to your problem.

I leave you with your circumstance. Qoute me at your peril.

Lmaoooo... grin

this is what I want from you, to lose control and show what you're really made of. I'm not disappointed though. You don't have the shiit to be a real man,or else why won't you resort to name calling and dragging family into it. It just shows your upbringing paddy mi. You had none.

This is how I will be yanking the leashes of people like you who let their emotions get the best of them. Claiming to be wise and get speaking from both sides of their mouth.

Pele,you hear. This round is on me. grin
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Exodora: 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
That one concern them.I am currently thinking of the project I will emback on when I finally find myself at the top Balogun market in mind right.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by Exodora: 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
That one concern them.I am currently thinking of the project I will emback on when I finally find myself at the top Balogun market in mind righ now.
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by 9jaRealist: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2020
Agha14:
Hope the price will be cheap to allow more people get access to it?

Prices are between N200-N500...
>
Re: Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats by somehow: 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
michlins:
With about population of twenty million, how many people can these boats ferry every day
Should they scrap it then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / Living In France / Murtala Mohammed International Airport Undergoes Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.