Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon (38138 Views)

#EndSARS Lagos Protests (Live Updates) / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by qtx(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2020
Police, Army, if you see any of these characters around anywhere fermenting trouble in the name of protest, shoot the ediots aside. How many times have you protested against herdsmen killings, banditry, kidnappings, robberies, injustice all over Nigeria? All of you go and rest in the dust bin.
Is Lagos the only state with a ban on public bikes on tricycles?
In as much as i expect Govt. to find ways of making the ban not have much impact on citizens by finding ways of creating realistic palliatives, i will not accept the breakdown of law and order in the name of protest.

alab lorbish

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by frowland(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2020
ola6:

So if you get sacked, you'll go to crime?!

Lol
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by davillian(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2020
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by autonomous22: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
Then people should start getting ready to go to jail. Anyway I trust the Nigerian Police

Go to jail for protesting? So u supports all dez nonsense from Nigerian government and police
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by pmoye(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2020
It will end in tears
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Dewze(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
All these con artist have arrived , they will be called by govt and bribed just like one of my friend that was made a multi millionaire by this evil govt after leading a on man protest against them in Abuja ..he was arrested and during his interrogation a top member of the govt asked what his problem was he simply said he was hungry and since then my man has bought house in Abuja an ML350 and went on a long vacation taking him to Dubai , London and the Newyork ..till date he tells me the govt never gave him a dime but cautioned and I smile

Your so called friend does not have a name. Name that your friend or shut up.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by frowland(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2020
davillian:
That's Liverpool
Keke riders cheesy
Mega city my foot

The question is, how many of these keke are on the roads of Liverpool? In Lagos, they are swans, hundreds of them all over the place, causing holdups, scratching cars and all sort of mayhem and not excluding bikes etc. I am worried about the hardship but mehn, those guys from Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Mali are taking over the south and it's scary to imagine what will happen years from now if left unchecked.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by GamalNasser: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dewze:

Your so called friend does not have a name. Name that your friend or shut up.

My friend my comment was not made to impress you in any way ..so I should name my friend to impress you that I don't know ..thank U
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by bilulu(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
post=86421666:

The group of people are the sensible ones we have in Lagos.

Not the 60 years old fool that refers to himself as a boy who turned this ban of Okada to a TRIBAL shenanigans already, saying he supported Sanwo-Olu because most of the okada rider in Lagos are from the northern part of the county and they are Shiites members,
hence he can't fight for them!
As if every okada rider in Lagos are Hausas!

What Tribal bigots want to turn this nation to,
they will not live long to witness it.
What a Foolish old man living on crumbs from politicians to cause unrest in our nation.
And you see some foolish youths that have coconut inside their head, instead of working brains , supporting him, brainwashed things!

More Palliative measures from LASG is all we ask for.
We stand with this sane set of group.

Oh, okay.
We cool!
Hugs!
This guy is so confused, you don't even know what you support. Making contradictory post and comments.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by NothingDoMe: 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
ola6:

Good question
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Dewze(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
frowland:

The question is, how many of these keke are on the roads of Liverpool? In Lagos, they are swans, hundreds of them all over the place, causing holdups, scratching cars and all sort of mayhem and not excluding bikes etc. I am worried about the hardship but mehn, those guys from Chad, Niger, Cameroon are taking over the south and it's scary to imagine what will happen years from now if left unchecked.

Your fears are understandable and it is true that these Okada riders can constitute a menace, but must everything be ban ban ban to you Nigerians? Have you not heard of regulations. It is only insincere and especially lazy minds that see only ban as a solution because it involves little or no effort to do so. Just sit on a round table in a room with AC and juice for refreshment, agree on a decision, the next thing is to make a pronouncement, that is all it takes. The ones making this policies do not have to suffer a bit of the effect of their decision. Sincere, creative and working minds see regulations as a less harmful and more productive way to solve problems. Let's face it, Nigerian policy makers are just apathetic and mentally lazy.

Ask your self, do those guys from Chad, Niger and Cameroon you mentioned ride opay and Gokada? So why where they banned as well?
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Dewze(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

My friend my comment was not made to impress you in any way ..so I should name my friend to impress you that I don't know ..thank U

You know the kind of narrative you are trying to push by coming up with a story like that.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Bambambiglo: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
post=86421666:

Not the 60 years old fool that refers to himself as a boy who turned this ban of Okada to a TRIBAL shenanigans already, saying he supported Sanwo-Olu because most of the okada rider in Lagos are from the northern part of the county and they are Shiites members,

What a Foolish old man living on crumbs from politicians to cause unrest in our nation.
And you see some foolish youths that have coconut inside their head, instead of working brains , supporting him, brainwashed things!

Oh, okay.
We cool!
Hugs!

Always typing crap
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by streetsoldier1(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
jonesky080:
let the protest hold, we will all wait for the outcome, banning of this okada riders is not a bad step, however creating alternatives for them before the ban would have been a great move. now families of 100 of thousands of riders are now in pain and anger and will start opting for different illegal means of survival

You people don't get it!!! Lagos govt acted based on intelligence report, most of these people disguised as bikemen are not Nigerians, the are Chadians and Nigerians, some are boko boys, they have agenda, their sponsors gave them bike as payout, they are waiting for final order to cause mayhem.... Must we always support those who oppress us!!!! Gawd!!!

If at all, it will be regulated, they should only leave it for gokada and the likes and scheme those he-diots out!!!

3 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Hamzaay(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
It's should go peacefully.

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Hamzaay(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
It should go peacefully.

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by iguita: 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
I laugh in spiritual powers. Nobi only govt dey bribe people ooo, look at a lot of our yoot leaders, do you know many of them got money from abroad for occupynigeria? Abeg believe your friend, Govt never gave him a Kobo, maybe they gave him dollars.
GamalNasser:
All these con artist have arrived , they will be called by govt and bribed just like one of my friend that was made a multi millionaire by this evil govt after leading a on man protest against them in Abuja ..he was arrested and during his interrogation a top member of the govt asked what his problem was he simply said he was hungry and since then my man has bought house in Abuja an ML350 and went on a long vacation taking him to Dubai , London and the Newyork ..till date he tells me the govt never gave him a dime but cautioned and I smile

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Young6x1:
Yes. People Own Government not the other way round
Hmmmm... This is pregnant... Is the norm obtainable in Nigeria?
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by davillian(m): 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
frowland:

The question is, how many of these keke are on the roads of Liverpool? In Lagos, they are swans, hundreds of them all over the place, causing holdups, scratching cars and all sort of mayhem and not excluding bikes etc. I am worried about the hardship but mehn, those guys from Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Mali are taking over the south and it's scary to imagine what will happen years from now if left unchecked.
It is because
De demand for it is high...
If everything is working okada and keke would die a natural death from low patronage.
Remember the red and yellow cab in Lagos ?
They are almost dead now because of uber etc....
If there no hold up on the highways no normal person would take bike from iyanna ipaja to oshodi
So what I'm saying is that these issues needs to be fixed first
And watch how things would fall in place naturally.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
NEVER NEVER REVERSE THE BAN. IT MUST STAY.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Obataopue: 1:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
post=86421666:

Oh, okay.
We cool!
Hugs!
[/s]
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Manero(m): 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Why would they result to illegal means of survival.

Those that were sacked by MTN in 2017, which of them have stolen your property.

Did you cater for anyone of them?

jonesky080:
let the protest hold, we will all wait for the outcome, banning of this okada riders is not a bad step, however creating alternatives for them before the ban would have been a great move. now families of 100 of thousands of riders are now in pain and anger and will start opting for different illegal means of survival
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
if you an share bullet proof vest and AK47 guns i would take you serious
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Franklerry: 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
There is going to be general raiding tomorrow. Please tell people from reliable source
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by aspiring44: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=ola6 post=86421349]

So if you get sacked, you'll go to crime?! [/quote

Degree of vulnerability differs . What you can endure and persevere, some cannot. Hence , they resort to crime.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by James4bright(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
ola6:

Obviously, when there are no jobs, do you even think at all?
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by James4bright(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
ola6:

Obviously, when there are no jobs, do you even think at all?
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Legendguru: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by James4bright(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
cRobo:

If you call for good governance protest you won't see a single soul

Misplaced priorities

If you can't cope with Lagos then leave

The governor should order the police to shoot on sight anyone disrupting public peace especially on saturday

Very dumb context. Hopefully someday your kid would protest in school for something he believes is right and he would get shot.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by frowland(m): 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
davillian:

It is because
De demand for it is high...
If everything is working okada and keke would die a natural death from low patronage.
Remember the red and yellow cab in Lagos ?
They are almost dead now because of uber etc....
If there no hold up on the highways no normal person would take bike from iyanna ipaja to oshodi
So what I'm saying is that these issues needs to be fixed first
And watch how things would fall in place naturally.

You have a point at bolded but my state Imo banned keke and bike, so is other mega states like Kano and PH; they are all doing fine and no one is complaining, no one is demonstrating.
It seems that, for whatever reason a sizable number of Nigerians think mediocrity is OKAY and are ready to argue to its defences no matter what.
Well, Lagos is not the reason those chadians, Malians, Cameroonians and Negerians are poor and broke. Let them go back to wherever they came from before it blows out of control.

If for whatever reason Lagos think it's best for them to shut down those lines of business, so be it. But I would personally prefer they return and regulate Opay and GoKada but it will still be abused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit / Buhari Appoints Mele Kyari As NNPC GMD / Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.