Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead (51370 Views)

Bill Gates Sr Is Dead. Microsoft Co-Founder, Bill Gates' Father Dies / EXCLUSIVE: Sex Scandal Rocks Ogbuawa Family, As Wife, Children, Fights Dirty / Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Nickymezor(f): 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rest in peace to him...His name does ring a bell

2 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Nickymezor(f): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Ngwogwo ogba tum tum juru eju, Otutu bu akpuruka, nyoba ha enyo! super yoko
Choba Super Yoko Nwanne m! super yoko!!
Ogbuawa Special Quality! super yoko
Ndi ji Ogbatumtum biri! super yoko!!
Super yoko Motor cycle Spare parts, Ogbuawa Special Quality!!!

the radio jingles that year. Rest in Peace Chief Ogbuawashocked
pls wat year were the jingles made? His name does ring a bell
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Amdoyin(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rip to the man that provides means of livelihood to thousands. I love Igbos for their business instinct. May God in his infinite mercy forgive his shortcoming and misdeeds.

2 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by zuto4u(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hahahaha...... U just refreshed my memory
JubrinElSudan:

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by iHart(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Obdk:
This man was kidnapped he paid, 100 million to be released... He bought Bentley to celebrate his release. Them still kidnap am again. He paid 60 million the second time..

This man never went to school but hevis a shining light...

Though illiteracy affected him wella, his show room at Nnewi bank road. I remember how he bought the land..

The place was used as refuse dump.. He went to Chief Obienu and asked him how much for the dustbin. The man told him the dustbin is 60million and he paid, in the document it was written dustbin...

Baba called trucks and cleared the dustbin. When he started bringing stones and sand for construction, chief obienu told him he only sold the dirty to him that the land is 60 millions. They went to court. When the document was tendered He lost because no mention of land in d document. He paid twice.

D b man is arrogant and well hated by Nnewi people...
How Igbos cheat their fellow igbos. Yet it never brought the man down.

2 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by rhythyson: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
Am i the only one that does not understand this write up apart from the fact that the man died?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by foreshore(m): 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Chief PO Ogbuawa, the CEO Ogbuawa and Son's Limited ,importer and exporter of Super Yoko Motorcycle spare parts, a household name in Nnewi Auto Spare parts is dead.

Recall that he was kidnapped sometime in 2007 and was later released after he paid a ransom of N100 million. He also later one of the accused persons of the kidnap case of some Chinese nationals that worked at Innoson, a company owned by a fellow Nnewi man, Chukwuma Innocent who at that time deals in motorcycles too. He was later released from prison years after.

Source: http://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/893f0e79eb7759ec043ccd25c4d761a7

Hardly will you see an Igbo successful businessman not associated with criminality

3 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by AFONAMARO: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
OkoYibo:

Illiterate, go back to Primary 1. Evans was also a businessman.
That man went to prison for involvement in kidnapping Innoson's Chinese staff. You are an illiterate, so I don't expect you to understand.

Was he convicted for kidnapping, or he was remanded for alleged kidnapping and later released?
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Blackeuropean: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
themonk:
shocked

Growing up in heard much about this wealthy Nnewi Industrialist. May his soul rest in peace.

He is not from nnewi though.

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Hedgedog: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:

kpongem ka ha bu tanchim! Supaaa yoko

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Upright750: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
OkoYibo:

That man went to prison for involvement in kidnapping Innoson's Chinese staff. You are an illiterate, so I don't expect you to understand.

He is real.business man but the problem he got was his mouth never close .. he talk too much .. he once kidnap and later the kidnapper called him to pay money again.or else he will.be kidnap again so he tell ask the kidnapper why only him are they not seeing other rich man like innoson . After the Chinese was kidnapped and made a call for for payment .. the dss was checking the call details and Audio of the kidnappers phone number ..it was then they obtain ogbuawa s voice .. then the late chief wasn't in.good team with nnewi top men . They used the opportunity to.deal with him . The man was t a kidnapper at all . In fact average business guy in.nnewi don't like that man . In 1993 ogbuawa publicly said any one who.money is.not up to one million.Anita should go.back.to village .. and that alone.made many to dislike him ..

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Eddieofficial2: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
He died because Lagos state government has ban okada, this country will just be killing people anyhow

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
Blackeuropean:

He is not from nnewi though.
please where is he from?
Akwaeze right?
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by PeaceNexus(m): 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Those guys were busy sentencing English language to death in the name of fault finding grin grin grin,.....In Obiagbon's voice...."this is a monumental fiasco" grin grin
AgbariOjukwu1:

See you grin

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Commentor: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ogbuawa and the 20 others who claim to be members of Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) are facing trial for allegedly abducting Mr. Niu Quijan and Shey Feng at Nnewi and took them to Ekoli Edda in Ebonyi State where one of them died.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/kidnap-of-2-chinese-court-refuses-ogbuawa-bail/amp/

This is the man some people are making a hero.
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by degamemaster(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:

Your he's is correct.
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by UnimkeAk(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
manneger2:

Goat did u know the story behind the kidnap, after he was kidnap they ask him to name other rich men at Nnewi that's when that happen, goat u can't construct simple English, see what u wrote up there
Lol... And he was jailed for naming rich men... Lol zombie
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Bebson007(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
his parts were strong... I remember driving his bike very lasting machine

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Blackeuropean: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
please where is he from? Akwaeze right?
I don't remember but not from Nnewi
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by delawal: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
ogbuawa my main man. can't forget d philosophy programme on abs Onitsha he partakes in on Sundays. DT man be very funny. rip chief

1 Like

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by delawal: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
o
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by skup008(m): 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
So sad.
I made the floor of his home at his village back then. To me, he is such a kind hearted man.
Death is enough reason for us all to thread gently.

R.I.P CHIEF.

2 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by delawal: 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:

nwanne Uche GI dia onye obodo
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by skup008(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
please where is he from?
Akwaeze right?
Ora eri.
Not sure if the spelling is correct though.
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Focusmind: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
This life sha! I wonder what he would be thinking at that final moment. At the point of death, every other things becomes immaterial.

Watch as the business empire he built collapses. Igbos and Nigerians in general, have serious succession planning problem in business. A lot of businesses built by the founder are now moribund as the second and third generation are not prepared to lead those empires.

In Nnewi, where is Ekene Dili Chukwu, Izuchukwu and other notable businessmen and industrialists?

3 Likes

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Ykc2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
OkoYibo:

bitterness will kill you ,he was kidnapped force at gun point to mention other millionaires in nnewi machine market he mentioned innoson and other big importers does that made him a kidnapper?if robber point gun at you and tell you to knock at your neighbours door and tell your neighbour to open your the one will you knock or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by FEGNO: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
The simple truth is that while in captivity with the people who kidnapped him, he was given a pen and paper and asked to write a list of other rich men. He did so under duress as would almost anyother person would have
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
manneger2:

Shut up he is a business man, he was kidnapp before and he paid a whooping 100m, so ogbuawa is death

tell me something I don't know shocked

he paid a ransom of N100m and the kidnappers were not found and arrested?
it all went like that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by Commentor: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
FEGNO:
The simple truth is that while in captivity with the people who kidnapped him, he was given a pen and paper and asked to write a list of other rich men. He did so under duress as would almost anyother person would have

Ogbuawa and the 20 others who claim to be members of Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) are facing trial for allegedly abducting Mr. Niu Quijan and Shey Feng at Nnewi and took them to Ekoli Edda in Ebonyi State where one of them died.
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by delawal: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Focusmind:
This life sha! I wonder what he would be thinking at that final moment. At the point of death, every other things becomes immaterial.

Watch as the business empire he built collapses. Igbos and Nigerians in general, have serious succession planning problem in business. A lot of businesses built by the founder are now moribund as the second and third generation are not prepared to lead those empires.

In Nnewi, where is Ekene Dili Chukwu, Izuchukwu and other notable businessmen and industrialists?
Izuchukwu his sons dey and doing well. one of d sons owns grunz link and nibbles. u can still see some of their hummer buses for road
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by EjaikreTheViper(f): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Awon eyan Evans..... Business man in the day, kidnapper at night.
Awon eyan invictus Obi..... Motivational speaker in the day, yahoo yahoo at night shocked

same way Obafemi Awolowo and MKO Abiola were stealing and kidnapping until they died miserably! even Tinubu is a thief. jealous poor little boy!
Re: P.O Ogbuawa Is Dead by alfasexy: 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
I remember when I drank Fanta in his flat when my uncle took me to pay him rent.

Bye bye great man. Igbo Amaka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Jokes About Manchester United And Got This Reply / 11 Countries That Are Buying Products From Nigeria Right Now / Dangote - I Do Not Have Any House Abroad, I Drive Myself Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.