Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Crazy Uber Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Crazy Uber Experience (2279 Views)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) / My Crazy Vacation Adventures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Anyways we embarked on the trip and I started to apply my makeup because I hadn’t had enough time to do that initially . Naturally , I prefer sitting at the passengers seat in the front so I can always have eye on the driver and caution him when needed . I know what you are thinking . Lol wahala girl yii po (this girl is really troublesome) so I noticed he kept stealing glances at me probably looking at the transformation taking place . Then I asked “are you uncomfortable with me applying makeup in your car? Do you feel like I’m going to stain your car with some of it ? Because I’m absolutely not going to do that . He replied “No I’m not . I wasn’t even staring “ Now I’m like “hmmmm!!!alright o “. So Incase I haven’t mentioned, I have a terrible phobia for large bodies of water and as to be expected as soon as we began approaching 3rd mainland bridge sweat began to break out on my forehead. I could feel my pulse quicken, the blood in my veins flow , my veins standing out of my skin and every strand of hair on my head. But I was maintaining my composure and controlling my breathing as they have thought us to.

That’s when Oga in dada (dreadlocks) decided to remove his hands from the steering for a few seconds . In my mind I’m like “Pelumi just calm down ! Don’t go off on his ass ! If you show yourself now and he orders you out of the vehicle in the middle of the ocean ,what will you do ?”. So I was quiet. He later decided to use only one arm on the steering as soon as he remembered he had one (at least better than using none at all)and I became somewhat calm . Until about some seconds after again he removed his two hands from the steering . It was at this moment Crazy-Pea decided to join the show . Crazy -Pea is one of my alter ego’s that comes out when I’m going out of my mind with fear and anger . At this moment I’m like “Oga what’s the meaning of all this ?” I asked

See full article: https://lulusarena.com/the-driver-the-phobia-and-crazy-pea/

1 Share

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Aidejay(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Here is the remaining part
Note: absolute waste of time.

my mind with fear and anger . At this moment I’m like “Oga what’s the meaning of this one ? you can’t be doing that with me here. I don’t understand the meaning of this style abi you want to be unfortunate this morning nii ? Please try and focus and I would advice that it’s only when you are by yourself you try this experiment not with a passenger in the car “. Next thing Oga will say is “are you scared ? Me I don’t want to die too” . I replied “ if you don’t want to die, please drive well!! I noticed the same thing the other time . For Christ sake we are in the middle lane anyone and any vehicle can approach us from both directions in split seconds .

How do you want to get the composure to put your hands on the wheels not to talk of the ability of swerving when your arms are in the air”. This man started laughing o that’s when I knew that the person I was riding with had problems with his brain and I have “shi oko wo” (entered the wrong vehicle). By now I was already questioning myself on why I didn’t cancel the trip at first when I had the strange feeling “Orimi eledami eshanu mi, I’m sorry if I ever sinned against you oh lord my God , please forgive me . I won’t sin no more ,just get me off this ride safely”. I began to pray .

Finally we got to my destination and I was so relieved and of course I saved the drivers details and couldn’t stop thinking about the speech I was gonna make later in the day to the cab company when I eventually get home later that day . Anyway, this was one my most horrifying experiences using a E-ride hailing service in Lagos. The others vary from being driven by a sleepy driver to having to be with a driver who wouldn’t stop handling with his man junk and another driver who refused to stop talking to me and another that went ballistic because I wasn’t listening to his gist, this one even screamed at me “listen to me !!! I’m talking to you !!! . I want to tell you a story !!! I retorted “Ori eleyi ti yii pata pata “ (this one has completely lost his senses ), and to the one that wouldn’t stop touching my hand while talking ( another disadvantage of siting at the front sit ) . It goes on and on. The things wey eye done see for this Lagos . If I decide to write about them you all will get burnt-out. Anyways I just decided to let you have a sneak peek into my traumatic experience of that day . I hope you enjoyed reading . You can let me know if you have experienced something similar or any odd experience you have also witnessed while using a ride hailing service in the comment section. Merry Christmas in advance !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by dawnomike(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
What an experience

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by uzedo1(m): 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
This is what I call rough play..

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2020
uzedo1:
This is what I call rough play..
Lol. Very serious rough play . I’m not forgetting that experience anytime soon .
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2020
Aidejay:

my mind with fear and anger . At this moment I’m like “Oga what’s the meaning of this one ? you can’t be doing that with me here. I don’t understand the meaning of this style abi you want to be unfortunate this morning nii ? Please try and focus and I would advice that it’s only when you are by yourself you try this experiment not with a passenger in the car “. Next thing Oga will say is “are you scared ? Me I don’t want to die too” . I replied “ if you don’t want to die, please drive well!! I noticed the same thing the other time . For Christ sake we are in the middle lane anyone and any vehicle can approach us from both directions in split seconds .

How do you want to get the composure to put your hands on the wheels not to talk of the ability of swerving when your arms are in the air”. This man started laughing o that’s when I knew that the person I was riding with had problems with his brain and I have “shi oko wo” (entered the wrong vehicle). By now I was already questioning myself on why I didn’t cancel the trip at first when I had the strange feeling “Orimi eledami eshanu mi, I’m sorry if I ever sinned against you oh lord my God , please forgive me . I won’t sin no more ,just get me off this ride safely”. I began to pray .

Finally we got to my destination and I was so relieved and of course I saved the drivers details and couldn’t stop thinking about the speech I was gonna make later in the day to the cab company when I eventually get home later that day . Anyway, this was one my most horrifying experiences using a E-ride hailing service in Lagos. The others vary from being driven by a sleepy driver to having to be with a driver who wouldn’t stop handling with his man junk and another driver who refused to stop talking to me and another that went ballistic because I wasn’t listening to his gist, this one even screamed at me “listen to me !!! I’m talking to you !!! . I want to tell you a story !!! I retorted “Ori eleyi ti yii pata pata “ (this one has completely lost his senses ), and to the one that wouldn’t stop touching my hand while talking ( another disadvantage of siting at the front sit ) . It goes on and on. The things wey eye done see for this Lagos . If I decide to write about them you all will get burnt-out. Anyways I just decided to let you have a sneak peek into my traumatic experience of that day . I hope you enjoyed reading . You can let me know if you have experienced something similar or any odd experience you have also witnessed while using a ride hailing service in the comment section. Merry Christmas in advance !

Oh really ? Waste of time ? Yet you read it through and still came to post it grin. A typical example of when people waste your time but you can’t get enough . Thank you jarey smiley
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CaptainStephen(m): 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
Fear fear grin grin

Let me help get rid of your phobia for water.
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
CaptainStephen:
Fear fear grin grin

Let me help get rid of your phobia for water.

Oya na I’m ready . But how do you want to help me ?
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CaptainStephen(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Pnuggets:

Oya na I’m ready . But how do you want to help me ?
we would go scuba diving grin
I used to have water phobia before but all changed.
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
CaptainStephen:
we would go scuba diving grin
I used to have water phobia before but all changed.

Is there anything like scuba driving in Nigeria ? Or an outlet for that in Nigeria ? I really doubt it ! I think you watch too many foreign movies or you are not based in Nigeria .lol
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 1:54am On Feb 10, 2020
Next time you decide to ride again,try to take to heart these warnings...
1...Dont assume you own the vehicle
2...dont assume the driver is your paid employee
3....dont assume your life is more important than the life of the driver.
4...always sit at the back sit and not focus entirely to what the driver is doing..they are equally safety conscious as you.
The idea you can control your driver is very common among our people especially the ladies and it's a bad habit.In abroad,you dont have to talk to your uber driver when you feel hes wrong,there is a comment box you can post your comment and the company will do the rest.correcting or giving drivers orders are plain wrong and should be discouraged.
The driver is a very nice gentleman.

2 Likes

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 3:24am On Feb 10, 2020
CutieKing:
4...always sit at the back sit and not focus entirely to what the driver is doing..they are equally safety conscious as you.
The idea you can control your driver is very common among our people especially the ladies and it's a bad habit.In abroad,you dont have to talk to your uber driver when you feel hes wrong,there is a comment box you can post your comment and the company will do the rest.correcting or giving drivers orders are plain wrong and should be discouraged.
Ok when you are “in the abroad” and your uber driver removes his hands from the steering more than twice don’t say anything just go to the “comment box” and post your comment and let the company do the rest you hear . Let me also add that you shouldn’t focus on the driver you can sleep off while he smokes or drinks .

Please ensure you heed my advice o smiley smiley!!
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 3:25am On Feb 10, 2020
CutieKing:
Ok when you are “in the abroad” and your uber driver removes his hands from the steering more than twice don’t say anything just go to the “comment box” and post your comment and let the company do the rest you hear . Let me also add that you shouldn’t focus on the driver you can sleep off while he smokes or drinks .

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 5:22am On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

You have the right to ask him to drop you off if you are threatened by his conduct and that you correcting him won't make him do what you want as well.You don't teach a driver how to drive especially if that driver is not your employee.its his vehicle,he can choose to drive whichever way he feels comfortable for him.you ladies have to stop this stupid entitlement mentality as if you are doing him a favor by riding in his car.And who told you driving with one hand is a safety hazard??.
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 5:29am On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

And people abroad have more productive things doing with their time when riding in a taxi like reading surfing or talking over the phone rather than fixating their eyes on what the driver is doing every second .in an event of a crash,who loses more??..you or the driver ??
Stop behaving like the boss in a taxi..

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 8:13am On Feb 10, 2020
CutieKing:

And people abroad have more productive things doing with their time when riding in a taxi like reading surfing or talking over the phone rather than fixating their eyes on what the driver is doing every second .in an event of a crash,who loses more??..you or the driver ??
Stop behaving like the boss in a taxi..

Haha...Drop me off on third mainland bridge?now I see grin

The way you are mentioning this “abroad” I won’t be surprised if you haven’t been to the airport before. Look at you trying to claim levels behind your keyboard angry . Awon eyan IJGB cheesy

Just checked out your post including all the ones you have commented on (threads). That’s the way you tell everyone you are in the US . Always trying to prove one thing or the other . What do you have to prove ? I think you are a really sad individual who likes to make himself look good but below all this you are really sad and lonely .

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by IceColdVeins(m): 8:35am On Feb 10, 2020
Aidejay:

I swear

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2020
IceColdVeins:

I swear
[/quote]
[quote]
cheesy grin
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 11:14am On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

Haha...Drop me off on third mainland bridge?now I see grin

The way you are mentioning this “abroad” I won’t be surprised if you haven’t been to the airport before. Look at you trying to claim levels behind your keyboard angry . Awon eyan IJGB cheesy

Just checked out your post including all the ones you have commented on (threads). That’s the way you tell everyone you are in the US . Always trying to prove one thing or the other . What do you have to prove ? I think you are a really sad individual who likes to make himself look good but below all this you are really sad and lonely .

It's always good if you focus on the topic under discus here and not allowing your vain mind wander about an unknown territory.
I have no point to prove to an unknown hungry people like you and your likes but tell you the truth.
Next time,dont assume everyone is as stupid as you are,that driver you were trying to order around could unleash the demon in him on you on that third Midland bridge you most dreaded.take heed cos you may not be lucky next time.
The solution.....go get your own vehicle..,take a public bus or just walk your legs to your destination.
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
CutieKing:

It's always good if you focus on the topic under discus here and not allowing your vain mind wander about an unknown territory.
I have no point to prove to an unknown hungry people like you and your likes but tell you the truth.
Next time,dont assume everyone is as stupid as you are,that driver you were trying to order around could unleash the demon in him on you on that third Midland bridge you most dreaded.take heed cos you may not be lucky next time.
The solution.....go get your own vehicle..,take a public bus or just walk your legs to your destination.
So because I decided to take Uber I don’t have a car of my own ?
Hahaha... so with all this grammar you don’t have brain undecided
You are a sad little baby boy grin
Take heart !!!
Try not to be too miserable wink
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by EgunMogaji2: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

Is there anything like scuba driving in Nigeria ? Or an outlet for that in Nigeria ? I really doubt it ! I think you watch too many foreign movies or you are not based in Nigeria .lol

Read this carefully. There’s nothing that exist internationally that isn’t available in Nigeria.

Scuba diving occurs in Nigeria and I in fac have read about surfers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Read this carefully. There’s nothing that exist internationally that isn’t available in Nigeria.

Oh it’s nice to know that scuba driving exist in Nigeria . I asked the question because I wasn’t sure . I think I might just try it one of these days cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

So because I decided to take Uber I don’t have a car of my own ?
Hahaha... so with all this grammar you don’t have brain undecided
You are a sad little baby boy grin
Take heart !!!
Try not to be too miserable wink

When you see someone who just came out of their parent protection they are very easy to know.
I know you are still a baby trying to start enjoying life but please be careful and wise so you can enjoy that life longer.
Beside,your entire original post really showed someone with multiple vehicles in her garage.no go get work so you can afford a car .
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Lol...how would she know??. Someone that may be in one remote village in osun or Ekiti forming lagos big girl.

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
CutieKing:

When you see someone who just came out of their parent protection they are very easy to know.
I know you are still a baby trying to start enjoying life but please be careful and wise so you can enjoy that life longer.
Beside,your entire original post really showed someone with multiple vehicles in her garage.no go get work so you can afford a car .
Ode omo . grin
Please continue showing how stupid you are
You that you are forming ancestor there grin
I pity you
You obviously can’t even have/get a job with this demented mentality of yours.
Someone that lacks cognitive abilities like you how do you want to understand or succeed in anything smiley
You can’t even own a business sef . You are not sound enough smiley
See someone that is insulting someone ....hahaha
Please go away and get busy with your day to day routine of telling everybody about how you’re in the US since that’s your achievement in life . I have been to 2 countries and I don’t go about running my mouth . While you are at it, don’t forget to make yourself happy o . You shouldn’t always be this miserable kiss
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CutieKing: 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

Ode omo . grin
Please continue showing how stupid you are
You that you are forming ancestor there grin
I pity you
You obviously can’t even have/get a job with this demented mentality of yours.
Someone that lacks cognitive abilities like you how do you want to understand or succeed in anything smiley
You can’t even own a business sef . You are not sound enough smiley
See someone that is insulting someone ....hahaha
Please go away and get busy with your day to day routine of telling everybody about how you’re in the US since that’s your achievement in life . I have been to 2 countries and I don’t go about running my mouth . While you are at it, don’t forget to make yourself happy o . You shouldn’t always be this miserable kiss

Cant remember where I claimed to live abroad .You are the one making noise everywhere when you have no meaningful thing to say as per the subject matter.keep
Wallowing in your ignorance.
Village champion that want to trend.
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CaptainStephen(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pnuggets:

lol, there is actually although, I go with my course mates in the Navy.
I haven't seen a movie for a longtime now sef

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2020
CutieKing:

Cant remember where I claimed to live abroad .You are the one making noise everywhere when you have no meaningful thing to say as per the subject matter.keep
Wallowing in your ignorance.
Village champion that want to trend.
Hahaha....Who’s the village champion here grin?
You started with your bullshit claim and list of things I should do/ not do in an uncouth manner.
You are the one wallowing in ignorance with the thought of view that everyone who orders from a ride hailing company definitely does not own a car. For someone to still be thinking this way in this century is totally appalling .
Besides, you can give people advice in a polite way and even get people to understand your point of view in a tasteful manner .
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2020
CaptainStephen:
lol, there is actually although, I go with my course mates in the Navy.
I haven't seen a movie for a longtime now sef

Oh nice cheesy
That must have been really exciting .
I myself haven’t seen a movie in a while
The last time I did was sometime in December
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by CaptainStephen(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2020
Pnuggets:

Oh nice cheesy
That must have been really exciting .
I myself haven’t seen a movie in a while
The last time I did was sometime in December
enjoyment, December is still near nah
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
CaptainStephen:
enjoyment, December is still near nah
It’s not jor but I get your point smiley
Re: My Crazy Uber Experience by Pnuggets: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Dubai Cry Out As They Are Arrested From Their Homes And Deported / London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) / Top 10 Countries With Highest molest Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.