Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison (42667 Views)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / My Crazy Uber Experience / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
I travelled to Tanzania in 2018, in search of greener pastures, greener than The green in Nigerias flag. I was skilled and versatile in cosmetics and beauty products in general. So the plan was to establish a multi million dollar cosmetics firm, far away in a country called Tanzania.

I took multi layers of loans from different micro finance banks, friends and relatives. I was able to gather almost 30 million naira. I applied for a Tanzanian visa and it was out in days. I travelled the following week to east Africa with big plans and big dreams. It was a tourist visa, the plan here is to get a working permit so as to establish my dream firm without slowing down.

Little did I know that trouble awaits me in the future. I was able to get a contact of an immigration officer who will help facilitate the transition from tourist to a working visa. I paid over 1200 in USD. In less than 1 week, I had all necessary doc needed in setting up my business. Everything was going on smoothly, business was thriving. I easily made over 2million naira in pure profit in 3 months.

One morning, government officials came to my building requesting for my license and stuff, I smiled while feeding them with all the documentations and licenses. Little did I know that day will be the last day I will be seeing the company I have built up from scratch.

When the officers imputed my details on there system, it showed that all my documents were forged and not authentic. I was handcuffed immediately and sent to their cell, while my case is been arranged for court. After some days, I was sent to court, to cut the long story short, I was charged with forgery, unlicensed production of goods and over stay in Tanzania, I got a 2 year sentence.

Typing…

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by TemplarLandry: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
Part 2

I tried to appeal my case but still, nothing changed, I guess because I am Nigerian. While In prison I saw a lot of Nigerians too, I was so shocked to see the number of Nigerians locked up in jail for various crimes. I had to make friends ASAP, in the female cell there were no hierarchy, everyone here had a bed placed on bonks in a large hall.

I chose the upper deck so that I can see everyone clearly just Incase. The lady right below me was from Tanzania, she is damn pretty and I wondered what crime she committed. We became very close friends and worked together here so as to make live very easy for our selves.

After some days I had the guts to ask her what crime she had committed, I was shocked to hear murder. O boy. I didn’t ask any other questions because I was so shocked to hear her crime, she was sentenced to life in imprison.

Anyway we move, since she was very pretty, she usual gets favors from the wardens. She usually spend most of her nights with guards. She was living large and getting favors.

Typing

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by joshboss(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Blitzking: 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Waiting
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
I de follow ur story, but let it not be one of those stories where the writer will stop at the middle o

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Duke007(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
This suspense is too much. Come and continue your story op, l dey wait.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Nemesis0147(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hmm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
Part 3

One night I had to join her in her escapades because Omo, hunger don scatter my head here. She introduced me to one of the top officers who promised to move us to the vip prison room and also provide us with steady supply of foods and other necessary groceries.

The man was fine (I can’t give all details here to avoid anyone pin pointing who he is)

That night, a guard came to our cell to signal us, we moved quickly towards him and he opened the cell. We walked towards an highly prohibited section of prison meant for only top officers.
This man had a furnished apartment somewhere in the yard. The man did his thing, it was a party.

He gave us 5000 Tanzanian shillings each and a nice bed to sleep on. Omo, that night was the best night ever. His room was air conditioned, the mattress was mattressing. I slept off withing a minute or two. Around 5am(not too sure) he woke us up to return to our cell, accompanied by a guard.

I used my 5k shillings buy proper breakfast, I got ugali (semolina) with plenty sharky stew. I wasn’t going to settle for just food here, I needed freedom or at least an Appeal in court.

Typing

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Chronosvineberg(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
How dare you stop here?

Question sha, "the man did his thing" , he bleeped you?

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
Part 4

After pleading for an appeal, nothing worked. I was forced to do the complete 2 years in prison. I tried all naija tactics on the prison warden but nothing worked.

During my last couple of months there, I was attacked by some Ethiopian ladies who formed a gang in prison. I couldn’t fight back because at that spot they had cctv cameras installed and I had 2 months left in my jail time. These girls beat the hell out of me before I was rescued by other prisoners there.

This girls showed me Shege banza promax, I spent hours in the prison clinic before I was allowed to go back to my cell. I reported the case to officers and it was quickly brushed off. That is when I realized that it was a setup. The plan was for me to retaliate so as to get a prolonged sentence.

I had to use my brain, but then, one evening I cornered one of those girls in front of the washroom were no cameras were installed.

Omo I chop her father for there. I destroyed the lady. Me that watches MMA, I know how to give nice punches+ left and right hook* lower and upper cut.

I totally destabilized the lady to the point were she almost fainted, I did the job clean and smooth without any blood stain. I knew others would come for me, so I was ready.

216 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by MMempire(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
This story go long.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.

612 Likes 45 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Sanguine(f): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.

Wow! Interesting read. Thank God for freedom and all the lessons learnt. You don't know the value of freedom until you lose it.

You're back on your feet now I believe.
Sending you love. 🤍🤍
It is well with you.

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sanguine:

Wow! Interesting read. Thank God for freedom and all the lessons learnt. You don't know the value of freedom until you lose it.

You're back on your feet now I believe.
Sending you love. 🤍🤍
It is well with you.

Thanks for the kind words

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by IamRichards: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
interesting story
hope you learnt your lessons.

6 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by madscientist88(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
you write well,i wonder why you didn't invest your money in publishing a book? freedom is everything no matter what,why wont they hate nigerians when we have the highest number of fraudsters tarnishing the image of Africa,you won't understand this pain untila destiny helper rejects you because you are Nigerian, as an inventor and a rugged outdoorsman ive had my share of badlucks for being a Nigerian all for the sake of lazy fraudsters who want to make quick money.

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
madscientist88:
you write well,i wonder why you didn't invest your money in publishing a book? freedom is everything no matter what,why wont they hate nigerians when we have the highest number of fraudsters tarnishing the image of Africa,you won't understand this pain untila destiny helper rejects you because you are Nigerian, as an inventor and a rugged outdoorsman ive had my share of badlucks for being a Nigerian all for the sake of lazy fraudsters who want to make quick money.

Thanks for the kind words. Before traveling I had couple of kid books (low content books) on Amazon KDP it really helped me.

About Nigerians been dislike by other African countries, the hate sometimes emanates from competition. Other Africans see Nigerians as risk takers, very hardworking and overly resilient.

When ever you do business in their own field they know automatically that you will dethrone them. So the my find various ways to cut of your wings.

It was a Tanzanian who called the cops on me so as to put me off

277 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
IamRichards:
interesting story
hope you learnt your lessons.

Yes sir

6 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by oyewale0001(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and F

Like after getting that amount of money, 30m.

You choose Tanzania as the next destination to establish yourself. To me, you settle for less.

Spending such amount of money in any advance country in Europe would have being more better story by now. But all hope is not lose. As long as you got your freedom back. That if your story is even true.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyewale0001:

Like after getting that amount of money, 30m.

You choose Tanzania as the next destination to establish yourself. To me, you settle for less.

Spending such amount of money in any advance country in Europe would have being more better story by now. But all hope is not lose. As long as you got your freedom back. That if your story is even true.

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala

311 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Newborn27(f): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hmmmmmm

Nice thread!

How were you able to pay back your loans back here in Nigeria?

What happened to your business over there after deportation?

What was your family's reaction on your deportation?

Should you have another opportunity to "japa" again... would you oblige?

Congratulations on your freedom.... it's worth it.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by oyewale0001(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala

I can sense your smartness and intelligent to explore other African countries, but the only thing I noticed misses is that you didn't hear from God directly before embarking on your journey to Tanzania. Please my dear, when next you want to embark on such journey again, make sure you hear from God first before going through such journey so as to avoid same repetition. And please don't be too desperate in any major decisions you want to make for your life. Shalom.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by madscientist88(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:

Thanks for the kind words. Before traveling I had couple of kid books (low content books) on Amazon KDP it really helped me.

About Nigerians been dislike by other African countries, the hate sometimes emanates from competition. Other Africans see Nigerians as risk takers, very hardworking and overly resilient.

When ever you do business in their own field they know automatically that you will dethrone them. So the my find various ways to cut of your wings.

It was a Tanzanian who called the cops on me so as to put me off
yeah most nigerians are all of those positive things you mentioned, but you have ignored the fact that some nigerians have an evil domineering and corrupt phase on the slate, often bitting more than they can digest,certain nigerians puppeteer people and if you dont tame them they become an inferno.na we sabi create gangs and run cartel,you wont even know its run by a Nigerian. my advice to you is study safe places for people of your race before traveling to any place on earth. great to know you made positive returns on the kids book you made,if i was you,id be thinking on moving to Norway or Vienna with that kind 9f money to start a new trade.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by oyewale0001(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Newborn27:
Hmmmmmm

Nice thread!

Nice questions. @Op, please answer this 👆

10 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Bashnigga(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sorry for your ordeal and congratulations for getting back your freedom.
Your topic says "romance story" as if you fell in love with someone in prison

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by JimmySwaggart(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
Truth be told your education wasn't a waste. Your encounter over there added more rank to your wisdom and life experience. and you seem like someone who is a goal getter, someone who will never settle for less due to unpleasant life circumstance. Some other Naija babes with zero IQ would still have been languishing in that jail cell due to prolonged sentences for breaking jail rules, some will even carry Belle for warders if given the chance to earn money just like you did and prudently you saved up yours.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Newborn27:
Hmmmmmm

Nice thread!

It wasn’t easy paying the loans but I was able to sell some property but in Nigeria and Tanzania.

The business folded the same day of my arrest.

I have been japaing since then

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by oyewale0001(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anitatunde:

It wasn’t easy paying the loans but I was able to sell some properties but in Nigeria and Tanzania.

The business folded the same day of my arrest.

I have been japaing since then

Sorry dear, I pray your get back to your feet soon. You are so brave.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Anitatunde(f): 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyewale0001:

Sorry dear, I pray your get back to your feet soon. You are so brave.

Thanks 🙏

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by SonofGod231: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Oh My!!! So sorry dear. I don't know if I'm in love with the OP or the full context of her write up.
You're a victim of a manipulative society.
Its almost always too late to say sorry.

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NLC Locks Down Abuja Airport, Many Stranded / Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.