Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story (594 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How is minimum wage calculated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by Cheato64(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
I work with one of the federal institute, i was expecting to recieve my new minimum wage and arrears come this January but to my surprise 15 thousand naira was deducted from my salary, not only me but to all the staff that started work from 2017 till date and uptill now no one has told us the reason why this happened. This is why i want the government to insist on this ippis,had it been ippis has started paying all this could not have happen. I previously earn 87k now i was given 72k to recover from this xmas, pay back my loan, pay back my Overdraft and feed my family. THINGS ARE HARD
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by jesmond3945: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
why did you collect loan and overdraft in the first place?

1 Like

Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by yanabasee(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
jesmond3945:

Until you become a government staff and get owed for a month... You will not understand.

For a single man/woman, it's different. But for a family man:- school fees, uniforms, books, rents, feeding, clothes, transport, hospital fees, etc.
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by Kampack: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
jesmond3945:

How do you expect him to survive on paltry salary of 87k without loans ?
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by jesmond3945: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
yanabasee:

Until you become a government staff and get owed for a month... You will not understand.

For a single man/woman, it's different. But for a family man:- school fees, uniforms, books, rents, feeding, clothes, transport, hospital fees, etc.
loans are paid from business not salary. it is always a trap.
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by Kampack: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
yanabasee:

Even if you are not owed, the salary is miserable. Many of them live on loans from cooperative societies.

Ippis is not the solution. It will only make matters worse. The solution is implementation of signed agreements on peculiar allowances...e.g hazard allowance, earned academic allowances, etc. Many of them are owed several years of accumulated allowances. Even min wage has not been implemented in Federal institutions, including unpaid min wage arreas. FG has impoverished them in that sector grin
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by jesmond3945: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kampack:

How do you expect him to survive on paltry salary of 87k without loans ?
you call 87k paltry? how many people earn such?

1 Like

Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by Kampack: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2020
jesmond3945:
you call 87k paltry? how many people earn such?

Less than $250 for a whole month! for a family! To be honest, that's too little bro!
There's high level of poverty in Nigeria abeg.
Re: My Minimum Wage And Ippis Story by jesmond3945: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2020
Kampack:

Less than $250 for a whole month! for a family! To be honest, that's too little bro!
There's high level of poverty in Nigeria abeg.
let me tell what dont know, what 250 dollars would buy in america is far less than what 87k will do for you in naija. you can pay 250 dollars as rent every month in naija but someone can pay a years rent in naija with 250dollars.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Popular Free Personality Tests For Employers / CAE- The Eyes Of Engineering / Most Underrated Skill That Could Save You From Being Broke!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.