Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke (6866 Views)

Data Of 1.5 Billion Facebook Users On Sale At Hacker Forum / Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by mundus(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
I just had an interesting conversation with a Whatsapp hacker this evening.

The guy called and asked me if I was in the “Support Tinubu” Whatsapp group. I said no, he mentioned two other group names and I finally claimed to be in one.

He asked what network I was using and I said MTN, he told me he’s the group admin and that’s he’s giving everyone in the group 3,000 airtime. However, he will need to authenticate that I am an actual member of the group.

While still on the call, my phone beeped! Oga has requested for change of Whatsapp number and they had sent me the verification code to authenticate that. Oga asked me to call out the code, I called a wrong one, it didn’t work, he did the request again and Whatsapp sent another code, he asked of it and I called the wrong one again.

Oga was now getting frustrated. That I will lose the 3,000 airtime if I don’t get the number right the next time. Oga requested again and they sent yet another code. As usual I called out a wrong number. You need to see me arguing that the code was actually what Whatsapp sent. Oga started cursing me. I didn’t hesitate to curse him back. �

I feel fulfilled that Oga wasted at least N50 on me this evening �.

If I fall for this kind of hack then I should be ashamed of myself. FUTO will have to refund me the school fees I paid for five years. This is the most basic form of social engineering and only those who are naive, ignorant and greedy should fall for it.

Anything that has to do with verification codes, OTP, PINS and passwords are for your USE only. Under no circumstances should you give it out, not even in the face of a potential 10 million naira winning �. You will lose your account.

Stay woke and enable 2factor authentication on all your accounts.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk tonight.

(c) http://mundus.ng/whatsapp-hack-my-experience/

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by chatinent: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
Just N50 off a scammer? Well, I don't think you are an Igbo guy. He'd have wasted N4k or more.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by dawnomike(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
If you had fallen for it. I would have advised you go ahead to collect balance on your school fees from Futo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Tonyfx: 12:52am On Feb 07, 2020
But you would have been asking him lots of unnecessary questions just to keep wasting his airtime.

3 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by PrinceJoeWan(m): 1:24am On Feb 07, 2020
A good NLANDER would have wasted the scammers 2k airtime!

BRO YOU FAILED THE TEST! HAND OVER YOUR NAIRALANDERS BADGE AND MONIKER NOW

18 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by kilojoDesigns: 1:54am On Feb 07, 2020
The time you spent vs the N50 (half agege bread) he wasted
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by 48noble(m): 1:55am On Feb 07, 2020
His time to hammer never come
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by richesbhc(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2020
Some greedy people will still fall for this cheap scam upon hearing that recharge card or money is involved. Let be guided.

5 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Zimri(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many times are we going to tell you guys that processes like this is not called hacking. It's just a tricky means of taking your account from you.

17 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Hotworta1: 6:45am On Feb 07, 2020
chatinent:
Just N50 off a scammer? Well, I don't think you are an Igbo guy. He'd have wasted N4k or more.

As in only 50naira airtime. Lol

You could have done better.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Kingrexyl(m): 6:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Nawa o
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by ybalogs(m): 7:01am On Feb 07, 2020
We thank God for FUTO in your life ooo . These foolish hackers wouldn't stop but that's cos we have more stupid and greedy *Hackees* who falls for their daft moves. Thanks for sharing OP.

3 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 07, 2020
Hehehehe me being the me that me knows in this Nigeria
my guy if i hear 10milli i go bend o
what is there in new sim i cannot buy
this life is easy jor grin grin
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by ybalogs(m): 7:03am On Feb 07, 2020
PrinceJoeWan:
A good NLANDER would have wasted the scammers 2k airtime!

BRO YOU FAILED THE TEST!
HAND OVER YOUR NAIRALANDERS BADGE AND MONIKER NOW
grin grin grin. He actually didn't fail as the stupid hacker didn't succeed. Would have been better if he successfully made plans to collect something from the fool though.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Randy100: 7:10am On Feb 07, 2020
This reminded me a day one idiot wanted to scam me of my hard earned money. He said he is from la vita Ricca. He said I should send 50k and in the next two hours my account will be credited with 100k. I was tempted when he started bombarding me with videos of a priest that won a car from their company but I became suspicious with his incessant call and swearing that he is not fake. I just goggled about them and lo and behold there was litany of people crying about how they were scamed. This reminds me of an American proverb, "If it is too good to be true, it ain't."

7 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by KiZiie(m): 7:43am On Feb 07, 2020
Zimri:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many times are we going to tell you guys that processes like this is not calling hacking. It's just a tricky means of taking your account from you.

Social Engineering ID hacking

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by wagazala: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2020
Very nice write up OP. I wonder why so many still fall for it. If you can't give out your atm pi to a stranger, same should be done for any OTP.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by fkj950ax(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2020
chatinent:

That's not possible on a phone call Oga. Igbo or not.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by LadySarah: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2020
Ndi suppliers grp called last week. Contract of 10k units of pipes supplied at 10k to me while I resell 15k. grin grin grin

Oga,supply and resell to your generation. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by seanwilliam(m): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2020
That is not hacking.. that is called chyking
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Loooooooogstory: 10:48am On Feb 07, 2020
Well one sent me a message with 07033345240 that my ATM card & ACCT has been BLOCKED that I should call customer care on 09069343069.

Haba! This is 2020 naa

I flashed him and niggas called back. I know his ancestors will never forgive for the causes he received
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by GoodBoi1(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2020
To all those saying this is not hacking, not all hacks are technical. This is a form of hacking and it is called social engineering. You don't need much tech skill for this

3 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by kenedylen(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2020
Good to know. OTP/PIN sharing is a forbidden habit. No joke...
http://www.hypactive.com/news.php?n=335
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by mundus(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2020
GoodBoi1:
To all those saying this is not hacking, not all hacks are technical. This is a form of hacking and it is called social engineering. You don't need much tech skill for this

Tell them biko. Social Engineering is one of the most popular form of hacking. Most people here use their Year of birth as their credit/debit card PIN. If a stranger can trick you into telling him/her your Year of birth and then you fall for it. You have been hacked. That's also Social Engineering.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by dammylarey(m): 11:59am On Feb 07, 2020
Hello everyone,

With the prevalence of hackers on groups, they hacked my group already and I mailed whatsapp but they couldn't help me out...�
we need to quickly address this issue before it get out of hand.

Hackers now hack WhatsApp Accounts and exploit people on your list and give them fake news.

They act on your integrity.
They'll change your phone number to theirs and replace you in whatsoever group you belong.

In order to prevent such a thing from happening to you because only God knows who the next victim will be.

*Follow these steps:*

1. Go to settings on your WhatsApp,

2. Click on Account,

3. Click on Two- step verification,

4. Enter pin,

5. Input your email address

6. And save, that's all.

If someone wants to change it, WhatsApp will ask for the Two-step verification and without it the account won't open.

Let's be cautious and safe. It cost you nothing to safeguard your privacy.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Olayinka777(m): 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Oga started cursing me.

That's their style,once they don't succeed in scamming their victim, the next thing they do is resort to abuses/curses & act so aggressively as if it's their right to scam u.

2 Likes

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Discombulator: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is gbajue not hacking o jere
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Stillthebest: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
kiss
Educate! What would he then use the WhatsApp to do! To scam the contacts?
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Cyoung4real(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Even if succeeded, you can get your account back and whatsapp will log him off. Hacking Whatsapp is not easy when the owner still has the number unless the hacker went on to activate two steps authentication and if you keep on trying to register with your number, Whatsapp will ban it and you both will lose it entirely. So no gain for them unless they are hacking novice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tizeti Users, What Is Your Download Speed? / Latest Discovery: Speed Up Airtel 2g Downloading Speed (screenshot) / Best Phones With 6000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria (february 2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.