Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke (6864 Views)

Data Of 1.5 Billion Facebook Users On Sale At Hacker Forum / Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Zontage: 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
Others are busy doing meaningful things with their life and all this one could think of is to hack a Naija man whatsapp account.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by TUANKU(m): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
GoodBoi1:
To all those saying this is not hacking, not all hacks are technical. This is a form of hacking and it is called social engineering. You don't need much tech skill for this
Educate them please
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by bukatyne(f): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
mundus:
I just had an interesting conversation with a Whatsapp hacker this evening.

The guy called and asked me if I was in the “Support Tinubu” Whatsapp group. I said no, he mentioned two other group names and I finally claimed to be in one.

He asked what network I was using and I said MTN, he told me he’s the group admin and that’s he’s giving everyone in the group 3,000 airtime. However, he will need to authenticate that I am an actual member of the group.

While still on the call, my phone beeped! Oga has requested for change of Whatsapp number and they had sent me the verification code to authenticate that. Oga asked me to call out the code, I called a wrong one, it didn’t work, he did the request again and Whatsapp sent another code, he asked of it and I called the wrong one again.

Oga was now getting frustrated. That I will lose the 3,000 airtime if I don’t get the number right the next time. Oga requested again and they sent yet another code. As usual I called out a wrong number. You need to see me arguing that the code was actually what Whatsapp sent. Oga started cursing me. I didn’t hesitate to curse him back. �

I feel fulfilled that Oga wasted at least N50 on me this evening �.

If I fall for this kind of hack then I should be ashamed of myself. FUTO will have to refund me the school fees I paid for five years. This is the most basic form of social engineering and only those who are naive, ignorant and greedy should fall for it.

Anything that has to do with verification codes, OTP, PINS and passwords are for your USE only. Under no circumstances should you give it out, not even in the face of a potential 10 million naira winning �. You will lose your account.

Stay woke and enable 2factor authentication on all your accounts.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk tonight.

(c) http://mundus.ng/whatsapp-hack-my-experience/

Often times, fraudsters work on the greed and naiveness of their victims.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by bukatyne(f): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
dammylarey:
Hello everyone,

With the prevalence of hackers on groups, they hacked my group already and I mailed whatsapp but they couldn't help me out...�
we need to quickly address this issue before it get out of hand.

Hackers now hack WhatsApp Accounts and exploit people on your list and give them fake news.

They act on your integrity.
They'll change your phone number to theirs and replace you in whatsoever group you belong.

In order to prevent such a thing from happening to you because only God knows who the next victim will be.

*Follow these steps:*

1. Go to settings on your WhatsApp,

2. Click on Account,

3. Click on Two- step verification,

4. Enter pin,

5. Input your email address

6. And save, that's all.

If someone wants to change it, WhatsApp will ask for the Two-step verification and without it the account won't open.

Let's be cautious and safe. It cost you nothing to safeguard your privacy.

Thanks.

Thank you, this is very helpful.
Re: An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke by Sofiaaz: 5:28am On Mar 08
A Credible Hacker

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets? / Latest Discovery: Speed Up Airtel 2g Downloading Speed (screenshot) / Transferring Sms From One Android Phone (tecno) To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.