Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) (25024 Views)

Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC / HURIWA Faults Umahi Over Attacks On PDP Leaders / ‘We won’t join you in APC’ — Ebonyi lawmakers tackle Umahi over defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by solmus: 10:21am On Feb 07, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
Having the time of your life, trolling from thread to thread, right? undecided

Keep up the 'good' work.

thanks mate, the "Good" work continues
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Sammarshall(f): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2020
Wisdomkosi:
EBSU Students Appreciate Gov. Umahi Over Construction Of Road Leading To The Institution (Photos)

The students of Ebonyi State University, on Thursday, applauded Governor David Nweze Umahi over the construction of road leading to the institution on concrete pavement.

The students appreciated Governor Umahi for the quality of work being done on the road.

In a statement made available to Igbere TV on Thursday, Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Francis Nwaze said it is the major road linking Abakaliki-Ishieke-Enugu old road.

According to him, "It was hitherto a death trap to users and a heartache to students plying it as it was filled with potholes."

"Recall that Governor David Umahi had few months ago, during his campaign for second tenure promised to construct the road to the standard that will make it to last beyond 50 years."

"Truth is, his promise was never to make it a double lane but as the construction goes on, the entire people of the affected communities were thrown into surprise as they discovered that the road is not just made with 8 inches concrete pavement but also dualized thereby, making way for free movement of the road users."

"The most affected people on this development apart from the Ishieke community are the Ebonyi State University students who access their main campus, market and residence through the road."

"Some students during our visit to the construction site appreciated and thanked Gov. Umahi for the quality of work being done on the road."

"Indeed, we are proud to say that we have a brand new Ebonyi State."

SEE ROAD - SEE QUALITY

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1337120/ebsu-students-appreciate-gov-umahi-construction-road-leading-institution-concretephotos/

I’m not from Ebony State but I can confirm to you that this information is 101% correct.

Honestly, sometimes I use to wonder, if is the same allocations that are given to Engr Davi that are given to other states because the quality of roads that he’s building in Ebony State is not cheap.

This one is not someone told me, I witnessed it first hand. This man is using concrete stones, cement, rods etc to build what we can call ordinary road. I was in Ebony State in 2018 and he was building one road close to where I was living. When ever am passing there, I don’t believe what I see with my eyes.

I wish all our leaders can copy this man, and when he finish he’s tenure, he can win presidential or be federal minister of works.

I pray to God to continue to bless him.
Because of him, am proud to say Igbos are lucky sometimes.

5 Likes

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Samolajube(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2020
Shey dem first do concrete work for the road? Even America road no thick reach this one..
........nice one gomina!!!!

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2020
larryking540:

Really ..
While I am pikin of the soil ...
Hope you don't mind if I email/pm you

You're welcome.
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 10:34am On Feb 07, 2020
okenwaa:

Rain ke

Are you blind to see that the road was casted.....my friend that's raw concrete you're seeing there. The more water and sun touches it, the stronger it becomes.

And about the drainage system, that's what he does first before starting any road construction. He's a sound civil engineer that supervises all state projects by himself......not like the olodo who knows nothing about construction that you concurred to his post.

Children of hate!!

^^^
undecided

Your language is harsh and uncalled for. Was there a feud before now?

The fellow you quoted has asked some valid (to us laymen at least) questions. The pictures show that there are drainage channels on the sides of the road - good to see that this was done. But what of the middle of the road? If there is no drainage in the seperation/divider between the concrete carriageways, what happens over the long term as rainwater and debris collects there?

The civil engineers here should chime in.

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by igwefivestar(m): 10:39am On Feb 07, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Why should he be appreciated?? It is his responsibility to do dat!!
and it is ur gov responsibility to loot abi?

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by illiteratepmb: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
You can imagine what Ebonyi governor is doing with the little allocation they get unlike that Buffon in Abia that is receiving 13% additional yet unable to construct a single flyover...is Abia cursed or what, I can't just seem to get it...can someone from elsewhere come and rule Abia even if it's for a year lipsrsealed
ABIA IS CURSED.
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Prompto: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2020
Is that the way your bigoted self have been encouring the like of Arege Fashola Tinubu whom Umahi will never achieve 1/10 of what they achieved as governors?
uchman:

Yes it's his duty to do it but in this country of ours,
his predecessors did not do it...

Nothing stops us to encourage who is doing the right thing...
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by okenwaa(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
undecided

The fellow you quoted has asked some valid (to us laymen at least) questions. The pictures show that there are drainage channels on the sides of the road - good to see that this was done. But what of the middle of the road? If there is no drainage in the seperation/divider between the concrete carriageways, what happens over the long term as rainwater and debris collects there?

I'm Sorry if you find my choice of words a bit harsh, was just in my playful mood....

As for the middle that divided the road, no worry yourself cus he would want to plant flowers or tees there first before constructing the road divider and lighting the place up. Like I said earlier, he supervises his projects by himself and is not the type that abandons any halfway.

2 Likes

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by PopeFlatino(m): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2020
I wish I can post videos here,,I went to abakiliki earlier last month and recorded various parts of it on video both in d day and night....Those guys are blessed to have Umahi
post=86445744:

That is quite impressive.
This is what we want from other governors all over the nation.

2 Likes

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Reference(m): 11:26am On Feb 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
You can imagine what Ebonyi governor is doing with the little allocation they get unlike that Buffon in Abia that is receiving 13% additional yet unable to construct a single flyover...is Abia cursed or what, I can't just seem to get it...can someone from elsewhere come and rule Abia even if it's for a year lipsrsealed

The flyover at Osisioma abi.... grin One pillar per year.... chai Abia state... democratic Bermuda triangle.

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by mechanics(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Niger State governor should emulate him.
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Reference(m): 11:32am On Feb 07, 2020
hybrid77:
I know most of you would think Unahi does Audio projects

If you ever enter Abakaliki at night, u may think its Europe..

He has transformed his village in no time..

He is currently dualizing the road here and building a med sch here

The guy is currently, in my opinion, the best governor in nigeria

That is what it means to appoint a technocrat to office.
A technocrat will get better milage out of resources. If it was a doctor, pastor or career politician handli g those projects yoi can be they will cost 3 times more at the very least and probably be 3 times poorer in quality.

Ordinarily people should vote for performance. Vote people who know stuff. Make our democracy a cerebral one. Leadership of thought, wisdom and mental acumen not one of sentiment.
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Ezeromeoil01(m): 11:44am On Feb 07, 2020
You are right brother Gov Dave is a man of its words am going back home to establish myself now that we have good roads Kudos
hybrid77:
I know most of you would think Umahi does Audio projects

If you ever enter Abakaliki at night, u may think its Europe..

He has transformed his village in no time..

He is currently dualizing the road here and building a med sch here

The guy is currently, in my opinion, the best governor in nigeria
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Ezeromeoil01(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Ask am bro[b][/b]
igwefivestar:
and it is ur gov responsibility to loot abi?
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by uchman(m): 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Prompto:
Is that the way your bigoted self have been encouring the like of Arege Fashola Tinubu whom Umahi will never achieve 1/10 of what they achieved as governors?

Brother,
You are not the one to tell me who do the right thing,
I am a Nigerian was born in Nigeria, have been seeing all happening here...
For now,
I have not sold my right to any politician for a bag of rice or something related,
that means I'm still free to say the truth.

If you are quoting me with the mindset of arguing politically,
Am sorry,
I am not into politics and I dont support any party but individual.

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by SctDonald(m): 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Ebonyi state.The only state in the South were the poverty level is more than 50%.Not surprised it is an ipob state; those people are dragging us backwards.
your comment is in line with or correspond to your name..
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Priwillo: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

SE is cursed. Ikpeazu doesn't see the potential in Aba. He can cash out big time if he focuses on aba more
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by professore(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Is Ebonyi state good for NYSC service in terms of security, friendliness and low cost of living pls?
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by larryking540: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sijo01:

You're welcome.
I just sent u an email and can hit me back
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by ugwuja10: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
steve you are right the way and manner people praise this people seem as if the moni used belong to them...
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Dmayor1T: 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kudos to him His Excellency the Gov. I salute u sir
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
okenwaa:

I'm Sorry if you find my choice of words a bit harsh, was just in my playful mood....

As for the middle that divided the road, no worry yourself cus he would want to plant flowers or tees there first before constructing the road divider and lighting the place up. Like I said earlier, he supervises his projects by himself and is not the type that abandons any halfway.

^^^
Oh. I'm glad to hear there's no ill will between you and the other fellow.

I'm still not sure about the road divider and its purpose though. If it was indeed designed for greening - it certainly doesn't look very deep. The roots of any flowers or trees planted there will struggle for nourishment. I would like to see what it looks like a few years from now. I just hope it won't be left the way it is.

I don't know much about EBS governor Umahi and quite a number of other governors across the country. Those on the ground should inform the rest of us about how they perform.

Peace.
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Reference:

A technocrat will get better milage out of resources. If it was a doctor, pastor or career politician handli g those projects yoi can be they will cost 3 times more at the very least and probably be 3 times poorer in quality.

^^^
Some would find this controversial. Provocative even. Physicians are a proud bunch and do not take
kindly to put downs.

I have nothing to say about clerics and career politicians. cheesy

But your argument is an interesting one. And who's a technocrat anyway? Does that group include lawyers, accountants and economists? Or is it just civil engineers and perhaps architects?
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by DJInfluence: 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

You're not an engineer and u know nothing, that's where the road divider is tongue
No am not. But at least i have that common sense that is obviously not very common grin
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Uncleodi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
undecided

The opening at the middle is a pouch where cables will be laid for street lights, also for the infusion of manure wherein flowers will be planted.

This road can last more than 50 years in my opinion.

It is very solid!

The next governor of Ebonyi State will have less work to do after just maintaining the existing infrastructures.

May God bless Dave Umahi

2 Likes

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Baroba(m): 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Atimes like this I just wish Ebonyi was still with Enugu state, the we might not have missed out on folks such as Dave Umahi.

The fat rotund clueless buffoon Ugwuanyi have managed to turn a once enviable state, Enugu - into a cesspit of filth and disorderliness..God bless Ebonyi State, pride of the East..

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
This current Ebonyi Governor and former Enugu Governor, Justice Sullivan always trip me.

These are GOOD men in government, not our usual politicians.

If leaders use the public funds for the people, nobody will complain.

1 Like

Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Splashme: 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
Excellent
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Ukalu381(m): 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ebsu foolish students can't even protest for the increase in school
Re: EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) by Ukalu381(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
professore:
Is Ebonyi state good for NYSC service in terms of security, friendliness and low cost of living pls?
Nope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha: South South Governor, Emir Ensured My Release From EFCC Custody / Peter Obi: Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho More Popular Than All Politicians In The South / Community Chases INEC Officials In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.