Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Didn’t Appoint 118-yr-old As Special Adviser, Says Bayelsa LG Vice Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Appoint 118-yr-old As Special Adviser, Says Bayelsa LG Vice Chair (241 Views)

Omonigbalebo Orogono: 118-Year-Old Woman Appointed As Special Adviser In Bayelsa / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' / Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Appoint 118-yr-old As Special Adviser, Says Bayelsa LG Vice Chair by Lekison(m): 6:37am On Feb 07, 2020
Vice Chairman of Kolokuma/Opukuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, Mr. Brian Alagha, has denied media reports that he appointed a 118 years old elderly woman as his special adviser.

In a statement by an aide to the council’s Vice Chairman, Mr Woyeingidipamo Victor, in Yenagoa, he said the vice chairman never appointed Ma Dani Orogono as his special adviser, but included her in his empowerment scheme with monthly stipend, which he uses in supporting aged men and women in the council.

He said: “The attention of of the Vice Chairman of Kolokuma Opokuma council in Bayelsa State has been drawn to some misconceptions been circulated in the media about a recent inclusion of a senior citizen of the state in the special scheme for the elderly.

“We will like to state clearly that Ma Orogono was not appointed, but was included as a beneficiary of the scheme which is part of the Vice Chairman’s programme to cater for the elderly and in line with the Ijaw traditions of giving honour to the oldest person in a community.

“Secondly, the letter that is in circulation was not duly signed by the Vice Chairman, who ought to sign such appointment letter. The old woman in question can barely walk or talk and her inclusion was to enable her benefit from the monthly stipends.

“Furthermore, this is not the first time the person of the Vice Chairman has reached out to the elderly, widows, youths and children of the council as there are periodical engagements in terms of empowerment programmes for women and widows where they are encouraged to go into small and medium scale businesses.

“Finally, we will like to let everyone know that there are several beneficiaries of the special scheme for the elderly and that everyone deserves equal opportunity no matter the age as this is the problem with our society when it concerns the old. They deserve love, respect and honour.”

Vanguard
Re: I Didn’t Appoint 118-yr-old As Special Adviser, Says Bayelsa LG Vice Chair by Citytrend: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2020
I was shocked when I first heard that
Re: I Didn’t Appoint 118-yr-old As Special Adviser, Says Bayelsa LG Vice Chair by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2020
And some mumus were raining curses on him in the former thread. I doubted it, cos there was no Sense in it.

We just pass information anyhow In this country without verification. One of the reasons why I support the hate speech bill to regulate informations.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Revamping Of Eastern Ports: Hon. Okwudili Ezenwankwo Lauds Fg / Kogi PDP Primary Tussle / Crack In Buhari’s Team As NSA Accuses Kyari Of Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.