Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. (3720 Views)

Obanikoro, Muazu, Others To Be Extradited Back To Nigeria / Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ibori to be extradited to the U.K.

I just heard about ten minutes ago from inspiration news fm that former Delta state Governor, James Onanefe Ibori is to be extradited to the U.k. from Dubai to face trials on charges of money laundering and credit card fraud among others.

fellow nairalanders. . . whats your opinion on Ibori's fate. . . . what lessons to be learnt?
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by edoyad(m): 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
Piece meal success but still success all the same.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by vorosmartm(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
Somebody Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the Lord Again! grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by otokx(m): 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
I'm reserving my jubilation until the whole drama comes to an end.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
i hope this serves as deterrent to prospective politicians that may want to loot.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by JudgeDredd: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2010
He'll prolly get a slap on the wrist compared to the ills he's done, but its still a step in the right direction.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2010
If he gets sent to Belmarsh Prison in UK, I know people, who know people, that know people that want to fuk him up. Praise da lord lol.

(The above post may be an exaggeration)
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
chrisbenogor is running around and doing a remix of the stanky-alanta dance yay yay yay
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
Na wah.

I bet you this guy never thought this day was possible, never really crossed his mind. So whats happening to all the vultures that were circulating around this thief and feeding off scraps.

So what would become of his kids? mama and papa dey jail, what would they be told? It messes them up big time
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by blacksta(m): 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2010
sochan:

Na wah.

I bet you this guy never thought this day was possible, never really crossed his mind. So whats happening to all the vultures that were circulating around this thief and feeding off scraps.

So what would become of his kids? mama and papa dey jail, what would they be told? It messes them up big time

You know the saying - the sins of the father - mama and pikin go chop inside too
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2010
blacksta:

You know the saying - the sins of the father - mama and pikin go chop inside too

Do we know if she get old enough daughter? This na the time to befriend them and take all the money they may have left. lol.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Ibime(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ibori is a dead man.

If his wife can cop 5 years, he better prepare himself for 10 years in Wormwood Scrubs at least.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2010
@Ibime,

You know say na scrubs im dey go. No be small thing im eye go see for dere. proper mot with rear service
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Epiphany(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
ElRazur:

If he gets sent to Belmarsh Prison in UK, I know people, who know people, that know people that want to fuk him up. Praise da lord lol.

(The above post may be an exaggeration)

Please, i beg you. . . i dey beg you seriously o, kindly find someone that knows someone, that knows someone. We need to set some of those prison boys on Ibori. A beating or two here and there should do him some good. Lolllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
JudgeDredd:

He'll prolly get a slap on the wrist compared to the ills he's done, but its still a step in the right direction.

My brother , hope you know he will be tried and sentenced int the UK and not Nigeria? He is looking at serious jail-time , as the kingpin and main beneficiary,  if the sentences his co-defendants recieved are anything to go by.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ibime:

Ibori is a dead man.

If his wife can cop 5 years, he better prepare himself for 10 years in Wormwood Scrubs at least.

The scrub is a cat B prison. Ibori in my opinion will most likely flee if the chance comes up. I will prefer him in a cat A prison like belmarsh.

Epiphany:

Please, i beg you. . . i dey beg you seriously o, kindly find someone that knows someone, that knows someone. We need to set some of those prison boys on Ibori. A beating or two here and there should do him some good. Lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lol. Quite a few naijans in some of the prisons here. So he may get the beating if some one recognises him.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Ibime(m): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2010
Hmmmm. . .ElRazur, shebi you get experience for HMP?

Yes, Belmarsh would suit properly whilst his wife is lounging in Holloway womens prison.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2010
Lwkmd. Yes o, but only to follow greet/visit someone. I am not THAT bad.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by desgiezd(m): 3:26pm On Dec 13, 2010
The guy is gone and the prison has been waiting for him even before he became the governor of Delta State, he wont be lonely though, his wife, elder sister and mistress are all there waiting to receive him.

Goodbye Ibori, its a pity that those who have ears would have to learn from your own experience!
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
So Belmash it is. He will definitely get rear service there, and that will suit him nicely.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2010
I would not be suprised if Uduaghan is nabbed on his way to see his daughter in Canada. He was fingered in this case and wanted for serious questioning and possible prosecution.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
Come to think of it. 5 years is only 2.5 years. If ibori gets 10, then that's 5.5years. Heck, he may be a good boy inside and get released like say 4.9years. I just pray he gets a long time that average 6 or 7 years. At least one of the offence against him carries maximum of 10years or so.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ibori will get a very string sentence. even if it is 10yrs then 5 for parole, he will then be certrified ex-con, be deported from the UK, a nd probably not allowed in for upto 10yrs. This will probably affect his ability to visit the West It is not going to be easy for him.

As for his wife, disgraced in everyway. Supossing that what she is saying is true, and she ans Ibori have not met since 2003, a doubt she will be returning back as his wife. She is going to be dumped as an old rag.

The whole thing is not looking good for the Ibori empire, however the total destruction must be completed with the Jailing of the Short ugly Thief Uduaghan
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by desgiezd(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
sochan:

I would not be suprised if Uduaghan is nabbed on his way to see his daughter in Canada. He was manipulated in this case and wanted for serious questioning and possible prosecution.

Just as Nkoyo was arrested in France on her way to Nigeria after cleverly avoiding Britain but she wasn't smart enough!
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by r231(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
He should not waste anybody's time, including his, by appealing. The sooner the clock of his jail term starts ticking, the better for him
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Come to think of it. 5 years is only 2.5 years. If ibori gets 10, then that's 5.5years. Heck, he may be a good boy inside and get released like say 4.9years.   I just pray he gets a long time that average 6 or 7 years. At least one of the offence against him carries maximum of 10years or so.

Ibori , unless sentencing laws have changed , will do half the jail time only if his sentence is 4 years or less . Anything over 4 years means he will be incarcerated for 3/4 of the entire sentence. If , for example, Ibori gets 5 years (or 60 months) he will be in prison for 3 years and 4 months (or 40 months) and not 2.5 years (or 30 months).
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by kcjazz(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
So maybe now the real Onanefe will be going to jail. I hope in 2030 he won't show up and say this is his twin brother. grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Ibori , unless sentencing laws have changed , will do half the jail time only if his sentence is 4 years or less . Anything over 4 years means he will be incarcerated for 3/4 of the entire sentence. If , for example, Ibori gets 5 years (or 60 months) he will be in prison for 3 years and 4 months (or 40 months) and not 2.5 years (or 30 months).

Oh really? Me I no know that one. Good news all the same.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Oh really? Me I no know that one. Good news all the same.

Reassuring to know you are not aware of sentencing laws because , unless you are a lawyer or interested in the law,  it is mainly ex-cons who know sentencing laws in detail.  grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ElRazur: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Reassuring to know you are not aware of sentencing laws because , unless you are a lawyer or interested in the law,  it is mainly ex-cons who know sentencing laws in detail.  grin grin grin

Lwkmd.

E be like say you get experience abi?

Lol@you and ibime suspecting me. I be good boy o. grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
It is now Uduaghans turn. The searchlight will be pointed in his direction, I am almost certain they will nab him once he passes through Europe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. / Ten Facts That Will Help You Understand Israel-gaza Conflict / When The HUNTER Becomes The HUNTED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.