Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary (2479 Views)

Evangelist Ebuka Óbị To Move Ihe Church From Lagos To The East / Reactions As Akeredolu Pays January Salary In June / CAN Hails El-rufai’s Decision To Save 110-year Kaduna Church From Demolition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
My sister and her husband are redeem Church members they’ve successfully submitted their first fruits their Bank account now overdrawn and they’ve resulted in begging to sustain theirselves.

Okada and Keke banned no means of getting to work. Frustration and and anxiety is rising.

Nigeria government should rise to this issue there is no where in the Bible that mandate Christians to submit their January earning to the pastor.

What can we do to stop this nonsense by Nigerian churches

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin Them no force them do am now grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by realstars: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
What is my business to stop anyone to save God in his or her own way, it is not by force to do so.
Jesus once told a man to sell all he has to follow him, but the young man was ashamed.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by HappyPagan: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin Them no force them do am now grin
If Dem force Dem do am, na armed roberry we go call am..

But where guile and craft is used, to fool a man to give over what he holds for that which he wishes for in his heart, that's a scam my dear..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Rekyz(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
Coman drag us to go and take the money back na. Na we send your mumu sister work?
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by aremuforlife(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
All man for himself,
They are preparing for a greater blessing in heaven.
They don't want any earthly blessing, their pastor is ok to wealthy on earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rekyz:
Coman drag us to go and take the money back na. Na we send your mumu sister work?

mogbe
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by HappyPagan: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rekyz:
I guess it's easier to pay first fruits, than it is to bear Christian fruits - like a sound mind, and thoughtful words, even when you disagree with others...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by garetz: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
This first fruit of a thing is a scam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Jobabori(m): 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Why is it the OP's headache. Are you the one paying?.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by etebefia: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Nobody forced them, mugu fall, guyman laugh.

1 Like

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by mu2sa2: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Every right thinking person knows that this first fruit thing of forfeiting one's January salary is a scam. The churches that are not imposing this hardship should come out and unequivocally condemn it. Perhaps when prominent christians come down on the fraudulent collectors, the gullible followers will come to their senses. Which kind of mental slavery will make a man and wife surrender their January salaries just like that only to resort to debt and begging to survive. Kai, some people are terribly wicked - the pastors will be gloating over the largess and be watching the hapless followers wallow in anguish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:
My sister and her husband are redeem Church members they’ve successfully submitted their first fruits their Bank account now overdrawn and they’ve resulted in begging to sustain theirselves.

Okada and Keke banned no means of getting to work. Frustration and and anxiety is rising.

Nigeria government should rise to this issue there is no where in the Bible that mandate Christians to submit their January earning to the pastor.

You have lost your sister and her husband, please accept my sympathies.

1 Like

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Charleys: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
Is Lagos State replacing Israel as new place of pilgrimage to all christians?

Why don't christians go to Israel anymore?
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by GreyLaw(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:

You sound sympathetic to their plight, but I can smell your hypocrisy from a distance away.

People burn their salary on girls, clubs, gambling, etc... How many times did you speak about that? Someone decided to give his to a church voluntarily how is that your business? If he goes hungry and God doesn't provide for him then next time he would learn and teach others also. Why bear his cross on your head?

Some of you don't understand the kind of spirit you have and what is pushing you to write the nonsense you write on social media. You cannot even fight your politicians raping your country blind and all your venom is poured out against the church. The man did what he felt is written in his Bible, and you are here wasting your time.

People blow up themselves and die for their religion, others give their money to the poor and needy and to their church. What is your business again with that? He didn't blow himself up. He gave his money. What again is your pain here?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by bigiyaro(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
op, sorry there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Blizzy9ja: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
I always tell people to stick with what works for them... stop complaining for them

I personally don't believe in Tithe and First fruit but I won't condemn or lash out on those that believe innit.

I hope you find peace and stop poking your nose
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by maslong(m): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:

My pastor at the same redeeem told us same thing but, I and my house don't give my hard earned kobo to those criminals .

3 Likes

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
maslong:

My pastor at the same redeeem told us same thing but, I and my house don't give my hard earned kobo to those criminals .

Eyin ti gbon niyen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
Blizzy9ja:
I always tell people to stick with what works for them... stop complaining for them

I personally don't believe in Tithe and First fruit but I won't condemn or lash out on those that believe innit.

I hope you find peace and stop poking your nose
the burden always fall on me because i can’t watch her suffer and she won’t listen
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by maslong(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
GreyLaw:

You sound sympathetic to their plight, but I can smell your hypocrisy from a distance away.

People burn their salary on girls, clubs, gambling, etc... How many times did you speak about that? Someone decided to give his to a church voluntarily how is that your business? If he goes hungry and God doesn't provide for him then next time he would learn and teach others also. Why bear his cross on your head?

Some of you don't understand the kind of spirit you have and what is pushing you to write the nonsense you write on social media. You cannot even fight your politicians raping your country blind and all your venom is poured out against the church. The man did what he felt is written in his Bible, and you are here wasting your time.

People blow up themselves and die for their religion, others give their money to the poor and needy and to their church. What is your business again with that? He didn't blow himself up. He gave his money. What again is your pain here?

You sound like one of them chopping peoples sweat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by maslong(m): 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:

Eyin ti gbon niyen
meaning please, I am not a Yoruba.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
GreyLaw:

It would be difficult to believe that the pastors are now grooming their Church members to the level of frustration that would make them blow theirselves up Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Optional09: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
maslong:

meaning please, I am not a Yoruba.
meaning you’re wise
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by omoharry(f): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:

As long as the church did not put a gun in their head for them to empty their bank account for thier first fruit, then I no reason calling on the Govt/police/EFCC to get involved in their personal affair/decision as regard their religious belief. Christianity is a personal race. Why don't you Leave them alone, They are adult and should decide how they choose to live their lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by solmus: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
cool

abeg O.P shouldnt spoil another mans hustle, pastors kids need the money , way back in Uni days Pastors kids ball harder than Yahoo boys, and the best past is they are legit

1 Like

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
Optional09:

I don't usually step in when 2 FOOLS get married to each other.
The ONLY FEAR I have is that they will also bear KIDS who will be trained FOOLISHLY.

Were they ROBBED at GUNPOINT..?

No MONEY given to any CHURCH is an INVESTMENT.
But if you visit your COMMUNITY and PICK UP a Child and train..... U have just saved a BULLET from yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
My mom almost fell prey.... I convinced her not to

1 Like

Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Emmanuella7(f): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
It's a seed of faith, I have heard testimonies of people that it had worked positively for and besides you're not forced to do it.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
ProfDview:
My mom almost fell prey.... I convinced her not to
I'm not Surprised.
It was easier for the SERPENT to approach EVE than ADAM.

MOST LADIES do not generate sense on their own.
They can only do so, when they respectfully cleave to MEN ladened with WISDOM.
Re: Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary by macof(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
GreyLaw:

Pain pastor sighted cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangers Of Eating SEMOLINA, Please Stop Eating / American Hostage Rescued In Northern Nigeria By SEAL Team 6 In Daring Raid / I Foresee The Death Of President Buhari, Nigerians Should Pray For Him- Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.