Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) (9408 Views)

Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him / Ruling On Swearing On The Mushaf And The Expiation For Breaking Such An Oath / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by midolian(m): 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
TheOutlaw:
The problem is that even in the koran Allah himself swears on Muhammad's life. Allah also swears on a multitude of other things in the koran

Verily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. Sura 15:72 Y. Ali

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom Sura 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks Sura 37:1

Suad, I swear by the Quran, full of admonition. S. 38:1

I swear by the Book that makes things clear: S. 43:2

I swear by the Book that makes manifest (the truth). S. 44:2

Qaf. I swear by the glorious Quran (that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah) S. 50:1

I swear by the wind that scatters far and wide, S. 51:1

I swear by the heaven full of ways. S. 51:7

I swear by the Mountain, S. 52:1

I swear by the star when it goes down. S. 53:1

But nay! I swear by the falling of stars; S. 56:75

Noon. I swear by the pen and what the angels write, S. 68:1

But nay! I swear by that which you see, S. 69:38

Nay; I swear by the moon, S. 74:32

Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection. Nay, I swear by the self accusing soul, that the Day of Judgment is a certainty. S. 75:1-2

I swear by the emissary winds, sent one after another (for men's benefit), S. 77:1

Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation, S. 77:5

I swear by the angels who violently pull out the souls of the wicked, S. 79:1

But nay! I swear by the stars, S. 81:15

But nay! I swear by the sunset redness, S. 84:16

I swear by the mansions of the stars, S. 85:1
Yes, because He created all of these things.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AbuTwins: 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2020
fortran12:

What of allah swearing by pen (sura 68 vs 1) sun, moon etc. You can only swear by somethin greater than you.

Allah can swear by anything He wills to swear by!

We swear by Allah's name only!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
AbuTwins:

Allah can swear by anything He wills to swear by!

We swear by Allah's name only!
The idea of. Swearing is that like you are answerable to what you swear by, which is my they ask for your religion in court so you swear to tell the truth.
So Allah swearing by his creation makes no sense. How can pen or noon hold him accountable?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by moufan: 9:26am On Feb 15, 2020
nice one op, jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by najib632(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
TheOutlaw:
The problem is that even in the koran Allah himself swears on Muhammad's life. Allah also swears on a multitude of other things in the koran

Verily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. Sura 15:72 Y. Ali

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom Sura 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks Sura 37:1

Qaf. I swear by the glorious Quran (that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah) S. 50:1

Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection. Nay, I swear by the self accusing soul, that the Day of Judgment is a certainty. S. 75:1-2

I swear by the emissary winds, sent one after another (for men's benefit), S. 77:1

Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation, S. 77:5

I swear by the angels who violently pull out the souls of the wicked, S. 79:1

But nay! I swear by the stars, S. 81:15

But nay! I swear by the sunset redness, S. 84:16

I swear by the mansions of the stars, S. 85:1
Anything Allah swears by means that it is a very serious matter and not to be joked with.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by najib632(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
ContractKiller:
[img]https://images./2GJQMiAteAOKJ6YayWdBV0.jpg[/img]
Anything that Allah swears by is not to be joked with, Which means Allah holds them in high regard and so should every Muslim.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by ContractKiller: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
An oath can only be sworn on something greater than yourself. So I if I swear an oath, I invoke God. Are you now saying that the star is allah's god? Is that why there is moon and star in the symbol of islam?

najib632:
Anything that Allah swears by is not to be joked with, Which means Allah holds them in high regard and so should every Muslim.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by najib632(m): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
ContractKiller:
An oath can only be sworn on something greater than yourself. So I if I swear an oath, I invoke God. Are you now saying that the star is allah's god? Is that why there is moon and star in the symbol of islam?

... I don't know how to explain it better to you than this after this I give up:
Allah swore by those things because He put the signs of His majesty in them than many of His other creations so He takes them seriously. Not what you're saying.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by ContractKiller: 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
When you swear on something or someone you acknowledge the divinity or superiority of that thing. Which is why whenever we swear an oath we conclude it by saying "So Help Me God"

I, najib632 Do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, So help me God

It is your invocation of God in the oath that is its most important element. So when allah swears by a mountain, the moon, the stars etc, that means that allah's is invoking these objects in the same way that muslims invoke him. That is a very strange behaviour which no one would expect from a god.

najib632:
... I don't know how to explain it better to you than this after this I give up:
Allah swore by those things because He put the signs of His majesty in them than many of His other creations so He takes them seriously. Not what you're saying.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by najib632(m): 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
ContractKiller:
When you swear on something or someone you acknowledge the divinity or superiority of that thing. Which is why whenever we swear an oath we conclude it by saying "So Help Me God"

I, najib632 Do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, So help me God

It is your invocation of God in the oath that is its most important element. So when allah swears by a mountain, the moon, the stars etc, that means that allah's is invoking these objects in the same way that muslims invoke him. That is a very strange behaviour which no one would expect from a god.

Torh, I have tried...
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AbuTwins: 8:35am On Feb 21, 2020
fortran12:

The idea of. Swearing is that like you are answerable to what you swear by, which is my they ask for your religion in court so you swear to tell the truth.
So Allah swearing by his creation makes no sense. How can pen or noon hold him accountable?

Don't waste your time on my mention. I won't stoop so low to be arguing with you! If your God can't do whatever He will, Ours does whatever He wills. He deems it fit to swear by His creations while he forbids us swearing by anyone except by Him.

Bye.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 9:22am On Feb 21, 2020
AbuTwins:

Don't waste your time on my mention. I won't stoop so low to be arguing with you! If your God can't do whatever He will, Ours does whatever He wills. He deems it fit to swear by His creations while he forbids us swearing by anyone except by Him.

Bye.

Because your argument holds no logic, your quran contradicts all what you claim. You are free to run as like most of your ilk do.
You now claim God can do what ever he wills, but according to your quran allah needs a wife to have a child
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2020
fortran12:

Because your argument holds no logic, your quran contradicts all what you claim. You are free to run as like most of your ilk do.
You now claim God can do what ever he wills, but according to your quran allah needs a wife to have a child

Your God can die but the Muslim's God can't swear by whatever He wishes to swear by abi?

What did he claim?

how does the Qur'an contradict it?

Thread is about swearing so do not digress!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 9:53am On Feb 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

Your God can die but the Muslim's God can't swear by whatever He wishes to swear by abi?

What did he claim?

how does the Qur'an contradict it?

Thread is about swearing so do not digress!

The logic of Swearing is to make what ever you swear by hold you accountable, that is why people swear by sacred things or a higher power. The person who swears by somethin lesser than himself is lying. If allah is swearing by things that have no power over him, its means he is either lying or those things are greater than him.
This is simple logic. I hope you understand.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
fortran12:

The logic of Swearing is to make what ever you swear by hold you accountable, that is why people swear by sacred things or a higher power. The person who swears by somethin lesser than himself is lying. If allah is swearing by things that have no power over him, its means he is either lying or those things are greater than him.
This is simple logic. I hope you understand.

Which Qur'an verse is that logic of swearing found? Bro! Use your number 9 na!

Or is the logic of swearing found in the Bible?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

Which Qur'an verse is that logic of swearing found? Bro! Use your number 9 na!

Or is the logic of swearing found in the Bible?

Swearing is not a biblical word. It's a normal thing people do. Any it shows your Allah is lying.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
fortran12:

Swearing is not a biblical word. It's a normal thing people do. Any it shows your Allah is lying.

You are bringing in swearing as ordinary people swear to swearing in Islam!

See your ignorance and arrogance!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

You are bringing in swearing as ordinary people swear to swearing in Islam!

See your ignorance and arrogance!
Swearing is swearing your god was outright lying
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
fortran12:

Swearing is swearing your god was outright lying

Your God can't swear right? Is that the only thing he can't do?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 12:03am On Feb 25, 2020
AntiChristian:

Your God can't swear right? Is that the only thing he can't do?

Deal with the error your god made, he was caught lying. placing an oath on something irrelevant like a pen, the moon, the sun. Imagine what sort of god is that!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 4:29am On Feb 25, 2020
fortran12:

Deal with the error your god made, he was caught lying. placing an oath on something irrelevant like a pen, the moon, the sun. Imagine what sort of god is that!

When your God Jesus took someone's donkey without permission was it a theft?

When your God was killed by his creation was it abnormal?

When your God dey drink colustrum and lactose from Mary was that abnormal?

It seems your God can do anything even cry or make wine for people's enjoyment.

So Allah does whatever He pleases! He is far above death or mixing with his creation or eating! This doesn't befit a God.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 11:05am On Feb 25, 2020
AntiChristian:

When your God Jesus took someone's donkey without permission was it a theft?

When your God was killed by his creation was it abnormal?

When your God dey drink colustrum and lactose from Mary was that abnormal?

It seems your God can do anything even cry or make wine for people's enjoyment.

So Allah does whatever He pleases! He is far above death or mixing with his creation or eating! This doesn't befit a God.

Pls stick to the topic, and do not go off on a tangent. Address how your god was caught lying
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
fortran12:

Pls stick to the topic, and do not go off on a tangent. Address how your god was caught lying

Where did He lie?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where did He lie?
Some one swearing by irrelevant things. Isn't his motive obvious?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 5:46am On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

Some one swearing by irrelevant things. Isn't his motive obvious?

One side question, have any of your parents/ Uncle's ever sweated before?

Does this mean that because they sweated they have a bad motive?

Enough of the exhibition of acute ignorance!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

One side question, have any of your parents/ Uncle's ever sweated before?

Does this mean that because they sweated they have a bad motive?

Enough of the exhibition of acute ignorance!

Your god was caught making an oath with an irrelevant thing. It means if he goes back on his oath, nothing will happen to him since what he is swearing by is inconsequential. Its like the president being sworn in with a piece of paper or a witness taking oath by his pencil to tell the truth in a court. Everyone will not trust such a person which means he could lie.
That is exactly what your god did and he was caught red handed.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

Your god was caught making an oath with an irrelevant thing. It means if he goes back on his oath, nothing will happen to him since what he is swearing by is inconsequential. Its like the president being sworn in with a piece of paper or a witness taking oath by his pencil to tell the truth in a court. Everyone will not trust such a person which means he could lie.
That is exactly what your god did and he was caught red handed.

Where is the oath he made?

Differentiate between swear and oath?

Are you saying when people swear in court the judge won't trust their statements?

#Ignoramus or Dingbat?
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

Are you saying when people swear in court the judge won't trust their statements?

#Ignoramus or Dingbat?

I only gave an instance of how it will be like if people swore by what they feel like. And that is what your god did. Admit he goofed.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

I only gave an instance of how it will be like if people swore by what they feel like. And that is what your god did. Admit he goofed.

Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

Let me help you.

An oath is a solemn promise involving a future course of action, usually invoking a divine overwatch, or in the presence of a witness. A swear is also a solemn promise, to make good on a future course of action, but it extends to affirming that a statement given previously, or about to be made, is true.Jan 6, 2018
https://www.quora.com › What-is-th...
What is the difference between oath and swear? - Quora
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

#Ignoramus or Dingbat?

Allahs Oaths? Swearing

erily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. S. 15:72 Y. Ali

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom S. 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks S. 37:1

Difference between the 2

An oath is a solemn promise involving a future course of action, usually invoking a divine overwatch, or in the presence of a witness. A swear is also a solemn promise, to make good on a future course of action, but it extends to affirming that a statement given previously, or about to be made, is true.Jan 6, 2018

www.quora.com › What-is-the-difference-between-oath-and-swear

I only gave an instance of what it will be like if people swear by what they feel like.

so your god goofed. Just accept
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

Allahs Oaths? Swearing

erily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. S. 15:72 Y. Ali

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom S. 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks S. 37:1

Difference between the 2

www.quora.com › What-is-the-difference-between-oath-and-swear

I only gave an instance of what it will be like if people swear by what they feel like.

so your god goofed. Just accept

grin You copied without sense! Now see your hypocrisy. See the contradictions in you and in your Bible:

1.Hebrews 6:13
13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself.

2. Amos 8:7 (RSV)
7 The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob: “Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.

Either Amos or the unknown writer of Hebrews is a liar! But i thought you said your Lord doesn't swear!

Is your Lord culpable of telling lies too? or it is only the Muslim God you are after?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Journey Through The Quran.... The Amazing Quran Season 2... / Seven Reasons To Read The Glorious Quran / Gawat Still Missing Four Months On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.