Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,107 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) (9711 Views)

Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him / Ruling On Swearing On The Mushaf And The Expiation For Breaking Such An Oath / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

Let me help you.

An oath is a solemn promise involving a future course of action, usually invoking a divine overwatch, or in the presence of a witness. A swear is also a solemn promise, to make good on a future course of action, but it extends to affirming that a statement given previously, or about to be made, is true.Jan 6, 2018
https://www.quora.com › What-is-th...
What is the difference between oath and swear? - Quora

Is this a oath or a swear?

cool

Amos 8:7 (RSV)
7 The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob: “Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

cool

7 The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob: “Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.

Our discussion is about allah. Let's focus on that then we move to another topic. If you notice despite all your attempts to derail the discussion I have stayed on topic. It's honorable to do the same. ResPond to my question
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
fortran12:

Our discussion is about allah. Let's focus on that then we move to another topic. If you notice despite all your attempts to derail the discussion I have stayed on topic. It's honorable to do the same. ResPond to my question

grin

See this fool! Now you see wetin pass your weight!

Better answer!

7The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob: “Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

grin

Better answer!

7The Lord has sworn by the pride of Jacob: “Surely I will never forget any of their deeds.

I have mentioned to you before about your choice of words if you can't keep your argument civil. I will not respond to u.
Our talk is about allah swearing by his creation. I answered all the questions u posed to me. Now I need your response regarding my answer. Whn we finish this then you can ask any other question.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by advocatejare(m): 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

grin

Better answer!

You're an ignoramus, who bears the title "The Pride of Israel "? it's God Himself.

So if the Bible reads that God sworn by the pride of Israel the Bible is simply saying God sworn by his own name.

Amos 8:7
Now the Lord has sworn this oath by his own name, the Pride of Israel: “I will never forget the wicked things you have done!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by advocatejare(m): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

cool

You're an ignoramus, who bears the title "The Pride of Israel "? it's God Himself.

So if the Bible reads that God sworn by the pride of Israel the Bible is simply saying God sworn by his own name.

Now the Lord has sworn this oath by his own name, the Pride of Israel: “I will never forget the wicked things you have done!

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
advocatejare:

Ellicott's commentary of the Bible

(5) The pride of Israel may be either the true object of pride and boasting, viz., Jehovah Himself (comp. Amos 8:7), or the false object of pride to which they had yielded. The latter interpretation is to be preferred, and is supported by Amos 6:8. Arrogance led Ephraim, on numerous occasions in earlier sacred history, to resent the supremacy of Judah. This jealousy culminated in the rebellion of Jeroboam I., and characterised their history till the reign of Ahab. Arrogance will be their ruin now; and in this Judah is represented as likewise involved. This last feature is a new note in prophetic utterance. (Comp Hosea 4:15.) We are therefore justified in regarding Hosea 5 as delivered at a later time than the oracle standing immediately before it.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
advocatejare:

You are the biggest liar!

Hosea 5:5
And the pride of Israel does testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity: Judah also shall fall with them.

his face not His face! Check your Bible!

Pride of Israel is not God!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by fortran12: 3:39am On Feb 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

And the pride of Israel does testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity: Judah also shall fall with them.

pride of Israel = Israel's pride = Israel's arrogance

The part you quoted in Amos, if you understand punctuations, you will see its saying that the Pride of Israel is God, it was expounding on the name of God. The verse says the Lord has sworn an oath by his own name not like allah that swears by his creations and a pen.

When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself,- heb. 6 vs 13
By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your only son,- Gen 22 vs16

Just admit u lost and your allah goofed. he was caught swearing by inconsequential things. And he is being spanked on nairaland
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2020
fortran12:

pride of Israel = Israel's pride = Israel's arrogance

The part you quoted in Amos, if you understand punctuations, you will see its saying that the Pride of Israel is God, it was expounding on the name of God. The verse says the Lord has sworn an oath by his own name not like allah that swears by his creations and a pen.

When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself,- heb. 6 vs 13
By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your only son,- Gen 22 vs16

Just admit u lost and your allah goofed. he was caught swearing by inconsequential things. And he is being spanked on nairaland

The Bible is a mess!

Pride of Israel = God

Pride of Israel = Israel's arrogance.

Does this mean your God = Israel's arrogance?

Your Book of God sef is not clear so why won't you be foolish!
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by advocatejare(m): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

“The arrogance of Israel testifies against her; Israel and Ephraim will stumble under their load of guilt. Judah, too, will fall with them.

Your father can say you are his pride, pride in that sense doesn't mean arrogance, it means he's pleased and delighted with you.

The pride used in Amos doesn't mean arrogance, it meant God who is delighted and proud of Israel his chosen people, that even your Quran testifies to that God prefer Israel above all the worlds.

But when Israel sins and become arrogant , God punishes them and that is what is explained in the Hosea that you quoted above.

You need an adult education on elementary English.
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by advocatejare(m): 11:38am On Feb 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

Ellicott's commentary of the Bible

(5) The pride of Israel may be either the true object of pride and boasting, viz., Jehovah Himself (comp. Amos 8:7), or the false object of pride to which they had yielded. The latter interpretation is to be preferred, and is supported by Amos 6:8. Arrogance led Ephraim, on numerous occasions in earlier sacred history, to resent the supremacy of Judah. This jealousy culminated in the rebellion of Jeroboam I., and characterised their history till the reign of Ahab. Arrogance will be their ruin now; and in this Judah is represented as likewise involved. This last feature is a new note in prophetic utterance. (Comp Hosea 4:15.) We are therefore justified in regarding Hosea 5 as delivered at a later time than the oracle standing immediately before it.
“The arrogance of Israel testifies against her; Israel and Ephraim will stumble under their load of guilt. Judah, too, will fall with them.

Your father can say you are his pride, pride in that sense doesn't mean arrogance, it means he's pleased and delighted with you.

The pride used in Amos doesn't mean arrogance, it meant God who is delighted and proud of Israel his chosen people, that even your Quran testifies to that God prefer Israel above all the worlds.

But when Israel sins and become arrogant , God punishes
Re: Ruling On Swearing By The Prophet (peace Be Upon Him) by advocatejare(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

The Bible is a mess!

Pride of Israel = God

Pride of Israel = Israel's arrogance.

Does this mean your God = Israel's arrogance?

Your Book of God sef is not clear so why won't you be foolish!
This one thinks we are talking of Alif Lam Meem here.

You lack understanding of basic English awe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Aborting A Pregnancy In The Early Stages In Islam / Islamic Clothing For Women And Men / Nasfat, MSSN, TMC, Ansarudeen Etc. Are These Groups "SECTS"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.