Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

THE MIND OF CHRIST | WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE MIND OF CHRIST | WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL (187 Views)

The Church And Politics :knowing And Understanding The Mind Of God / Facts About Celestial Church Of Christ / A White Man Slays In Celestial Church Of Christ White Garment... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE MIND OF CHRIST | WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL by pirevolution: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Before one can walk as Christ walked, and talk as He talked, he must first begin to think as Christ thought.
[/i]
Text: Philippians 2:5-11

Introduction
Few years ago, I did a study on the mind of Christ according to Philippians 2, with the guide of a study manual by T.W Hunt & Claude V. King. It was an amazing experience. I got a deeper and better understanding about the person God wants me to be, modeled after our Lord Jesus Christ, and I feel I should share this wonderful study with you, so that you also can come to an understanding of the Christ-like life and also build a deeper and intimate relationship with God.

This study will help us fulfill what Jesus said in Luke 17:21 “The Kingdom of God is within you”.
[i]

We need to use the mind of Christ to subdue the earth and bring the glory of the earth back to the master.

Jesus emphasized that the kingdom of God does not come by outward observance, but by an inner working that is not seen. This means that God is interested in working IN and ON our minds, and when He is done, the fruits will be evident in our life and lifestyle. Everything that God wants to purge and shape are within you, they are inward and secret. It is not your place to “do” anything. Whatever He deals with will show. It will definitely show.

To help you better understand this, we will be having a weekly session, breaking Philippians 2:5-11 into 6 parts:

1. Christ’s Freedom

2. Christ’s Lifestyle

3. Christ’s Servanthood

4. Christ’s Humanity

5. Christ’s Holiness and Love

6. Christ’s Name

You Change, the things WHEN YOU let your thoughts be like the mind of Christ.
[i][/i]

As we look at each of these parts, you will understand how God wants to work in you to transform you into the image of His Son Jesus. I am so excited about this. See you next week!

Prayer Father, I pray that You’ll grant me the grace to take out time weekly, to be a part of this study and in the end, I will be transformed into the image of Your son Jesus Christ. Amen!

Drop a comment and share, you will not know whose life will be inspired. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
By: Dorcas Ishaku Gadzama
Source : https://pirevolution..com/2020/02/the-mind-of-christ.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Blasphemy Is No Crime. You Can Criticise Religion.......france President / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Yourself In Prison / End Time Jesus Secret You Must Know As A God You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.