Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari (983 Views)

Don’t Dissolve Kano Emirates, APC Chieftain, Yaryasa Warns Yusuf / Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Amotolongbo(f): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari said on Friday that he could not interfere in the Kano emirates controversy because the state legislature had gotten involved.

Mr Buhari said this on Friday when he met with the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, and some newly elected Kano lawmakers.

Details of the meeting were sent to PREMIUM TIMES by Mr Buhari’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu.

“By the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Governor of Kano State has his own roles, once a matter is in the hands of the House of Assembly (like in Kano), the president has no constitutional right to interfere,” Mr Shehu quoted President Buhari as saying when speaking about the conflict between the Kano emir and the governor.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Kano State Government created four new first class emirates to add to the Kano emirate. Many believe the move was to whittle down the influence of the current Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, who allegedly opposed Mr Ganduje’s reelection last year.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/376226-why-i-cant-intervene-in-kano-emirates-controversy-president-buhari.html
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Goodcare(m): 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
That is....i just they mind my own business oooo
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Simplyleo: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Buhari doesn't have to intervene.

The potors are strongly behind Sanusi Lamido while ganduje will use incumbency. cheesy
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by curiobling: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
because you are clueless and dementia
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Fasindo: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
shocked

Good Reason.

Now that he has told us the reason why he can't interfere in the Emirate vs Ganduje fight.

He should also use this opportunity to tell us why he didn't involve in Aisha vs Abba Kyari daughter's squabble.
Even in Osibanjo vs Cabals squabble that made them sack Osibanjo's aides

Simplyleo please apart from jumping from from one thread to another defending Buhari nd APC, what else do u do 4 a living?
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by ogbuefi677(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ewu.
If dem dem arrest 1 hausa girl with drugs for Saudi ,you no go remember constitution b4 you intervene
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
But Mr.President can come with immediate alacrity to defend Gandollar's babanriga bullion van dollar bribe stuffing scandal even calling him a responsible man? What a dullard!

Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Racoon:
But Mr.President can come with immediate alacrity to defend Gandollar's babanriga bullion van dollar bribe stuffing scandal even calling him a responsible man? What a dullard!
I disagree with you, Buhari is not a dullard but a devil's incarnate who knows what he's doing. Calling him a dullard exonorates him from the madness going on in his government. He's the plotter hiding behind those rogues he's using only for him to feign ignorance.

How come he only obeys some laws when they favour himself and his gangs?

The man is a truly dangerous man hiding behind the cloth of cluelessness.
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by YorubaKinging: 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by GamalNasser: 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:
Buhari doesn't have to intervene.

The potors are strongly behind Sanusi Lamido while ganduje will use incumbency. cheesy

If by Potors you mean South East then you don't know anything ..We are solidly behind Ganduje to deal with the usurper called Sanusi
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Simplyleo: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

If by Potors you mean South East then you don't know anything ..We are solidly behind Ganduje to deal with the usurper called Sanusi
Okay. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by IgboSomalia: 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

Hahaha
SalmanRushdie, you Igbos are traitors!

You supported Sanusi and Kwankwaso over Ganduje and hear what you're now saying!

By the way, which seat did SLS usurp? The fact that your elders seat on the floor in Kano like slaves doesn't mean you're a stakeholder.
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
YOU'RE JUST AN ACTOR FROM SUDAN

YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THE CALIPHATE
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by thundafire: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
They want to teach Sanusi a lesson
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by vonxe: 8:40am On Feb 08, 2020
They will settle last last
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by GamalNasser: 11:18am On Feb 08, 2020
The Emir of Kano is an employee of the Local Govt and not even the state government , for the Emir to expect the office of the president to interfer in a matter that should end at the desk of Local Govt Chairman is nothing but delusions of grandeur
Re: Why I Can’t Intervene In Kano Emirates Controversy – President Buhari by Okoyeaniche(m): 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2020

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Against Taking `maishayi’ Tea Made By Hausa Tea Vendors / BREAKING: Appeal Court Puts Off Hearing In Oshiomhole’s Appeal / Gov Okezie Ikpeaszu Of Abia State Sharing Eba And Egusi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.