Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit (871 Views)

Wife Stabs Senior Wife To Death In Ondo Over Sex Turn With Their Husband / Classy Wives Don't Bleach Their Skin, They Tone And Glow / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by Validcode: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
A lot of women in Nigeria don't like it when their in-laws visit for these reasons:

Nigerian in-laws often display a sense of entitlement when they come around. They start behaving as if all the things in the house belongs to the man. Even when wife is a graduate and earns more than husband.

Claim right and take things without permission.

Never want to cook or clean up after themselves.

They only come to your house for extended stays when you're better off than them. If you marry a man when he was broke and struggling, they'll start coming for extended visits when things become rosy.

Most of their visits are fact finding mission. Husband's nephew visits, give report to his mom(sister in law) , she forwards to the rest of the family. This is why many women say they don't want anyone to invade their privacy.

Please feel free to add yours.

9 Likes

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by lalanice(f): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Just leave the matter
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by xendra: 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Gbam!!
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
OP you have said it all.
What are you relatives doing in your place.

Apart from visiting every body should go back to their corner some of these in laws end up bringing problem for the couple I won't even advice any couple married under 7 years to start accomodating in laws in their house.

Couples need their space.

Op you have said it all.
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
The question should be......

Do Nigerian wives complain about their own relatives the way they do to their husband's relatives? NO!

Why? Because they are naturally selfish, self-centered and will always want reap where they did not sow with their relatives.

So spare us those gibberish you scribbled there and get the fvck out of here.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Do Nigerian wives complain about their own relatives the way they do to their husband's relatives? NO!

Why? Because they are naturally selfish, self-centered and will always want reap where they did not sow with their relatives.

@Bold:

If we were to accept the OP at face value, how can the wives' relatives do the bold below? cheesy

Validcode:
A lot of women in Nigeria don't like it when their in-laws visit for these reasons:

Nigerian in-laws often display a sense of entitlement when they come around. They start behaving as if all the things in the house belongs to the man. Even when wife is a graduate and earns more than husband.

Claim right and take things without permission.

Never want to cook or clean up after themselves.

They only come to your house for extended stays when you're better off than them. If you marry a man when he was broke and struggling, they'll start coming for extended visits when things become rosy.

Most of their visits are fact finding mission. Husband's nephew visits, give report to his mom(sister in law) , she forwards to the rest of the family. This is why many women say they don't want anyone to invade their privacy.

Please feel free to add yours.
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

@Bold:

If we were to accept the OP at face value, how can the wives' relatives do the bold below? cheesy

Women only look for fault in people they hate.

99.379% of Nigerian wives hates their husband's relatives and don't like seeing them in their home.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by bukatyne(f): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Women only look for fault in people they hate.

99.379% of Nigerian wives hates their husband's relatives and don't like seeing them in their home.

Marry out of the 0.621% then.

All husbands' relatives are good and know their place.

Even the ones the husband couldn't stand while with them. cheesy grin
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by creolehunt: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Same question I keep asking. Or aren't the woman's relatives also in-laws to the man?
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Marry out of the 0.621% then.

All husbands' relatives are good and know their place.

Even the ones the husband couldn't stand while with them. cheesy grin
99.468% of 0.621 are non-virgins with home training, good tolerating spirit and good accommodating spirit. But I don't do non-virgin, I do virgin because they are reserved, peaceful, loyal, respectful, no sense of entitlement, not sexually wayward, well-mannered, intact womb, no shifted womb, no saggy boobs, no porridge ass, no stretchmarks, intact hymen, no sagging pussay, no big tommy, no toxicity, good cooks, hardworking, infact they are blessing to humanity.

In case you don't know, Nigerian wives don't wanna notice the goodness in some husband's relatives because they don't like them. You can't see good in someone you dislike, that's the problem they are battling.
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by Raalsalghul: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

99.468% of 0.621 are non-virgins with home training, good tolerating spirit and good accommodating spirit. But I don't do non-virgin, I do virgin because they are reserved, peaceful, loyal, respectful, no sense of entitlement, not sexually wayward, well-mannered, intact womb, no shifted womb, no saggy boobs, no porridge ass, no stretchmarks, intact hymen, no sagging pussay, no big tommy, no toxicity, good cooks, hardworking, infact they are blessing to humanity.

In case you don't know, Nigerian wives don't wanna notice the goodness in some husband's relatives because they don't like them. You can't see good in someone you dislike, that's the problem they are battling.

I saw what you did there Donstan!

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by bukatyne(f): 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

99.468% of 0.621 are non-virgins with home training, good tolerating spirit and good accommodating spirit. But I don't do non-virgin, I do virgin because they are reserved, peaceful, loyal, respectful, no sense of entitlement, not sexually wayward, well-mannered, intact womb, no shifted womb, no saggy boobs, no porridge ass, no stretchmarks, intact hymen, no sagging pussay, infact they are blessing to humanity.

@bold:

No lele, you are only marrying one woman. grin Hope you are bringing corresponding qualities to the table? Or it is only money that is not even enough as a 'Nigerian' husband?

If I remember correctly, you were the poster who wanted a virgin wife so she would be satisfied with whatever sex you give her? As in, you would not be challenged to satisfy her because you think she doesn't know better.

Are there women who do not want their husband's relatives around while they accommodate theirs? 100% Yes.

However unless you married such knowingly, It would be strange to assume your wife is always in the wrong in a fracas with your family.
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

No lele, you are only marrying one woman. grin Hope you are bringing corresponding qualities to the table? Or it is only money that is not even enough as a 'Nigerian' husband?

If I remember correctly, you were the poster who wanted a virgin wife so she would be satisfied with whatever sex you give her? As in, you would not be challenged to satisfy her because you think she doesn't know better.

Are there women who do not want their husband's relatives around while they accommodate theirs? 100% Yes.

However unless you married such knowingly, It would be strange to assume your wife is always in the wrong in a fracas with your family.

That's my baby kiss

Now you are talking!!

The Buka baby I know is now making sense! grin

Bubu'm grin

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by bukatyne(f): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

That's my baby kiss

Now you are talking!!

The Buka baby I know is now making sense! grin

Bubu'm grin

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Of course, I have said something you want to hear grin

I am not oblivious to the facts on ground from all fronts unlike most men who think their relatives are saints.

For all the stereotypes that the wives' relatives are calm and are protective of the marriage, I know a lady that cooked and ate it alone in her married sister's house. Sister was on a trip so little sister was with hubby.

When questioned, she said she did not like how the husband treated her sister.

Imagine such guts!
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Of course, I have said something you want to hear grin

I am not oblivious to the facts on ground from all fronts unlike most men who think their relatives are saints.

For all the stereotypes that the wives' relatives are calm and are protective of the marriage, I know a lady that cooked and ate it alone in her married sister's house. Sister was on a trip so little sister was with hubby.

When questioned, she said she did not like how the husband treated her sister.

Imagine such guts!
Imagine! So bad of her.

But trust me Buka, the sister's husband will end up not chasing her out despite the attitude she possessed. That's men for you. They naturally respect their wives relatives for peace to reign.

But women don't! That's all we are asking.
Nigerian wives should Respect and be nice to their husband's relatives. They should accommodate and stop looking for fault.

That's all. grin

1 Like

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Imagine! So bad of her.

But trust me Buka, the sister's husband will end up not chasing her out despite the attitude she possessed. That's men for you. They naturally respect their wives relatives for peace to reign.

But women don't! That's all we are asking.
Nigerian wives should Respect and be nice to their husband's relatives. They should accommodate and stop looking for fault.

That's all. grin

@Bold:

I laugh in Spanish!

He almost did. It took a lot of placating from the wife and he had to stop a number of privileges.

The SIL in this case crossed the line and the wife put her in her place.

Perhaps that is what women are expecting from their husbands too; be objective enough to put your family in their place when they over reach.
Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by donstan18: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

@Bold:

I laugh in Spanish!

He almost did. It took a lot of placating from the wife and he had to stop a number of privileges.

The SIL in this case crossed the line and the wife put her in her place.

Perhaps that is what women are expecting from their husbands too; be objective enough to put your family in their place when they over reach.

No, you are wrong. That's not what women are expecting their husbands to do. They want their to stop their relatives from visiting in the of privacy.

Talking about relatives, do you know that in Nigerian homes, relatives of the wives are always comfortable and relaxed than that of the husbands?

You know why? Because Nigerian wives by default are not accommodating and this, will automatically make the husbands relatives restless in the house.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2020
donstan18:

1 Like

Re: Real Reason African/nigerian Wives Don't Want Their Husband's Relatives To Visit by forzarush(f): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2020
donstan18:

No, you are wrong. That's not what women are expecting their husbands to do. They want their to stop their relatives from visiting in the of privacy.

Talking about relatives, do you know that in Nigerian homes, relatives of the wives are always comfortable and relaxed than that of the husbands?

You know why? Because Nigerian wives by default are not accommodating and this, will automatically make the husbands relatives restless in the house.
Fallacy! Most families I know harbour the husband's relatives who even rarely pitch in with chores. And who says wives' relatives are ALWAYS comfortable and relaxed? And you spoilt it all with the last paragraph,we are not all witches and the in-laws always saints.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Home Made Food For Children (photo) / Doey Rock Death | Kahali Oden "Doey Rock" Has Passed Away - Obituary / Maybe It's Time Say Good Bye. It's Time to Delete My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.