Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) (13578 Views)

Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) / Hisbah Police Commands Barber To Shave A Man’s Hair In Kano State (Pix, Video) / #EndSARS Protest: Man Shot In His Penis In Delta State (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 12:49am On Feb 08, 2020
I left Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki in 2007 after my first degree. During this period, Ebonyi, especially Abakaliki the State capital was derogatorily called "dust of the nation" instead of its slogan "Salt of the nation" due to bad terrain cum dusty environment that characterised the State in its entirety.
Succinctly, Ebonyi State was synonymous to underdevelopment, due to high level of infrastructural decay that bedevilled the entire State.

However, I left Lagos on January, 2020 and I had a brief stop over at Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital to see a friend whose wife put to bed recently. Infact, what I saw in Abakaliki was awesome. I was speechless and dumbfounded. I had some mixed feelings about the level of infrastructural development that has taken place in Ebonyi State within the few years of Gov. Dave Umahi's leadership. The quality of works done on all the roads is mind blowing. The roads are built with concrete and rod, and most of them can last more than 50 years.

I nearly cried because it dawned on me that there is actually resources to develop this nation, if only our politicians will have the will to do so.

If Ebonyi State that receives some of the lowest budgetary allocation can turn the State around within four years, what happened to the allocations that accrued to the State prior to this time? What happened to the allocation other richer States received so far, yet their states remain purely underdeveloped and workers' salaries are not paid?
Nigeria is really blessed with abundant human and material resources but wicked leaders are the bane of our development.
Please this is purely devoid of sentiment nor partisanship.
And from the bottom of my heart, I say, may God bless Gov. Dave Umahi.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 08, 2020
Some Nigerians just like most Americans don't travel so they assume that just because there is a cluster in some places, other places are slum.
I'm glad you have brought this up here so that those who think that others live in potopoto area will see it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 1:33am On Feb 08, 2020
J111333:
Some Nigerians just like most Americans don't travel so they assume that just because there is a cluster in some places, other places are slum.
I'm glad you have brought this up here so that those who think that others live in potopoto area will see it.
sure

3 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by daddytime(m): 2:11am On Feb 08, 2020
Wonderful working governor.

This is enough to stake out the previous governors, kill or banish them entirely from the face of the earth.

Evil people.

9 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by menacetosociety: 2:36am On Feb 08, 2020
Ebonyi like London

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 08, 2020

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by mildwill: 5:44am On Feb 08, 2020
Nice to see this post here and thanks for sharing this to us. Garageband is an iOS app which cant be directly used in any Windows PC. Get more about garageband download for pc here.
Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Blackeuropean: 5:45am On Feb 08, 2020
I'm highly disappointed if those 3 pictures are what you saw, please upload as many as 20 pictures at least, from different locations or are you paid for this poor advertising?

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Biodun556(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2020
J111333:

This is Kaduna. I think some governors are trying.

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by okpalaAnambra: 6:51am On Feb 08, 2020
J111333:
Don't be jealous..even in the next 100 years osogbo will never be like this...you're only good in skull mining

8 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2020
Any development that doesn't impact on the citizens of that area positively is dead. All governors in Nigeria are completely useless!! Non has impressed me whatsoever. When you see what smaller African countries are doing, you will know how useless all our governors are combined.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Noerection: 6:56am On Feb 08, 2020
This is what I saw in Abia

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Noerection: 6:57am On Feb 08, 2020
After all Ebonyi is not Ibo land
Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 7:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Blackeuropean:
I'm highly disappointed if those 3 pictures are what you saw, please upload as many as 20 pictures at least, from different locations or are you paid for this poor advertising?
My brother, I have more than 20 of those pictures , but nairaland made provision for 4 uploading spaces. If there is a way I can upload the rest, kindly direct me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
Any development that doesn't impact on the citizens of that area positively is dead. All governors in Nigeria are completely useless!! Non has impressed me whatsoever. When you see what smaller African countries are doing, you will know how useless all our governors are combined.
I am not disputing your facts, but the point is , what did past governments in the state and those of other states who have left their states worse than they met it use all the money for.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Liposure: 7:20am On Feb 08, 2020
Impressive
Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by pheelhip(m): 7:28am On Feb 08, 2020
neoclassical:
I left Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki in 2007 after my first degree. During this period, Ebonyi, especially Abakaliki the State capital was derogatorily called "dust of the nation" instead of its slogan "Salt of the nation" due to bad terrain cum dusty environment that characterised the State in its entirety.
Succinctly, Ebonyi State was synonymous to underdevelopment, due to high level of infrastructural decay that bedevilled the entire State.

However, I left Lagos on January, 2020 and I had a brief stop over at Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital to see a friend whose wife put to bed recently. Infact, what I saw in Abakaliki was awesome. I was speechless and dumbfounded. I had some mixed feelings about the level of infrastructural development that has taken place in Ebonyi State within the few years of Gov. Dave Umahi's leadership. The quality of works done on all the roads is mind blowing. The roads are built with concrete and rod, and most of them can last more than 50 years.

I nearly cried because it dawned on me that there is actually resources to develop this nation, if only our politicians will have the will to do so.

If Ebonyi State that receives some of the lowest budgetary allocation can turn the State around within four years, what happened to the allocations that accrued to the State prior to this time? What happened to the allocation other richer States received so far, yet their states remain purely underdeveloped and workers' salaries are not paid?
Nigeria is really blessed with abundant human and material resources but wicked leaders are the bane of our development.

We should stop praising this man, if uve toiled Ebonyi very well, you will agre with me that Abakaliki, Afikpo north and Okposi which is the Governors village are the most developed part of Ebonyi state, hence the reason why pple see it and rain praises on him, upload pictures of other villages and lets see. most of the pictures i have been seeing here are mostly shot pictures of Abakaliki flyovers, only a part of Ebonyi is well developed while others are underdeveloped and left to a state of decay which is not worth all those praises.

Human development is there too, he should consider paying his workers well. they are suffering under his nose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by WorWorBoy: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2020
Not impressed. undecided
Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2020
pheelhip:

We should stop praising this man, if uve toiled Ebonyi very well, you will agre with me that Abakaliki, Afikpo north and Okposi which is the Governors village are the most developed part of Ebonyi state, hence the reason why pple see it and rain praises on him, upload pictures of other villages and lets see. most of the pictures i have been seeing here are mostly shot pictures of Abakaliki flyovers, only a part of Ebonyi is well developed while others are underdeveloped and left to a state of decay which is not worth all those praises.

Human development is there too, he should consider paying his workers well. they are suffering under his nose.
If past governments have done half of what he is doing, by now we would have been talking about core human capital development. This is a lopsided economic model, since all the sector's cannot receive simultaneous investment. Let every government do its part since governance is a continuum.

4 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Arrewa: 7:36am On Feb 08, 2020
This is Kaduna State state... Not Dubai

1 Like 4 Shares

This is kano state not Dubai

1 Like 2 Shares

This is kano state....

We are getting there...

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 08, 2020
neoclassical:

Since 2017, how many times will this same pictures be recycled on nairaland and on media?

You didn't take any picture but lifted the ones already existing on media and nairaland to garnish your lies of travelling.

Good he is doing well as a governor but recycling the same pictures repeatedly is simply nothing but political propaganda .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Arrewa: 7:43am On Feb 08, 2020
This is maiduguri....!!

A state that is at war with Bokoharam for 10yrs

Rehabilitations is already going on...

Permanent resident is being build by the state government... Taking woman and children off idps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by Arrewa: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2020
It's all about leadership

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 7:52am On Feb 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Since 2017, how many times will this same pictures be recycled on nairaland and on media?

You didn't take any picture but lifted the ones already existing on media and nairaland to garnish your lies of travelling.

Good he is doing well as a governor but recycling the same pictures repeatedly is simply nothing but political propaganda .
Are those pictures the works of Umahi or not? Some of you are allergic to hearing good news from someone. I have people like you, who derive joy from people's predicament. Learn to appreciate people and be happy with people's progress.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2020
Arrewa:
This is kano state not Dubai
Good! Let's appreciate those who are doing well no matter where they come from. Tribe is inconsequential in this discourse. Abia State is also in the south east but the governments over there since the creation of the state are bunch of failures..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by pheelhip(m): 7:58am On Feb 08, 2020
neoclassical:
If past governments have done half of what he is doing, by now we would have been talking about core human capital development. This is a lopsided economic model, since all the sector's cannot receive simultaneous investment. Let every government do its part since governance is a continuum.

Youve spoken well
but he can still make his workers live a comfortable life by not paying them salary nuts, after all these infrastructures, he will still need people for its maintenance even when he’s no longer the Governor of the state.
Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by letu(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2020
Noerection:
This is what I saw in Abia
The difference here is the residents eg Aba residents and their lack of orderly behavior, if they where the one's living in Ebonyi State and Kano State the way they will destroy those places with refuse/trash even the government of the state won't be able to do much the will be overwhelmed because the more the handle the refuse problem, the more they residents will be dropping extra more on the one they've dropped already well this is the honest truth which is Nigerian residents in Aba love refuse the way they like bread and tea even Obingwa LGA side of the town / Umuahia are better than Aba town.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At What I Saw In Ebonyi State (pix) by neoclassical: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2020
pheelhip:

Youve spoken well
but he can still make his workers live a comfortable life by not paying them salary nuts, after all these infrastructures, he will still need people for its maintenance even when he’s no longer the Governor of the state.
Sure, he needs to work on that too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo State Government Donates Armoured Vehicles & Weapons To Police / "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel / Why Lagos May Become The Biggest Igbo City In 2030

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.