Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics (33623 Views)

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics / Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics / Remmy Hazzan: Ogun State Looking For Genuine Investors Not Lagos Okada Riders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Young6x1: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2020
Worst policy ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Wyzzhi22: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2020
Duncan Mighty new single titled Ikebe Bisola.. Download and Enjoy grin

https://abegabeg.com/download-music-duncan-mighty-ikebe-bisola/
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Jabioro: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2020
The Opay ,Max,and Gokada are not supposed to be banned,the government supposed to study there operation, regulates and licence them..they are new transportation template..we can improve on

5 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by nwamabo247(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2020
God will make a way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by samwise180(m): 11:11am On Feb 08, 2020
rightchic:
I no sure say this ban reach Mile 2 o.

Please check my signature for your high quality tiles.
you are right, I saw a lot of them today, I boarded one to get to my destination on time grin
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by larryking540: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:
The Honest truth is okada and keke business kept a lot of Nigerians LAZY...

Now people are growing up with ambition of riding okada/keke.

People are leaving Vocational skill aquisition for keke and okada riding..

Vocational skills that the salary has no value ...

2 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Fidelismaria: 11:12am On Feb 08, 2020
After reading the writeup I really didn't see the economic impact

Just the subjective idea of a man

3 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
u learn trade. And can rent shop, no light to power equipments rtc. U say mk dem no ride bike

I understand your point, but it does not build a city talk more a nation.

It kills innovation

2 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by fayruka(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

For ur mind, you've said something now oo� So u think all those people have an option for a better job than to ride okada in a state of more than 30million people?

2 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by GasAndOilTheory(m): 11:14am On Feb 08, 2020
Let's just see how it goes this month and the next before drawing conclusions
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lexy2014: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

How is riding okada/keke being lazy? Has d meaning of d word lazy changed in d dictionary? What's wrong with people choosing to ride okada/keke over acquisition of vocational skills? Don't they have a right to choose their own path to self sustenance?

1 Like

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2020
fayruka:
For ur mind, you've said something now oo� So u think all those people have an option for a better job than to ride okada in a state of more than 30million people?

People are leaving vocational skills for okada riding.

Even soldiers, policemen etc.. it kills innovation.

3 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by prodigyevans(m): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

Why do we think DRIVING is not a skill? Or is it because the vehicle used is 'rural' in nature?

3 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Horus(m): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z65do3w87tk

Okada Are Not Part of Lagos Master-plan
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lexy2014: 11:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

I understand your point, but it does not build a city talk more a nation.

It kills innovation

So is a nation and city built? How does riding okada/keke kill innovation?
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Chibuchris: 11:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

How does this your statement make any sense
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lakesider(m): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2020
As an investor, don't invest in ban stuffs, even when it appears like law enforcers are not enforcing the law

1 Like

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 08, 2020
lexy2014:

How is riding okada/keke being lazy? Has d meaning of d word lazy changed in d dictionary? What's wrong with people choosing to ride okada/keke over acquisition of vocational skills? Don't they have a right to choose their own path to self sustenance?

I understand your point but it kills innovations for collective better future..
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by mercytripletz: 11:20am On Feb 08, 2020
lexy2014:

Don't mind him. He thinks he has made sense
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2020
Chibuchris:

How does this your statement make any sense

Look at it well..
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Horus(m): 11:22am On Feb 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4gyfqd3EHE

Why we restricted Okada & Keke - Lagos State Government |
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by mu2sa2: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2020
AlhajiImam:
They thought that it's only our aboki brothers that will be affected but they don't no that we will always survive. Now they are suffering more
Those guys called aboki are very versatile. A typical aboki can change from being okada or keke rider in lagos to cobbler in Bauchi, or "maiguard" in Ibadan. Most of them are not into illegalities, just trying to eke out a living as best they can.

3 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by new2naija: 11:23am On Feb 08, 2020
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 08, 2020
lexy2014:

When a carpenter quits to riding okada
When a tiler quits to riding okada
When a plumber quits to riding keke..

It destroys the future.
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by AgentNairaland(f): 11:24am On Feb 08, 2020
This Is The Solution

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lexy2014: 11:24am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

I understand your point but it kills innovations for collective better future..

I haven't made any point. I only asked u questions which are as follows:

How is riding okada/keke being lazy? Has d meaning of d word lazy changed in d dictionary? What's wrong with people choosing to ride okada/keke over acquisition of vocational skills? Don't they have a right to choose their own path to self sustenance? How does riding okada/keke "kills innovations for collective better future?"

1 Like

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Coolkhat: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2020
Come lets give that your Material a sense of belonging....

We sew
School uniform, male kaftan, shorts, trousers, cardigan, Polo's and design them to taste.. You get a discount if you're a NL member.
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2020

TissuePaper:
Dammmmn Nigggaaar

Fvck all dem modafuckers who are not happy with this development, All real niggars will be happy with this ban, I get 3 corolla for road on hire purchase wey I dey use do Uber...I dey even think of to increase the weekly remittance of my drivers because these guys dey run me street badly.

They make up to 50k in a day because of the ban meanwhile their weekly remittance na 30k, but as a real nigga I will not go back on our agreement

Howfar i wan run this matter u fit clear me all i need to know as in how it works... Sent u a PM bro
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by sisisioge: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2020
We are just getting started...the poo is just closing in on the fan!!! May God bless Nigeria with thoughtful leaders!
Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lexy2014: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

It destroys the future.

That still doesn't explain how keke/okada riding kills innovation. Why would a carpenter, tiler and plumber quit to ride keke/okada? How many have u witnessed make that change? How has d future been destroyed by d change in profession?

2 Likes

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by lebienconnu: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2020
Esseite:

It destroys the future.

GBAM

1 Like

Re: The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics by MusaDanladi1: 11:28am On Feb 08, 2020
At least they should leave these bike startups ORide (OPay), MAX and Gokada. These are legit business ventures and profits must be made in order to recoup their investments and also add new bikes to their fleet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Governor Uzodinma At Imo Police Headquaters After Gunmen's Attack / Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 / Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.