Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores (652 Views)

Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores / Islamic View On Artificial Insemination / What Is The Islamic View On Aje? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores by Realismailakabir: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World, His peace and blessings upon his noble Prophet (SAW)

Firstly we have to know that doing house chores is waajib (necessity) for a wife and helping one's wife is Sunnah that our beloved prophect practiced. So If we are to follow his example we have to follow this beautiful Sunnah no matter how busy we are! Many scholars depend on the hadith below declare it a necessity on wives.

Al-Bukhari and Muslim may Allah have mercy upon them narrated that: 'Faatimah, may Allah be pleased with her (the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad)(SAW) came to the Prophet, complaining of what she suffered from the hand mill and from grinding, when she got the news that some slave girls of the booty had been brought to the messenger of Allah. She went to him to ask for a maid-servant, but she did not find him and she told Aaisha, may Allah be pleased with her, of her need. When the Prophet(SAW) came, Aishah, may Allah be pleased with her, informed him (SAW) of Faatimah's request. Then Prophet, may Allah be pleased with him came to our house when we had gone to our beds. (On seeing the Prophe SAW) , we were going to get up, but he said keep at your places,' I felt the coolness of the feet of the Prophet (SAW) on my chest. Then he said: shall I tell you a thing which is better than what you asked me for? When you go to your beds, say: Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest) 34 times, Al-Hamdulillaah (all perfect praise be to Allah) 33 times, and Subhaanallaah (Glorified is Allah) 33 times. This is better for you than what you have requested.'

From this Sahih Hadith we can see that it is compulsory for house wives to do their
daily tasks at home and not neglect it. She have to put into consideration that her man strives daily to meet ends for the family, even if she works, she must try her best to be equal to this task!

Hadith on Husband helping wife.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ ) use to do in his house?” She replied, “ He used to keep himself busy serving his family ( ﻛَﺎﻥَ ﻳَﻜُﻮﻥُ ﻓِﻲ ﻣِﻬْﻨَﺔِ ﺃَﻫْﻠِﻪِ ) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it .” (Bukhari)

In another report Aisha is reported to have said, “He did what one of you would do in his house. He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed .” (Adab Al-
Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

Hence, he did not find such things too ‘womanish’ for him, to do. No wonder that he said, “The best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives .” (Tirmidhi; Ibn Majah)

Scholars view:
Scholars like Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaybah, Abu Ishaaq al-Jawzjaani and Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on them) said that it is the womans duty to serve her husband within the bounds of what is reasonable.
Re: Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores by XXXXTENTACION: 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
Isoright grin Make i no talk wetin dey my mind
Re: Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores by Enwhen(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Please go and read the Quran very well, your reference to back your points are too poor ... Tell us what Allah has directed , not what prophet Mohammed (SAW) said , because Prophet Mohammad(SAW) has many fishes to fry with regards to the topic ...read the Quran properly.
Re: Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores by Realismailakabir: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
“Men are the protectors and maintainers
of women because of what Allah has
preferred one with over the other and
because of what they spend to support
them from their wealth.”
[Sûrah an-Nisâ’: 34]
Enwhen:

Please go and read the Quran very well, your reference to back your points are too poor ... Tell us what Allah has directed , not what prophet Mohammed (SAW) said , because Prophet Mohammad(SAW) has many fishes to fry with regards to the topic ...read the Quran properly.
Re: Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Enwhen:

I think very soon you will tell us to remove Muhammad away from the Kalimah "Laailaaha Ilallah Muhammad Rasullullah"

If you are a non-believer, enjoy your kufr in peace and don't interfere in Muslim's matter.

If you had read the Qur'an properly you would have seen "Obey Allah and his Messenger (Muhammad)" many times there.

Abeg keep your vituperation in your skull.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Please! / Dress Code For Women Based On Quran / Things You Should Know As A Muslim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.