Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona (1650 Views)

Makinde: No Governor Received ₦‎30 Billion, Akpabio just playing politics / Abia: 10 Labour Party witnesses Disappear From Court, Fail To Testify / Anambra Is A Big Village, Imo Should Be Face Of SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by meavox: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
THERE WILL BE NO GOVERNOR IN IMO SHOULD SUPREME COURT FAIL TO REVIEW HER JUDGEMENT - IRONA
By Martin Okorowu, The Nigerian Voice, Owerri
February 6, 2020

Says Ready To Tender Audio Recording Of conversations between the Director-General of the SSS and some of the Judges involved

The ex-deputy governor of Imo state, Hon Engr Gerald Irona has said that there will be no governor in Imo State if the Supreme Court fails to upturn her January 14 judgment delivered in favour of Sen. Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressive Congress, APC for the March 2019 Imo state gubernatorial election in 2019.

Being Part of a recorded audio statement of Hon. Engr. Gerald Ironna (Supreme Court's sacked Deputy Governor) at the Awareness Creation meeting held in the office of Prof. Pat Utomi in Victoria Island, Lagos, with Civil Society members on Tuesday 4th February, 2020, Irona stated that;

“…we have audio evidences of how the DSS was calling members of the Tribunal and the Appeal court, giving them instructions on what to do and we are ready to tender the conversations between the Director-General of the SSS and some of the Judges involved. So, this matter is survival of democracy. The country is threatened.

"Let me just give you an instance to what the Senior Advocate reads, If you look at what Senator Hope Uzodinma presented to the tribunal upon which the Supreme Court of Nigeria gave their judgement; by tomorrow, we will be publishing booth by booth result presented by Senator Hope Uzodinma in ThisDay Newspaper.

“Now, if you look at No. 69 on the table he presented, we have a total of 492 registered voters. Senator Hope Uzodinma gave to APC 819 votes. These things were in records of the tribunal. He gave himself 819 votes out of 492 registered voters; registered voters not even accredited., not even PVC collected. And then awarded 7 to the PDP. That is 334 votes more than registered voters in that polling Unit.

“Now, you go to another Polling Unit among the 388 Polling Units, No. 285, on the table presented by Senator Hope Uzodinma, we have 449 registered voters out of which he gave the APC 780 votes and gave PDP 4 votes and you have 335 over voters in that particular booth. Look, I don’t want to continue with these. But if you look at the summary of the voting patterns, Senator Hope Uzodinma got average of between 12% and 15% of votes in other Polling Units but when you come to results he presented, he had 98% of votes casted in those 388 polling booths, including my constituency where he couldn’t win House of Assembly; he couldn’t win election; including His Excellency’s the Governor’s village of Mbutu where he defeated His Excellency and His Excellency couldn’t score up to 10 votes and he scored 800 and something votes.

“So, if you look at these, the Supreme Court of Nigeria did not; …and let me even say this; they never believed that we would find out. But, let me say one thing; we have records of fighting. When we were at the National Assembly, the then President Jonathan wanted to dictate to us on who would be the Speaker of the House. We said “No, you cannot.” He addressed us and we say you cannot! And we defied his order and voted and it was televised. This I’m telling you is the 7th House; 2011 when Tambuwal was the Speaker. So, we were at the National Assembly then. So we have history of struggle in our blood so we are not cowards. We were defeated in Civil War, our place was destroyed (but we are alive today).

“A day before this judgement they brought Army; brought Police from Enugu (82 Div.), brought from Port Harcourt, brought MOPOL from everywhere to Imo state. But we told our people “let’s hear the judgement’, and we have heard the judgement and we believe that we have window for redress. If they refuse to do that, there will not be governor of Imo state; there won’t be governance in Imo state. We are crying to the whole world to hear us and we are appealing to the conscience of fair-minded spirited Nigerians and all over the world to rise up and protect democracy.

“Finally, the man called Senator Hope Uzodinma had never won an election before and I can tell you this. When he went to the Senate, I was running for House of Reps and he the senate. It was our votes; he lost in his Federal Constituency. He had four Local Governments in his Federal Constituency and I had three; it was our votes that made him to win. But to show you that we are not lying, there was a rerun election in Imo state two weeks ago in his Federal Constituency – the Orlu/Orsu/Oru-East Federal Constituency. He is from Oru-East. His candidate lost and the PDP candidate won; in his own constituency even as a sitting governor. You see, the momentum of his victory at the Supreme Court would have made his candidate to win.

We will not legitimize this illegality. Among other things, help us to insist that those judges must repeal themselves. Help us to escalate these facts; let Nigerians see the facts. We will be happy when Nigerians see the facts and the Supreme Court says ‘all these things you have said we have heard but we won’t do it’. Then we will now go home and say “Buhari, rule other parts of Nigeria but Hope will not rule us”. I hope I am not making threats? But I am telling you that democracy is under threat in Nigeria.”

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/285021/there-will-be-no-governor-in-imo-should-supreme-court-fail-t.html

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Citytrend: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ooh is this how some people have chosen to go to jail?

Because I know my country

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by clarocuzioo(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
We are here , Imo must be good.

4 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Racoon(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
The supreme court judgement on the Imo guber election case is simply a judicial hatchet job hastily done in a more stupid way.The judges have simply subjected the apex court to irredeemable disgrace & shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Bighead9: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Trash.

Hope Uzodima remains the Governor of Imo State. The North made him Governor.

All hating Iyamri's should locate the nearest Transformer. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Oblitz(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by meavox: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
Citytrend:
Ooh is this how some people have chosen to go to jail?

Because I know my country

Rev Martin Luther King Jr was arrested about 30 times for fighting for justice for Black people. He later was killed for it. So was Malcolm X and many others during USA civil rights fight for justice.

Hope Uzodinma is Buhari's useful idiot rigged in so that RUGA will come to the South (Imo). This RUGA nonsense is Fulanization and what Ihedioha will NEVER allow. I am from SS (Cross River) but I stand fully united with my Igbo and SE brethren (under Orient Harmony https://web.facebook.com/Orient-Harmony-490676718354748/) and we of SE and SS together, plus our SW and MB brothers will fight Fulanization to the end. Fight for justice is only fight worth dying for, for ourselves and our children.

This imposition of Buhari's useful idiot on Imo people must not stand! It is part of Fulanization and Islamization agenda.

Nigerians who are cowards should STOP boasting about it by letting us know about all their fearings. Even God Himself rejects COWARDS!
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelation 21: 8

So those Nigerians who want to weaken us with your COWARDLY FEAR: Bleep off! Enough is enough. Must we remain slaves just so we can eat SHIT for one day more?

Justice and a new country is what we want (SE & SS escaping together)

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by budaatum: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
And some people will be here claiming na Fulani herdsmen de dabaru in Imo State!

So, you could not present all this in court and if one judge no gree judge don finish for Naija?

See stupid.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by adekolaelect(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
Presenting new evidences after the supreme court judgment OK but I can only advise them to do their home work in the supreme court than to make an inciting words that can even implicate his person because Buharis DSS can't smile at you if you enter their traps .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by LibertyRep: 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
Why didn't they counter all his claims with these 'incontrovertible' evidences while the case was still ongoing at the Supreme Court?
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by yarimo(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
Narration of loser grin grin
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Ofunaofu: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
smiley
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Bigflamie(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
I concur, we don't regard the supreme court appointee as our IMO state governor.

Ihedioha is the one
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by PureGoldh(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
I laugh in Swahili
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by rrreer: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ok
Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by wwwihy: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Chest Beating.....It seems PDP and their Lawyers are dounce...See Atiku and Emeka Cases

Re: There Will Be No Governor In Imo Should Supreme Court Fail To Review.... Irona by Charmingrascal(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wetin again u want do?

(1) (Reply)

Senators Introduce Funny Greeting Style Today Because Of Coronavirus(video) / ‘Kim Jong Un’s Death Could Be Announced This Weekend’–North Korean Defector Says / Are You Still Doubting? Compare And Contrast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.