Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged (106669 Views)

Couple Holds Wedding Reception At A Backyard With 7 Guests In Port Harcourt / Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by sleeknaija(m): 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
Very cool.. Nice idea.. Simple grin
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by davidque: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
cRobo:
Best wedding

Reception is meant for kids
You are definitely single
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by cRobo: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
davidque:

You are definitely single

And what is the crime on that?

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by davidque: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
cRobo:

And what is the crime on that?
Who said it was a crime? You comment was a sign that you are single and out of touch with reality. The couple in the story made a personal choice which is quite OK and acceptable, you calling wedding reception a thing for kids is quite immature. Need i remind you that your parents, uncles, aunties etc most likely hosted guests to a wedding reception. I'm sure you would not want them to be described as kids for having a reception. Its a personal choice, no biggy in having or not having one

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by laliga01: 7:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
starbuck:
As shared by Father Kelvin Ugwu:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2676569419126096&id=2149201088529601

Have seen this in owerri at a Jehovah withness wedding.
Simple and stress free.
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Tolux143(m): 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
Only if all ladies can agree to this. Most want to impress and show off undecided

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
Joystark:

lol... Seems your phone cannot press "s" properly... tongue grin

Na joke o
Lol, it could jor. I didn't read it before sending. I'm sure my autocorrect cause it. Beside, the era of button phones for browsing is gone. See where your mind go #deep cheesy
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by APCNig: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
yanabasee:

If she's Yoruba, forget it.....

Yes, if there is no Owambe, then you are not married.
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Talkingoil(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
pode:
I love this, I wish my partner will agree with me on this kind of wedding
My brother, during mine Na so dem worry tire,
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
Blu03:
smiley its not that important. Its great, yours?
.. you and this guy though..

he seems to be the new zaddy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
KingSatan:
wink

If she is from the South South, South West and South East and her only proof of education is a university degree, please forget it.

The way those regions are going about marriage and marital rites, I fear for the future.

Just as Imo State, most especially Owerri ladies are living with a stereotype now.

You see their ladies, old and unmarried. Better still, they switch to cohabition. All because of cultural modifications.

Parents see their female children as goods to be sold to the highest bidder.

Ever wonder why parents in those regions give their children out to ritualists (Don wanny the militant), kidnappers (Evans the kidnapper), armed robbers (EMONEY the armed robber) without hesitation?

You cannot find that in the North.

PS I am not a Northerner but living with them for over a decade, I see that they have utmost respect for their marital institution.

Aboki can marry without having so much money. As long as he has a verifiable means of income.

On the day of Nikah, the bride's parents will settle her according to their financial strength. The Nikah is all about the young lady. Infact most of the expenses are footed by her parents. They celebrate her for finding a man and settle her to go build her family.

The most annoying thing is couples living separately and still making reference to their union as "fiancee's" despite being married traditionally.

This is very bad and condemnable
hmmm, very deep. One basin of brukutu and fura for u
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nice one. Ppl should emulate them. No stress.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Oiza131(f): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
I thought I was the only one that has this idea of a wedding... So one of my friend ended her friendship with me because I told her how my wedding will look like. And when I'll confront her, she said, she has been planning and hoping to be either my best lady or among my aso ebi girls... Imagine!!!
I replied "babes, I hate noise". She hissed, and walked away. Stood there for over 10mins in confusion. I just concluded in my head "enemy in disguise"... (Just last week o)

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Pat081: 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
I hv ntin again you just to let u knw that u can neven go to that kind of wedding
cRobo:

What's your obsession with me

Leave me alone abeg
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by seangy4konji: 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
Sense will not kill me..I go forward it to someone now..

Incawe some people do t know we are like I. Wold war 3 already..it is only welconected people and officers of our great nation and eating all the spoils while some are went to concentration camps and war front to perish..is Borno while dino has not made one visit to soldier during but flaunting wealth.
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by DAVE5(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
toprealman:

Your type will plan a 5Million naira wedding without contributing a dime!
Respect other people's choices.....

As in ehn, nah them dey Sabi plan wedding pass...

Even if you tell them say money no dey, they go start to dey compare with other people wedding, meanwhile shishi like this dem no go bring..

They have nothing to offer 99% of the time, just to sleep, cook, eat, watch TV, fvck, go back to sleep, next day, same routine

Wicked souls running men down since 2000BC

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Obinoscopy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is lovely. I know the guy. We went to the same secondary school. We were in the same class and were friends back then. He is a very cool and well collected guy. I wish them a happy married life.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by DAVE5(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2020
DonMustafa:
The question is "are they married or not?"

My oga, they're married ohh

God bless the woman immensely beyond her expectations for making the man's life easier, and God bless the man to provide for her and take good care of her till eternity

Surprisingly they must have found real love

Not all this our usual Nigerian good for nothing girls that can only offer fvck but want all ur pocket has to offer
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
Blu03:
smiley its not that important. Its great, yours?
.. you and this guy though.
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by DAVE5(m): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
SocialJustice:
This is how I want to marry but the average Nigerian girl is crazy.

Please don't allow any human being cajole u to spend excessively on a "one day event" that adds little or value to you ohh, what happens after the wedding day is the real love
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by ekwesi3(m): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
Yellowcandle30:
no! Don't be misled. Reception is meant for people who can afford it.
There is no shame in that
but wasn't food shared ? what other spending does he need to do that most during reception do ..i have always told my self no reception... It pains me that he did it before me...cos I want to tread that path also..
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Egabs(m): 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
Catholic Church have always maintained that wedding � is not cost except u want to make it one of my friend also did the same wedding, is own was even during the week on a public holiday

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by SocialJustice: 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
DAVE5:

Please don't allow any human being cajole u to spend excessively on a "one day event" that adds little or value to you ohh, what happens after the wedding day is the real love
Exactly but will they hear. They want to impress family, friends and their enemies and they will hardly reason with you if they see you can actually afford a large wedding. I've never liked the idea of wedding reception or having to deal with planning a wedding.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
grin
biGDhAp:
.. you and this guy though..

he seems to be the new zaddy
Lol. He has never identified as my zaddy
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by DAVE5(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
SocialJustice:
Exactly but will they hear. They want to impress family, friends and their enemies and they will hardly reason with you if they see you can actually afford a large wedding. I've never liked the idea of wedding reception or having to deal with planning a wedding.

Impress people using another man's pocket

Fear women ohh

I fear who no fear women

Lol, make I drop my pen
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by abimic(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
What a lovely couple, and the girl is beautiful, that her smile, it's deep. A very thoughtful act, cut your coat to your size. Wishing them a happy married life.
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by SocialJustice: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
DAVE5:

Impress people using another man's pocket

Fear women ohh

I fear who no fear women

Lol, make I drop my pen
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by DAVE5(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
Blyzz:
Lol, it could jor. I didn't read it before sending. I'm sure my autocorrect cause it. Beside, the era of button phones for browsing is gone. See where your mind go #deep cheesy

For am to talk say ur phone no dey press s, it goes to show you the kinda phone hin sef dey use

Autocorrect is sometimes wicked and most times very helpful
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by cRobo: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Pat081:
I hv ntin again you just to let u knw that u can neven go to that kind of wedding

I guess you are a married woman

What's the essence of flamboyant extravagant reception when there is life after marriage

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by paqman: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
My type of wedding
Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Blu03:
grin Lol. He has never identified as my zaddy
.. he's heading there and zaddy doesn't like that

1 Like

Re: Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged by chukzyfcbb: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is Simple short and sweet!

But I will not adopt it, thanks but no thanks I will have my reception after church wedding smiley

All my dance steps I have been learning since my teenage years has to be put to good use , lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bride Who Bared Too Much Boobs In Her Wedding Dress Causes Stir On IG / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride Wears Boobs-Popping Wedding Gown: Is This Fashion Or Madness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.