Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup (29279 Views)

Barcelona Defeat Chelsea 4 - 0 To Win The Women's Champions League / Oshoala Scores Another Brace As Barcelona Defeat Huelva In The Queen's Cup. / Chelsea Fan Dies In Ghana After Barcelona Defeat (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Pidginwhisper: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
gibzzhd:

Akinde would have won 8 Caf awards.from 1993 - 2001 Don't compare pls
What’s this man saying cheesy Akide only won African Women Footballer of the Year Once! as it stands Oshoala is ahead of both Nkwocha and Akide in term of awards won at both continental and world level.She would is not an excuse. More like you saying pele would’ve won 15 balon’Dor if he started playing during Ronaldo era
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Dollabiz: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
Really
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by MrBONE2(m): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
joey150:
10 - 1 in a final?

Maybe all the women in the losing team were on their monthly cycle.

Blame it on the cramps and pains. grin
grin

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
tyup:
as a full blooded igbo guy I must really commend this lady for making our Yoruba brothers proud and worth emulation. like I've always said we igbos need to learn alot from our Yoruba brothers in making Nigeria happy n proud and shun being in the news either for fraud or drugs related crime sad

A Yoruba boy impersonating Igbos. Are you ashamed of who you are? I have always known you as a tribalistic bastard who is not a good friend to sense and prudence but kindly refrain from bringing your tribalism into sports. Outside your race to be noticed on Nairaland, you amount to nothing in the comity of men. Absolute shit.

Congratulations to the ever performing girl. Keep making us proud.

4 Likes

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by JoshuaJulius: 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oshoala is the best so far i wish her more strength.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
BLESSICA:
My classmate that year, we use to finger eachother in class back then.

She is making it big in life and you too are making it big in tomfoolery and stupidity. How unfair this world could be.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Angelfrost(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
PopeFlatino:
If u gamble (bet) u will know that female football is d most unpredictable...forget this scoreline,if they want disappoint u eehh u go cry.

The only difference it has from d male team is that the presence of outright favorites like this Barca,Lyon,Mancity,Wolfburg,benfica and few others in their respective leagues but their odds no dey even reach 1.09 most times and the other options fit no dey available

You are right on that sir...

But, I am talking about the quality of football... An avid viewer of men's football will find women's football distressingly childish, and uninteresting.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Bahddo(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Barcelona Femeni not just Barcelona which implies the male team.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
Wait is it that the opponents had no goalkeeper or what. Coz I don't understand how a team will score ten goals in a final
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by gibzzhd: 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
oaugraduate1234:
Wait is it that the opponents had no goalkeeper or what. Coz I don't understand how a team will score ten goals in a final
Stop berating women football.Didnt Leicester score 9 against their fellow men and hallan score 9 in one world cup game.A fate women has not yet recorded in their game.Big Ups to the ladies
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by BLESSICA: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

She is making it big in life and you too are making it big in tomfoolery and stupidity. How unfair this world could be.
Yes nah! Na the fingering make her blow, my fingers are magic fingers. I can do you too if u want oo
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by kygo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
bendazum:

She has toured several continents and won numerous cups and personal awards. She is famous, rich and young.

She can gift you a million naira without breaking a sweat.

I swear! she's that good and deserves anything that comes her way
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Mac2016(m): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
Kiddinpoh:
Naija to the world!
Ikorodu to the world
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by kadiri3(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
InsightsFx:
Good GIRL

She Keeps Scoring , She Keeps Earning

I Keep Doing My Thing wink , I Also Keep Earning

Las Las We Are All Earning .... Everyone Gats To..... tongue tongue
which work u dey do self?
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Onlyonebuhari: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2020
Where is that saddist? Perpetual Nwocha.......see ur life.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by candyboy(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mac2016:

Ikorodu to the world

Yes o, Omo Oriwu, Omo Eluku meden

1 Like

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Discombulator: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
iAmViper:
Oshoala is scoring
messi is complaining
And messi is the greatest footballer in the history of football and one of the most influential people in the world,i don't think you need someone to tell you your comparison is stupid,but I'll tell you anyways.
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by olawalehenry(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
SlimDaddyPee:
I have the video

Shebi una don dey carry this Facebook virus come nairaland abi!

I bind every spirit of I have the video or I have watch the video grin
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by golddare: 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by InsightsFx: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
kadiri3:
which work u dey do self?

My Name Speaks Alot smiley smiley wink
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Adebowalay(m): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
InsightsFx:
Good GIRL

She Keeps Scoring , She Keeps Earning

I Keep Doing My Thing wink , I Also Keep Earning

Las Las We Are All Earning .... Everyone Gats To..... tongue tongue
Me sef wan earn...help me na
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by adeniyi65(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
at least the females has done it if the males refuse to lift even a tea-cup. grin grin
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by gentlegenius(m): 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
kygo:
I remember watching Mercy Akide as a child and wondering how a lady could play like that, clutch player. Turned up in difficult games and was a menace to defenders. Then came Perpetual with her mastery of the ball, finesse and quality technique.

Oshoala, by the look of things has surpassed them all. She's easily world class and the younger generation would pray to match her achievements.

Big kudos to her
You remind me of Mercy Akide ... It was always a delight to watch her. It was so awesome to see how a lady with such big breasts will chest the ball, turns her marker, then run forward at full speed with the ball at her feet, her big boobs jumping up and down as she outpace defenders on her way to score a goal. A lady with such big boobs shouldn't be playing football, yet she plays with so much passion and power.
I wish Naija have another footballer like her.

1 Like

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by naptu2: 12:20am On Feb 10, 2020
FC Robo (2013)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sN9IEkBUoU

Liverpool (2015)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10267777_liverpool_jpegf5b906a3b2610358536c6cecf4874bea

Arsenal (2016)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10267778_arsenal_jpeg55dab8ee39467ef92310b54e772e068a

Dalian (2017-2018)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10267779_dalian_jpegc77711bb7357b4c15edde3d87c3a0779

Barcelona (2019-2022)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10267780_barcelona_jpegddc2f365957bf7d30075e8c3cf8125c6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11023670_trueblue_jfif_jpeg26d3612407d3b70d0af154a1614c9135

1) The golden ball for being the best player at the 2014 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10087830_g_jpegb5568a2e9fbfe67d78600688f9dcea10

2) The golden boot for being the highest goal scorer at the 2014 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10087831_cqdoprwgaasjb_jpegdfe35aa70928449bd6cffa44ea9cc97b

3) The golden ball for being the best player at the 2014 African Women's Nations Cup. She also won the silver boot for being the second highest goal scorer at the tournament (second to Desire Oparanozie).
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10087832_ball_jpeg794303aa9549c7795fc86b3dab5502bf

4) The golden boot for being the highest goal scorer at the 2016 African Women's Nations Cup.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10087833_boot_jpeg90b61bb36b8c6990cf8ef6bb2d4c10d7

Also

1) highest goal scorer in the Nigerian Women’s League (2013)

2) Winner of the Nigerian Women’s League (with River’s Angels) (2014).

3) Winner of the Nigerian Women’s Cup (2013 and 2014)

4) Winner of the English FA Women’s Cup (2015/2016)

5) Winner of the Chinese Women’s Super League 2017 & 2018.

6) Highest goal scorer in the Chinese Women’s Super League (2017).

7) Winner of the Chinese Women’s Super-Cup (2017)

8 ) Winner of the Copa Catalunya (2019).

9) Winner of the Spanish Women’s Super-Cup (2020).

10) BBC (World) Women’s Player of the Year (2015)

11) African Women’s Player of the Year (2014, 2016, 2017 & 2019)

12) Winner of the African Women’s Nations Cup (2014, 2016 & 2018).

1 Like

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Daguccizgreat(m): 12:37am On Feb 10, 2020
tyup:
as a full blooded igbo guy I must really commend this lady for making our Yoruba brothers proud and worth emulation. like I've always said we igbos need to learn alot from our Yoruba brothers in making Nigeria happy n proud and shun being in the news either for fraud or drugs related crime sad
This tribal bigot we know whom you are. You're just deceiving your self
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by naptu2: 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
Asisat Oshoala: Nigerian is hungry for more Barcelona success

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria

32 minutes ago. African Football.

Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala is hungry for more success with Barcelona Femenino after winning her first major trophy in Spanish football.

The 25-year-old scored a brace on Sunday as Barcelona thrashed Real Sociedad 10-1 to clinch the maiden Spanish Women's Super Cup in Salamanca.

"To add the Super Cup to last year's Copa Catalunya was a great experience," Oshoala told BBC Sport.

"But my professional priority is to keep doing well and winning, so I can't take my eyes off the targets.

"We still have the league, Uefa Women's Champions League and the Spanish Cup to contest this season as a team."

Unbeaten Barcelona currently sit atop the Primera División as they seek their first league title in five years and they face Spanish rivals Atletico Madrid in the quarterfinals of the Uefa Women's Champions League next month.

Oshoala who netted a late consolation for the Catalan club in their 4-1 loss to French side Lyon Feminines in last year's continental final is keeping her feet firmly on the ground.

"Individual ambition is same as a collective one for the team this season," she added.

"We do not have the satisfaction yet because we're challenging for success in all competitions, so we need to keep going."

Oshoala won the Confederation of African Football's (Caf) Women's Player of the Year award last month - for a fourth time equalling the record of fellow Nigerian Perpetua Nkwocha.

The maiden BBC Women's Footballer of the Year winner scored at the 2019 Women's World Cup to help Nigeria reach the last 16 in France.

She joined the Spanish outfit initially on loan from Chinese champions Dalian Quanjian in January 2019 before signing a permanent deal five months later.

Oshoala moved to Quanjian in the Far East in February 2017 from English side Arsenal Ladies with whom she won the Women's FA Cup at Wembley in May 2016 .

She finished as the Chinese Women's Super League top scorer in 2017 with 12 goals to help her club to the title same year.

Oshoala, who began her European career at Liverpool Ladies, won her third Women's Africa Cup of Nations with the Super Falcons in Ghana in 2018, scoring three goals as Nigeria lifted the title for a ninth time.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51443879
Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by naptu2: 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
There's a funny war going on.

Real Sociedad's coach has warned that nobody can compete with Barcelona. He says that the Spanish Federation must decide if this is what they want. He said that Barcelona was always going to win and that they had to suffer the humiliation. He says that Barcelona go abroad and buy the best foreign players and that the Spanish players are on the bench.

In response Barcelon have released this graphic. It shows the nationalities of the Barca players that played in this match (11 of them were Spanish).

Re: Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup by Kiddinpoh(m): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
Mac2016:

Ikorodu to the world

Haha! You can say that again!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Stadium At Rangers Vs Heartland Match (Photos) / Emiliano Sala Buried In Argentina / Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.