Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty (1008 Views)

Labourer Party Logo Unislamic Promotes Only Mama And Pikin And Baba / Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Visits School Of Abducted Students In Kagara / Governor Zulum Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by usmandra11(m): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno state,
has promoted Obiageli Mazi, a class
teacher, to assistant headmistress for her
dedication to work.
Shettima Kullima, executive chairman of the
State Universal Education Board (SUBEB),
announced the promotion on Saturday after
his recommendation was approved by the
governor.
During an inspection to assess public
institutions in the state, on Friday, Zulum
paid an unscheduled visit to Shehu Sanda
Kyarimi 2 Primary School around 6:30am to
see how the school’s infrastructure could be
improved.
On getting there, the governor discovered
that Mazi, a level 12 teacher, was the only
one who had resumed for duty while the
other teachers were not around.
Mazi, who is from Abia state, has reportedly
been teaching for 31 years.
The governor was said to have been
impressed by her commitment to work and
he rewarded her with a cash gift of
N100,000.
“Yesterday, as early as 6:30 in the morning,
I paid an unscheduled visit to Shehu Sanda
Kyarimi 2 Primary School to see how we can
improve the infrastructure therein and I met
teacher, Mrs. Obliageri Mazi, an Igbo
Christian from Abia State who served for 31
years in the Borno state. Although it was
very early, I met none of the teachers and
their pupils on ground but only her,” Zulum
said.
“Her gender, tribe, religion or state of origin
does not surprise me but her passion,
enthusiasm, dedication, commitment and
above all patriotism do suprise me a lot.
“As a government, we are mightily proud of
her!”
Zulum also directed Kullima to review
Obiageli’s position, her qualification (NCE)
and recommend her promotion.
Subsequently, she was recommended for
promotion.
“Even though the woman was not a
graduate, her 31 years teaching experience
and commitment coupled with an executive
order by the governor have earned her the
promotion,” Kullima was quoted to have
said.
In 2019, the governor paid an unscheduled
visit to some hospitals in Maiduguri, the
state capital, where he did not meet any
doctor on duty.
The governor, who was reportedly shocked
at the conduct of the doctors, was said to
have visited the hospitals around 1am to
inspect the condition of patients and the
facilities.
He reportedly expressed dissatisfaction at
the poor service delivery to the patients he
met at the state’s medical facilities.
During his campaign, the governor had said
he would not condone indiscipline,
especially in the state civil service.

Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Where have you been since yesterday. We have even opened a go-fund-me for the teacher sef. grin
Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by Simplyleo: 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Honestly, I like the good and kind gesture exhibited by the gov.

However, I still have this feeling that 100k and promotion to assistant headmistress isn't enough.

She has served in that school for 31 years, what stops the governor from making her the head teacher? What stops the governor from making her a member of his cabinet such as special adviser/assistant to the governor on children education?

Now the she has to deputise (one lazy arzz must have lost her position), jealousy and all its attendant features will come in and considering that she isn't an indigene, things may turn out bad for her.

If the gov want to reward her sincerely, she should be taken away from her colleagues for good. My opinion though.
Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by chiefolododo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
31 years of teaching and still on level 12?

1 Like

Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by Tyche(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
So you get small sense so? grin grin
#noOffense
Simplyleo:

However, I still have this feeling that 100k and promotion to assistant headmistress isn't enough.

She has served in that school for 31 years, what stops the governor from making her the head teacher? What stops the governor from making her a member of his cabinet such as special adviser/assistant to the governor on children education?

Now the she has to deputise (one lazy arzz must have lost her position), jealousy and all its attendant features will come in and considering that she isn't an indigene, things may turn out bad for her.

If the gov want to reward her sincerely, she should be taken away from her colleagues for good. My opinion though.
Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by Tyche(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
So you get small sense so grin grin
#noOffense
Simplyleo:

Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by NobleAngell(f): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is how it should be. Diligence and hard work should be rewarded. That's how it is done in a sane society.
Re: Zulum Visits School At 6:30am, Promotes Only Teacher On Duty by dukeprince50: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
this guy, from telling that guy that wants to trek for him to rather use his strength to pray and fast for the state and country at large, and now this one. Also with massive infrastructures in the north.
Somehow the northern government are doing better than their southern counterparts.

Where are the Amaechi and Donald Dukes of then, nobody wan beat their records?

(1) (Reply)

A Pair Of Mating Worms? Daddy Freeze Comes Under Fire After Insulting Tope Alabi / Can Oshiomhole Campaign For Obaseki As APC Governorship Candidate? / Buhari, Masari Meet In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.