Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (81320 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 12:50am On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

stop being a lunkhead. nani and bale have been better than nasri this first half of the season.

And yet if the league were to end today, Nasri would win player of the year easily! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:03am On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

And yet if the league were to end today, Nasri would win player of the year easily! cheesy

nani will win the player of the year easily. 5 goals + 11 assists in 15 league appearances surpasses whatever nasri brings to the table. besides that. when the two players clashed head to head. nani disgraced clichy but a 20-yr old brazilian kept nasri in his underpants for 90 mins.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 1:16am On Dec 22, 2010
nani will win the player of the year easily. 5 goals + 11 assists in 15 league appearances surpasses whatever nasri brings to the table.

Nasri has what, 8 goals in the league alone?

besides that. when the two players clashed head to head. nani disgraced clichy but a 20-yr old brazilian kept nasri in his underpants for 90 mins.

I can only imagine what Nasri would've done to Clichy if he were a United player. . .

Anyway i'm not going to debate Nani vs Nasri. But Gareth Bale? GTFOH!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:30am On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Nasri has what, 8 goals in the league alone?

with at least 2 of those goals being penalty-kicks. 1 assist in 14 league appearances is also very poor. abeg, this shouldn't even be debated. nani is the most productive player in the whole league. he contributes at least a goal in every league game.

I can only imagine what Nasri would've done to Clichy if he were a United player. . .

Anyway i'm not going to debate Nani vs Nasri. But Gareth Bale? GTFOH!

nasri did nothing to rafael. what could he have done to clichy?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 1:47am On Dec 22, 2010
with at least 2 of those goals being penalty-kicks. 1 assist in 14 league appearances is also very poor. abeg, this shouldn't even be debated. nani is the most productive player in the whole league. he contributes at least a goal in every league game.

Nasri has only taken one penalty in the league. Aren't you the one who always says "which is easier to score, a penalty or a tap-in"?

Like i said before, Nani has also been brilliant and i'm not going to debate that. But Bale ahead of Nasri is scandalous. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:52am On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Nasri has only taken one penalty in the league. Aren't you the one who always says "which is easier to score, a penalty or a tap-in"?

Like i said before, Nani has also been brilliant and i'm not going to debate that. But Bale ahead of Nasri is scandalous. . .

my formation had a role to play in choosing bale ahead of nasri. nasri isn't a touchline hugging wide player. he likes to tuck/cut in. if i were playing 4-2-3-1(arsenal's formation) then nasri will be ahead of bale. but in a 4-4-1-1 formation, nasri won't fit into the format just like bale won't fit into arsenal's 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2010
@Cougar
Why would you use formation to pick ur players?

Is dt how FIFA and UEFA do it?

I don't think so.

@Emperoh
Wetin happen again?
Hehehe

@Bxg
Cech over Hart ke? No ooo

Rafael over Ivanovic? How many games has Rafa played?

Baines over Ashley? Lailai. Ashley was the reason Chelsea ran like a headless goat to d top of the table

All in all, Nasri, Nani and Bale shd be in d team
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 22, 2010
RuuDie:

I think both spurs and citeh have now earned the right to be considered as "big teams" ----- for me the strength and potential of the current squad is all that matters ----- history, stats, tradition; are all just there for reference!
So why is Man. United vs Liverpool the biggest game in England,despite the fact that Liverpool,on current form are nowhere near the CL places in the EPL?
How come the above-said game álways gets top billing around the world,even though Liverpool can't be termed title contenders presently?
Awaiting answers,including from you,tkb.
Unless we're saying Liverpool isn't a big team anymore,despite 5 European Cups and 18 league titles,countless FA Cups among others. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 22, 2010
RuuDie:

I think both spurs and citeh have now earned the right to be considered as "big teams" ----- for me the strength and potential of the current squad is all that matters ----- history, stats, tradition; are all just there for reference!
What has City done in the past quarter of a century to merit that title?Buy players?Finish 5th last season-highest position in decades?
Please retract this laughable claim.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2010
StarBoard:

What has City done in the past quarter of a century to merit that title?Buy players?Finish 5th last season-highest position in decades?
Please retract this laughable claim.

Your argument is lame. If Chelsea have become a 'big club' or games involving chelsea with any of the top teams regarded as 'big game',then same applies to city. City have followed the footsteps of Chelsea buying the 'best available' players. If Chelsea became a 'big club' by doing that,then city are big too.
How the fck do you play against tevez,yaya toure,David Silva,Kolo toure,ballotelli and the likes,challenging for the title, and not say its a big game. They didnt finish top four cos the top four played 'big' . Totts are a very good team and city have nothing to be ashamed of finishing just behind them. Their run in the ECL is enough evidence for you
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

stop being a lunkhead. nani and bale have been better than nasri this first half of the season.

You are the only one who thinks so. Bale/Nasri Haba,Sharon. What else could Nasri have done to earn your nod? Nothing. Purely prejudicial
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

Your argument is lame. If Chelsea have become a 'big club' or games involving chelsea with any of the top teams regarded as 'big game',then same applies to city. City have followed the footsteps of Chelsea buying the 'best available' players. If Chelsea became a 'big club' by doing that,then city are big too.
How the fck do you play against tevez,yaya toure,David Silva,Kolo toure,ballotelli and the likes,challenging for the title, and not say its a big game. They didnt finish top four cos the top four played 'big' . Totts are a very good team and city have nothing to be ashamed of finishing just behind them. Their run in the ECL is enough evidence for you
Again,the phantom id. iot strikes.Unashamedly exhibiting his sub-zero IQ for the world to see,just like most Gunner fans
Chelsea's history warrants that they were a big club even before the Abramovic era.It's plastic dolts like you who don't know anything that throw words about.
What silly run are you talking about?finishing 5th last season?,unable to win at home against 10 men,and are still 3rd after playing 2 games more than the leaders?.And you call that contendership,just because they bought "players" who have yet to win anything for the club.At least Chelsea have titles to boot.Where are City's?
Stop this your show of e-insanity and lunacy,abeg.Go and check into the nearest mental institution for your malaise of inherent stu.pidity.
Is Ivory Coast a World power just because they have Drogba,the Toure Brothers,Kalou,Eboue,Zokora et al,people who can take starting shirts in clubs around the world?Is the Netherlands a World Power in soccer?England too?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cristalz(f): 9:08am On Dec 22, 2010
Does insulting a person's intellect somehow make your point more acceptable to other readers? undecided
Dudes, keep this 'big club, big game' argument light. Haba.

It's a petty argument, IMO. Chevron remains Chevron, even when they undergo financial setbacks.
A big game, on the other hand, is a relative thing. It's a dependent variable in an equation that may or may not have a significant implication at a particular time.
Na wa. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2010
Cristalz:

Does insulting a person's intellect somehow make your point more acceptable to other readers? undecided

Starboard's just a kid. Indulge him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2010
Cristalz:

A big game, on the other hand, is a relative thing. It's a dependent variable in an equation that may or may not have a significant implication at a particular time.
First all, welcome back grin
My thoughts also.

BTW,A lot of the arguements here are so biased, it's irritating at times.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

Just Nani and Bale
I will include Valencia and Giggs grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

Starboard's just a kid. Indulge him
And dipo2much is a ninny.Let him play with his fellow goats.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2010
HNIC:

BTW,A lot of the arguements here are so biased, it's irritating at times.
Like the Arsenal thread offers any wisdom to us all in any way.
A thread where Carlos Vela was equated to Messi.
I weep for football with comments like that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

no it doesn't. chelsea became a big club by winning two league titles on the bounce under jose mourinho. man city are yet to achieve staying in the top four let alone winning the league. you cannot compare chelsea to man city at any level.

dipo2much:

You are the only one who thinks so.  Bale/Nasri Haba,Sharon. What else could Nasri have done to earn your nod? Nothing. Purely prejudicial

nasri has disappeared in all the big games he's featured this season. where was nasri against chelsea? where was he against man utd? those are the big games.

tkb417:

@Cougar
Why would you use formation to pick your players?

Is dt how FIFA and UEFA do it?

I don't think so.

of course, that's how they do it. otherwise, fifa/uefa will name 8 strikers, 2 defenders and a goalkeeper in the last tournament. to arsenal fans, nasri is god but to united fans, he's nowhere! 1 assist in 14 league games? some gaynners do have them. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2010
On the real though,how do guys feel when they launch all these e-insults and vitriols at some random dude you MAY never see till you leave mother earth.

It's insanely laughable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2010
kay_pumpin:

On the real though,how do guys feel when they launch all these e-insults and vitriols at some random dude you MAY never see till you leave mother earth.

It's insanely laughable.

the e-insults result from provocations and stuffs. no one really sets out to insult the other members but you have to admit some lame comments especially from the lads in your tribe are sometimes embarrassing. some of you are cowards in the sense that you don't have the balls to say these things apart from murmuring it under your breath while some have the balls to say it like it is.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

the e-insults result from provocations and stuffs. no one really sets out to insult the other members but you have to admit some lame comments especially from the lads in your tribe are sometimes embarrassing.

In my tribe? undecided

The fact anyone here is trying to tag "lameness" as an exclusive right of a particular set of fans is in itself lame.That said,there are a million and one ways corrections can be made without insults that makes the giver cuts across as an embittered personae.I am sure if that is how much most of these e-hardmen give it on the street,most of them wouldn't be here typing with their fingers intact.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2010
kay_pumpin:

In my tribe? undecided

arsenal fc is your tribe, isn't it?

The fact anyone here is trying to tag "lameness" as an exclusive right of a particular set of fans is in itself lame.That said,there are a million and one ways corrections can be made without insults that makes the giver cuts across as an embittered personae.I am sure if that is how much most of these e-hardmen give it on the street,most of them wouldn't be here typing with their fingers intact.

you miss the point. the fact that the quiet ones don't diss doesn't mean they are not saying "Bleep cougar" under their breaths to themselves - but never in cougar's face. at the end of the day, that they just don't have the balls to say it doesn't mean they are innocent. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2010
The cowards are those who use the anonymity provided on a forum like this to insult people endessly. Ppl like Starboard,that is. All that is front of them is a keyboard and pc so they just sit and curse ppl when they bear their minds. A forum contains people you are smarter than and people who are well advancd than you are IQ-wise. So you should be able to read someone's comment and just move on. Not bit.chin cos u think u've finally found somethin to girl over
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

The cowards are those who use the anonymity provided on a forum like this to insult people endessly. Ppl like Starboard,that is. All that is front of them is a keyboard and pc so they just sit and curse ppl when they bear their minds. A forum contains people you are smarter than and people who are well advancd than you are IQ-wise. So you should be able to read someone's comment and just move on. Not bit.chin cos u think u've finally found somethin to girl over

i ain't trying to brag here but if you argue with me like you always do here in public, i will call you a fool. anonymity my ass. what effort does it take to call a foolish person a fool to his face? what are you going to do? sock my temple?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

Unrepentant id.iot.
When you say something sensible,then I'll say something nice to you.
You don't deserve anything nice after wasting your parents' money paid for your school fees.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

arsenal fc is your tribe, isn't it?

Unapologetically!All i am saying is,each thread has it's own share of ridiculous and jaundiced posts.

you miss the point. the fact that the quiet ones don't diss doesn't mean they are not saying "Bleep cougar" under their breaths to themselves - but never in cougar's face. at the end of the day, that they just don't have the balls to say it doesn't mean they are innocent. cheesy

Miss-cued!You think yapping inanities on the net makes you more of a man?Off the net,most of "quiet ones"'s got balls larger than the titanic and prefer the real battle.Having IQ is not the be all,EQ is apparently equally important.

Anyway,make una continue with una banter,make i no disturb with my sermon grin.It makes for a good laugh sometimes.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Unapologetically!All i am saying is,each thread has it's own share of ridiculous and jaundiced posts.

arsenal fans are the worst. go back and read the comments prior 13th of december - nasri metamorphosed from a tin god to the best player in the world. after the match, gaynners legged it and most of them didn't comment on these pages for several days.

Miss-cued!You think yapping inanities on the net makes you more of a man?Off the net,most of "quiet ones"'s got balls larger than the titanic and prefer the real battle.

Anyway,make una continue with una banter.It makes for a good laugh sometimes.

if you think i don't have the gall to put my words in action then you thought wrong. where i come from, i call it as i see it. it's not about trying to be a roy keane or sammer.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
ok! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

i ain't trying to brag here but if you argue with me like you always do here in public, i will call you a fool. anonymity my backside. what effort does it take to call a foolish person a fool to his face? what are you going to do? sock my temple?
Like he has anything to offer.
He talks like he's an outcast from his village.
cou-gar:

arsenal fans are the worst. go back and read the comments prior 13th of december - nasri metamorphosed from a tin god to the best player in the world. after the match, gaynners legged it and most of them didn't comment on these pages for several days.
I still say that most Arsenal fans should be made to pass an IQ test before watching any grade of football,and Freedom of speech should be curtailed for Arsenal fans.The helplessly ridiculous utterances that come out from that thread should have warranted its closure long ago.
Yet someone comes to say this thread is full of biased arguments,just because we want to dissuade some of the delusions of grandeur some of them have (i.e. City-Arsenal is a big game).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
kay_pumpin:

ok! cool

good man! "eq". . . .what has emotional intelligence gotta do with a pub forum? i detach myself emotionally when i come here. no need for deploying some eq to faceless, heartless beings. emotions are for the romantics which i ain't. i think i am alright with with the iq. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Cougar
I'm sayin d midfielders? Do they have to choose according to roles? As a matter of fact, I can choose 4 wingers in d midfield and I know UEFA can do that too

@Crizzle
U don dey do calculus abi wetin?

Which one be endogenous variables abi wetin u call am

@starboard
Dey try relax, u no dey provoke reach me oh, but I can drop off when its getting over the top.

@Kay
Bobo wassup!

@Topic
Fck big game and big club stuff

Can we discuss somethn else?
Starboard u don hear?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.