Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! (3472 Views)

Osisikankwu,dead? / Alleged Abia Number One Kidnapper, Osisikankwu, Breaks Silence / Osisikankwu, Leader Of Aba-based Kidnap Gang, Declared Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by wales(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2010
Details of how the dreaded kidnapper in Abia State, Obioma Nwankwo, a.k.a Osisikankwu, met his waterloo in the hands of soldiers have emerged . The kidnap kingpin, who hailed from Ugwuati in Ukwa West Local Government Area, was killed about 2.30 pm, on Sunday, as he was driving in company with three other suspected kidnappers, including a woman said to be his girlfriend, who was believed to have played ‘active’ and ‘supportive’ to his man when he held sway in Abia.

Two of the suspected kidnappers, simply identified as Polycarp and Chinedu, were killed alongside Osisikankwu while the girlfriend, identified simply as Ogochi, was arrested and is now helping the army in its investigations.

Giving details of how the kidnap kingpin was killed while addressing newsmen at Asa High School, the headquarters of the Special Task Force in Abia State, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, Major-General Sarki Yaki Bello, said Osisikankwu had kidnapped a man last week and taken him to his hideout in the evil forest at Ugwuati.

He said the man escaped from the camp and took refuge somewhere else. But the kidnap kingpin together with his gang, stormed the man’s house, but when they could not find the target, they kidnapped his wife, the four children and burnt his car and house. However, the man reported the incident to soldiers.

Bello said the army immediately swung into action and deployed soldiers who laid ambush on the road, they gathered, Osisikankwu normally plied.
For over one week, the soldiers laid ambush for the notorious kidnapper. The GOC said the ambush paid off on Sunday afternoon when Osisikankwu was accosted at a thick forest near the Obokwe market in company with three others.

The notorious kidnapper was said to have resisted arrest when he was cornered for questioning. He was said to have rather engaged the soldiers in a shootout, and in the cross fire, he was instantly killed together with Polycarp. The third, Chinedu, was, however, taken to the Military Hospital, Port Harcourt, where he later died of gunshot wound sustained during the encounter.

He urged those in the mould of Osisikankwu to surrender as there was no hiding place for them.
The assistant director public relations of the 82 Division took newsmen round some recovered items.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/dec/14/newsbreak-14-12-2010-001.htm
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by rethink: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2010
intelligence intelligence intelligence give the army
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by Emmyk(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2010
Good Job, Attaboys
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2010
All we can say is that iboland is peaceful again ! Glory be to God.
honestly,I don't care how he  died.
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by chiozor: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
i hope they are not thinking of burying him in the mother earth, his corpse should be kept at Aba PH road to road and have vulture feed on it.no waste of land for his burial angry
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by slap1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

All we can say is that iboland is peaceful again ! Glory be to God.
honestly,I don't care how he  died.
Igbo land is not yet peaceful. Osisi's boys are still terrorizing people in Umuekechi and other villages. I don't trust the government, so I keep some things to myself.
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
slap1:

Igbo land is not yet peaceful. Osisi's boys are still terrorizing people in Umuekechi and other villages. I don't trust the government, so I keep some things to myself.
the master is down.i'm sure the warriors have learnt their lesson
Re: How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! by tyle(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2012
No hiding place for wicked.

(1) (Reply)

There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan / Haters Attempting A Comeback!! / CBN Governor Lamido Sanusi Has 7 Bullet-Proof Cars - CKN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.