Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

5 Money Secrets: How Money Really Works According to Multi-millionaire, Dan Lok - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Money Secrets: How Money Really Works According to Multi-millionaire, Dan Lok (361 Views)

Newly Discovered Secrets: How To Rank Deranked Fiverr Gigs / Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Money Secrets: How Money Really Works According to Multi-millionaire, Dan Lok by AmakaWrites: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
1. Money moves to those who are not afraid to talk about it
Don’t be ashamed to talk about money with people. A lot of people feel shy/ ashamed to talk about money, which is wrong.
They justify this shame and fear by saying things like, ‘money is the root of all evil’, ‘money is not everything’, etc.
People who think and talk like that are broke.
If I keep saying ‘Favour (replace this with your name), you are the root of all evil’! Will you keep coming around?

Money has feelings and like every other thing, it obeys the law of attraction.
You attract what you always speak about. If you don’t talk about money, it’ll rarely come around you. If, when you talk about money, you talk about it with sadness or talk about it negatively, it will rarely come around you.
If you always talk about people negatively, you’ll find out that people will rarely come around you.
When they do, they want to leave your presence almost immediately. It’s the same thing with money.

It’s not enough to talk about money, do so with happiness and nice words.

A lot of us grew up associating money with negative things and memories. For example, when you ask your parents for money, the first answer you get is ‘there’s no money’ or ‘do you think I pluck money from trees?’
Some parents even accompanied their replies with a slap, because they feel you ask too much or to cover up for their inefficiency.
For most Nigerian parents, money is always the cause of their fight.
Subsequently, because you have grown up in an environment that’s hostile to money, you unconsciously become hostile and evasive when money is mentioned, and you pretend that money is not everything.

Most of us didn’t receive any education about money from our parents or guardians. The highest form of education we may have received came in the words, ‘you must learn to manage what you are given.’
No talk about how you can multiply the money you have.
No talk about how you can earn money in the first place.
If you want to have money, you must throw that useless fear or shame away and talk about money openly: The same way you talk about football, as a guy. The same way you talk about make-up, as a lady.

2. Money moves to those who love it the most
Following the first point, money moves to those who love it the most.
For the rest of this class and after, I’ll like you to think of money as a human being. It has feelings and it flows where it feels welcome. Smile when you think of money.
I have this habit of sniffing money and smiling (I don’t think it’s healthy to sniff money shar). Credit alert gives me joy.
I’m sure it’s the same for all of us here.
If you want to get rich, you must think of ways to invest and multiply your money. People that are financially disadvantaged always think of how to spend money.

You get your salary today, the first thing you’re drafting out is a list of things you’ll buy. No plans on how to invest and multiply the money. That’s why you think of money in terms of something that’s limited, as a result it finishes before the middle of the month and you’re already shouting that you’re broke.

Why won’t you be broke? If you keep taking water from a drum without refilling it, won’t the water finish?

Let me ask.
If you have a boyfriend/ girlfriend and anytime you go to visit, s/he always asks when you’ll be going back home without welcoming you or offering you something to eat or drink, will you keep visiting? How long will your relationship even last?

Money is like your girlfriend/ boyfriend. Make your relationship with it last long by treating it right. You must understand this.

Think of money as something that’s abundant not scarce, because money is really abundant. If you think I’m lying, ask Abacha. Abacha died years ago, but he’s still funding Nigeria. The money he embezzled is the real definition of ‘money wey we get e no go finish.’

In fact, DJ play me Money by Soft and Wizkid. Lol.

On a serious note, you’ll find that rich people keep getting richer because they have a good relationship with money. Every rich person invests, that’s why money keeps coming back to them. it’s not jazz. Money has seen that rich people treat it right and welcome it, so it keeps going back to them.

You’re broke, you managed to see money, but instead of thinking of how to multiply that money by investing in yourself through a skill, you spend it on clothes, shoes, phone. That money will be the last you will have in a long time.
Love everything including money.

3. Money moves to those who understand it the most
The people you have chosen as friends are the people who understand you the most. Your best friend is probably the one who knows your thoughts and can complete what you’re saying even before you finish talking.
If you understand money, money will become your friend.
As I’ve emphasized before, money is like a human being.

Think of money as somebody that speaks a language. You’ll communicate better with people who speak your language. Some of you, the only money language you understand is ‘spend’. Dhazull
How much focus/ education did you get about money while growing up? For most of us, it’s very little. How do you make money? How do you keep it? How do you invest it? How do you multiply it? You never received this education, not from your family and not from school either.
That’s why you must charge yourselves at this age to read and learn about money.
How do you master money when you don’t understand its language?

4. Money goes to those who know how to circulate it
A naira saved remains a naira. In fact, a naira saved could become a kobo by the time the bank debits you for card maintenance, text messages, etc.
If you notice, I’ve not said save money. Instead, I’ve said ‘invest’. Investment leads to multiplication.
The best form of investment you can make is in yourself. Learn a skill. Practice it. Upgrade yourself by learning every day. People will pay you for becoming a better version of yourself.

Have you asked yourself why companies pay people with MSc. better than they pay people with BSc.? It’s because they are presumably better.
You can begin to invest in properties only after the investment you have made in yourself has started paying off.

Money is meant for spending, not hoarding. If everybody decides to hoard money, how will it get to you? Money is a currency, let it flow. It will come back to you.

Money goes to those who know how to circulate it especially in terms of business.
Open that new shop. Hire that person who is better than you.
If you master the art of selling every day, a debit alert will not make you unhappy because you know the money will come back to you. The debit alert that is making you unhappy is the credit alert that is making somebody happy.

If you’re happy spending your money on someone else’s product or service, people will be happy spending on yours.

5. Money moves to those who know how to multiply it
I’ve stressed this point several times in different ways, so I won’t stress it again. Before spending money, invest.
Spend what is left thereafter.
Not the other way

Once you know how to multiply money, you don’t have to chase money. Money chases you.
At this point ask yourself;

Do I talk about money?
Do I love money?
Do I understand money?
Do I know how to circulate money?
Do I know how to multiply money?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month / Entry Level Financial Analyst Jobs In Chicago / What Is Copywriting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.