Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month (364 Views)

Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / List Of Ten (10) Businesses You Can Do With Less Than N100,000. / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month by AmakaWrites: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Following the recent ban on okadas and kekes (tricycles), the alternative means of transportation for Lagosians is trekking alias OTrek alias Leggedis Benz.

To you (non-Lagosian), it’s a joke and a source of new memes, but to us (Lagosians), it’s no joke. If you think it’s a joking matter, ask that horse that fainted after working for just less than a day why it couldn’t bear the pain.
Initially, trekking might seem like an exercise, an opportunity to burn some fat. But at a point, it no longer feels like exercise. It becomes a punishment. Come on na. Do you know what it means to trek from GRA to Alausa under this hot sun?

Research shows that trekking too much poses various health risks such as ankle, knee, hips and lower back injuries, inflammation, dehydration, delayed-onset muscle soreness amongst other health challenges.
Apart from these health risks, have you also noticed that you get to work feeling exhausted, sweaty and unmotivated already?
The result?
You’re just not the best version of yourself. Your productivity level is below par.

Let’s say you decide to use Uber instead. The cost of Uber has nearly doubled for obvious reasons. Can your N100,000 or less salary comfortably book your rides daily, or as often as you’d like?
How much money would you have left if you decide to go the Uber way? Would it be enough to feed and pay your other bills for the rest of the month?

If your answer was ‘no’ to any of the above questions stick with me for just two more minutes.

Let me ask you a question, please.

For how long do you want to trek? Or spend your salary on Uber rides?
If you’ve been following the state government’s updates on this situation, you must have read that there’ll be no going back on the ban. So, either you prepare yourself mentally, psychologically, emotionally and otherwise for more trekking or you start thinking of ways to get yourself out of this suffer head situation.

If you want to get out of this suffer head situation, I have 2 suggestions on how you could make things easier for yourself;

1. Start a passive business.
A passive business does not necessarily need your time and attention. Starting a passive business means you can be making money from it while at work. A complementary business would be a good example of a passive business.
Let me explain what a complementary business is using an example.
Let’s say there’s a tailor on your street who doesn’t sell materials, s/he only sews. Buy materials and put them in his or her shop. A lot of people do not have the strength to go to the market to buy materials when they want to sew. Others could just walk in, like the materials on display and buy.

After sales, you go and collect your money. Instead of trekking, you can use the profit you make from your passive business to book Uber.
Apart from complementary businesses, there are other passive businesses you could start.
But hold on, because my second suggestion is sweeter than my first and will give you the opportunity to save money instead of spending your profit on Uber. It will also save you time and energy.

2. Learn a high-income skill

A high-income skill is a skill which solves a high-value problem, is in high demand and as a result, people are willing to pay highly for it.
Copywriting is an example of a high-income skill. Most business professionals rate copywriting as one of the top 10 high-income skills for 2020.
There are other high-income skills such as web design and development, digital marketing, public speaking, consulting, media buying, sales funnel building, cybersecurity, etc.

You see, the thing with learning a high-income skill is that there’s so much room to grow and the better you get, the higher you’ll be paid. Learning a high-income skill is a self-investment.

Personally, I’m a freelance copywriter.
This means that while other Lagosians are waking up by 4/ 5 so they can start their trekking early, I’ll still be asleep. The time now is 4:18 pm. I am seated on a chair pulled close to the ironing board (which I have converted to my work station), typing this. I haven’t stepped a foot out of my house today. If my gate has been repainted, I don’t know.
I am at home, working under correct fan and earning over N100,000 a month just from writing.
You could too if you want.

Now I’m not saying you should quit your 9-5 job and stay at home.

No.

As a freelance copywriter, working on freelance platforms such as Upwork and Fiverr[/b], you get to choose how long you want to work, how many projects you want to take on and how much you want to be paid.

Guess what, you get paid in dollars, not naira, working via those platforms.
In the next few days, I’ll be taking a masterclass on Copywriting and below is a break down of what you’ll learn when you sign up for the class;

- How to write web content for clients
- Keeping clients and Upselling to them
- How to create a high-ranking Fiverr gig
- Landing jobs and getting clients on Fiverr
- Secrets of copywriting and how to sell online
- How to create an optimized Fiverr account/ profile
- How to write email copies, product reviews, and descriptions
- How to write 100% non-plagiarized articles in less than an hour
- How to apply your copywriting skills to write proposals on Upwork

[b]BONUSES:

- 25 uncommon e-books on copywriting you’ll never find free online: priced at N16,200
- A free e-book on over 101 Fiverr gigs you can start today, priced at N7,200

To get started immediately, click the link below or send me a Whatsapp message on 0706 252 5532
[url]https:///2347062525532?text=Hello%20Uzoamaka
[/url]

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About NDLEA Recruitment 2020 / Help! He Needs Advice On This Career Move / Make 20k Online For Just Reading And Commenting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.