Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace (58759 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by kazyhm(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
This is what we are talking about female at work place...............you can't use emotions to blackmail everyone......

Your mom is still within the same local government area........

There is nothing like cheating here.......other option is if she can reject the promotion to remain in her comfort zone

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by GerogeI(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

Hello Ayo,
I guess this happened somewhere in the southwest.
So the problem is that your Mum , does not understand how things work in the civil service.

You simply cannot refuse to be transferred, that is gross insurbordination. She should not have done that, rather she should have lobbied like the people you mentioned.
You do not need to know someone personally to lobby them.

So what you guys need to do this. Find out the state Chairman of SUBEC, go through all your relations to see who knows him. Make an appointment, go with your Mum to make complaints to him. He or She will do something, especially on health ground, and maybe cancel the suspension by overriding the LGA chairman.
In any case, your Mum will not go back to her old school as she was at fault. But someone higher up can help lift the suspension and restore her dignity, and also maybe post her to a school that is not too far away. You guys as a family can also go and meet the LGA chairman of SUBEC, he can also have a rethink.

Remember in our local psychology, the first complainant is usually the favoured one. So be the first to complain at the next highest authority.

Further, next time, your mum needs tact. You do not just refuse work or posting under any formal work setup, as someone must do that job. Otherwise you will be immediately at fault and sackable. Rather you find ways to make your case heard, and mount pressure (Lobby).

10 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Acidosis(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Since your mother is involved, you won't get the best advice here. Sentiments and emotions won't allow anyone advise you correctly. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DrP2000(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Op

I may not have the best advise for but if am in your shoes,I will plead with Mum to accept the transfer and move on to the new place. God works in a mysterious ways, don't worry about the condition of the school etc , let her resume at the new place.

Then for you, this has shown you that you need to work harder in life so that no one arround you will experience similar situation again.

For everything that happens there is a reason and God allowed it. No matter how far the place is, let your Mum adjust and possibly relocate, God definitely has a better plan for her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by manneger2: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Just edit it. Because we can't really understand it.

Calm yourself down, and your mother, too, so that her blood pressure goes down to normal levels. You should be comforting her, don't let yourself get so hysterical, otherwise you will get her worked up. It may not be as bad as you think. As someone earlier suggested, you may petition relevant bodies.

U should start by editing urs too, leave the girl alone

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Blackeuropean: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
Am so sorry for my grammatical blunders, am not just myself right and like I have said earlier my heart is bleeding
Please detail the State, Local Government so those who can help you here can do their best, Regards.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by numen(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bring this to twitter.

Tag @DrJoeAbah, @segalink, @mazigburugburu @ogundamisi @omojuwa

Lets trend it and try to bring your mum justice.

ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by macauley1: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
Tell your mom to count it all joy, they might have meant it for evil, but God allow it for good, her testimony is days away, tell her to start celebrating and refuse to be sad, Macauley write from United States.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Engrgreg231(m): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
Let's keep sharing until it' gets to the appropriate authority
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Lekison(m): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrTee1:
Something is really wrong somewhere.

Aside that this story is from one perspective, another huge concern is the grammar: Lexis, structure, tenses, construction.

Mum is the best teacher you know. She is a primary school teacher. That suggests she teaches at the elementary level where one of the core subjects is English language.

I'm afraid you may just have 'fallen hand' very badly - in the Nigerian lingua - and you have not covered so much in glory, at least to buttress your best teacher assertion.

As to the matter at hand, there are established ways in the civil service to resolve disputes: Teaching Service Commission, Civil Service Commission, and at the extreme, the National Industrial Court.

However, excuses like distance of assignment from residence shouldn't arise, really. It isn't an excuse to be officially considered at all in that line of responsibility. If anything at all, it should be lobbied for, under the table, and not presented as a major issue.

Best wishes.

you claim to be learned yet you don't know how to correct people online, It's shame that people like u have access to phone and Internet.

As for the OP, It will be better if your mum involve higher authorities ....May God see her through.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by kristen12(f): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
Am so sorry for my grammatical blunders, am not just myself right and like I have said earlier my heart is bleeding

Please calm down, I understand how you feel. My mum had problem in her place of work which is a school also and almost lost her life so I can imagine how you feel.

Your mum should understand office politics and how it works, if one isn't careful it can lead to loss of life especially if she doesn't have backup or know people in high places.

Funny enough, you won't imagine the problem going on in schools especially primary schools.

Please go to twitter, make a post and tag organizations and influencers.

Again, this is the best time to make use of prayers because you really need it. It worked for us and will definitely work for you.

Be strong for you mum.

5 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by chival(f): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
Your mum was transferred to another school. She refused to honour the transfer and was suspended for her insubordination. I actually don't see anything unfair in this. That's the way the civil service works. You could be transferred at short notice. It is all part of the package.

6 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by kristen12(f): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

Please calm down, I understand how you feel. My mum had problem in her place of work which is a school also and almost lost her life so I can imagine how you feel.

Your mum should understand office politics and how it works, if one isn't careful it can lead to loss of life especially if she doesn't have backup or know people in high places.

Funny enough, you won't imagine the problem going on in schools especially primary schools.

Please go to twitter, make a post and tag organizations and influencers.

Again, this is the best time to make use of prayers because you really need it. It worked for us and will definitely work for you. I'm waiting to hear good news from you.

Be strong for you mum.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DrTee1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ijaycool:

I admire how you quickly forgave your trespasses, but you were not kind enough to forgive the OPs...
Humans.
Please remove the log in your eyes so you can see clearly to remove the spike in your neighbor's eyes.

Chill hun.

Those weren't 'trespasses' as it were. Twas simply a situation of a missing word and another missing letter in a multiple paragraph missive that would have told of a multitasking respondent.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

I sympathize with your mum and your family.

You however cannot choose for the government where you want to be posted with. The reply for a letter of posting is not a Medical report.

Your mum was sent a posting letter, she didn't act on the letter but sat in a government office expecting that nothing will be done?

Your mum may not be able to win this case. Even Civil servants are posted from Lagos to Enugu, so being posted within the same state shouldn't be a big problem. The only part I cannot comment on is if she was maltreated, and physically abused while evicting her from her office. If she was, you can involve the police to challange that aspect. But not staying put in an office where you have already been transferred.

I sincerely hope thing get resolved, but it can only be done at a table of negotiation and dialogue, and not with open letter, as you dont have much of a case.

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ijaycool:

Hmmm Mr Corrector of English, Course Rep of the English High Academy, you see your own mistakes?
Awon Prof.
Somebody dey wahala, you dey here dey grind grammar.
A excuse ko...

Meanwhile it's heartbreaking how we trivialize people's problem. I swear

cheesy

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by mayemi(m): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
the truth is that she has to obey authority before complaining, what I mean is that she as to collect the letter and report to the other school before she work on the authority to bring her back. but for now let her go complain to relevant authority.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by stchinedu: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
Contact the union

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

Take a deep breath and calm down dear. I am sure a calm mind will find a solution to these problems and not an agitated one.

I am of the opinion that your mother should reach out to TESCOM, Teaching Service Commission, I believe they are called, and tender her case before them in person.

All the best dear. Mothers should be protected always and not made to go through such harsh situations.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Originalsly: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrTee1:

Aside that this story is from one perspective, another huge concern is the grammar: Lexis, structure, tenses, construction.

Her grammar is a huge concern to whom? Readers?...you?

What should concern you is your ignorance on the purpose of this forum. Is it you are suffering from early signs of dementia?... that you are not aware you are no longer in a classroom but in a public forum?....and because her mother is the best teacher she has known it follows that her English must be impeccable? Is this how you reason? Something is wrong with you.

@ topic.... if your mother is transferred....and it's within the power of those in charge to do so... then there is not much she can do about it. She is wrong to not take up the position.... not for the excuses been given... none will wash. She can immediately seek to be transferred to other locations or do so as soon as one is available. But her way will only bring her trouble... let her leave out the gossips.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by BRATISLAVA: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
manneger2:

U should start by editing urs too, leave the girl alone

Edit yours.

If you understood what she posted, you would provide solutions, but instead you're just making noise here. Look at yourself.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DrTee1(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lekison:
you claim to be learned yet you don't know how to correct people online, It's shame that people like u have access to phone and Internet.

As for the OP, It will be better if your mum involve higher authorities ....May God see her through.

No vex. wink

We all learn daily, I guess.

There were significant areas of concern in the originating piece. Nothing is more depressing than the vitiation of the educational system in Nigeria - at least for me.

OP's post and the situation presented screamed all that quite loudly. It might not have been particularly heartwarming to OP to receive my initial critical feedback, which was the first half of my response.

However, it is undeniable that it does address matters of education in Nigeria, especially at its most basic or elementary level, where the matter of interest itself lies.

In the end, I did point OP in the right direction to resolve the conflict. Win-win for everyone, after all.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DrTee1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
Grab a bottle of whatever you drink to cool your nerves.

Life isn't that hard grin cheesy

Originalsly:

Her grammar is a huge concern to whom? Readers?...you?

What should concern you is your ignorance on the purpose of this forum. Is it you are suffering from early signs of dementia?... that you are not aware you are no longer in a classroom but in a public forum?....and because her mother is the best teacher she has known it follows that her English must be impeccable? Is this how you reason? Something is wrong with you.

@ topic.... if your mother is transferred....and it's within the power of those in charge to do so... then there is not much she can do about it. She is wrong to not take up the position.... not for the excuses been given... none will wash. She can immediately seek to be transferred to other locations or do so as soon as one is available. But her way will only bring her trouble... let her leave out the gossips.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Newmans: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
You guys should seek for legal redressed that's all don't take law into your hand.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Smatkomo: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2020
Please follow this advice

franchasng:
cry

Op, go to Twitter, share this story as a thread, tag minister of education, tag presidency, tag SERVICOM, tag your state governor, tag all the necessary authorities and then use trending hash tags and beg Nigerians to retweet it and watch wonders happen.

It works now

Your mom's position will be restored but she must prepare for the spiritual battle that must come after she wins. Wipe your tears and do as I said, God will see your mom through this okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Neddyogu(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
He that must go to equity, must come with clean hands. Ordinarily, ur momma had no legal right to refuse a posting. Citing health challenges and distance is not enough reason.

However, as d SUBEB chairman and co have taken the laws into their hands, u may wanna sue the subeb chairperson for aggrevated assault. Then ur mum on the other hand, should see the state NUT chairperson. Hope ur mum is active with NUT? Bon chançe

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Thirteenblood: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Wow

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by aremuforlife(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
[/quote][quote author=ayoadeifee post=86537778]Am so sorry for my grammatical blunders, am not just myself right and like I have said earlier my heart is bleeding
You don't own anybody an apology.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by greygoblings(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

This doesn't look difficult to read as many people here claim. I think some people just like going with the crowd or the first to indicate difficulty in reading.

Anyway, to the main point. Your mother is wrong to do what she did. She might have not deserved the treatment that she got but she was wrong in refusing to accept a transfer as a civil service worker. Many will do the same as the new head teacher. Nobody will help you in this. Let your mum accept the transfer

3 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Munzy14(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

To be honest your mum is to be blamed for her public harassment. She should av first accepted the posting, report to PPA first. Then file for health challenge and dispatch through appropriate channels.

She is simply being stubborn and somehow cheating the work ethics. That place she is afraid to go, someone's mum or dad has been there for years teaching.

Please let her go and collect her letter and report.
Their must be a reason for the posting. If she is being intimidated, no man is island.

5 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by D1zion: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
GboyegaD:

Your story is quite difficult to read. Please, compose yourself and do all necessary editing to make it readable. I am sure it will help many to profer solutions / contribute their suggestions.
whatever, however since you all know what he or she is trying to say if you don't know how to help or Tue advice to give pls just read & pass.not that you'll all be here to castigate.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by AmaHopeOn: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

Your mum started with the humiliation. That's utter high handedness, and disregard for constituted authorities. She was transferred within a local government, and you talking about health challenges as if she was taken to mars.

Like seriously, is she working for herself, what were you guys expecting by such show of effrontry to refuse being transferred with a filmsy reason alongside.

She was humiliated by allowing that force be used, before she complies to being transferred.

You came to collect sorry, no sorries, she should bear the disciplinary action taken against her. So, cos it is local government level, directives should be treated with disdain. Sorry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Engineering Vs Medicine "which Is More Challenging?" / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.