Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria (1338 Views)

Population Explosion, A Bane Or Boon? / Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari / Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Sarakist: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nigeria Has Got to do Something about Population Explosion in Northern Nigeria

By Ugonna Utulor

February 10, 2020.

The future of this country is already bleak enough but a more precarious catastrophe is the uncontrollable population explosion especially in the north.

It's not rare to see one Hausa/Fulani man who cannot feed 10 people having up to 50 kids. Majority of these kids end up on the streets. They become easy recruits for insurgents. Most others become cattle rearers who today are the dreaded killer herdsmen. Yet others move south and become cobblers, gate men, petty traders, okada riders and yes, criminals.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world because of this. Muhammed Sanusi II, Emir of Kano, was right when boldly stated that marrying many wives and giving birth to many kids was the cause of poverty in the north. No one can feed such population. Even if government decides to put them on some form of welfare, there will never be enough to carter to their needs.

And what more? No one is ready to train these kids. Even though there are not enough schools to train them, some informal and moral education at home would have perhaps made them to be more useful to the society. Instead they're left to learn on their own and they almost always learn the wrong things.

Yet their fathers are still giving birth to more kids.

Just the other day, the leader of the House of Representatives Hon. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa claimed on the floor of the house that he already had 27 kids and still counting! God forbid but prevanture his political opponents decide to assassinate him who will take care of his many kids? It has also emerged that his father has 40 kids.

Senator Abbo Elisha of Adamawa has been reported to have an 11- month old uncle from his step mother.

The north is giving birth to children it cannot feed. And you know what happens when you raise children in hunger? They become angry. They become psychopaths, they kill,  they destroy and they don't care.

The north has to be confronted with this. They have to realize that very soon Boko Haram will be child's play.

The north should support legislation to reduce the number of children that can be fathered by one man and I suggest five.

The north  should speak up because this catastrophe will hit them first. But it won't only affect the north. These kids move south and become a lot of things.

They come south and compete for unavailable resources while also contributing to noise pollution, traffic congestion and heinous crimes.

So southerners should speak up. Mr. Speaker, southerners should speak up. Mr. Speaker you have to show you are powerful. You have to confront this powerful disaster with a powerful bill.

https://ugonnautulor..com/2020/02/nigeria-has-got-to-do-something-about.html

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world because of this.
This just puts me off. Nigeria is not the poverty capital of the world. There are very many countries that are poorer.

However, these children are the wealth of our nation if we could just educate them. We could then sell them all over the world as labour and they can send home foreign currency! (And yes, slaves, before anyone else says it!).

Alternatively, import Corona Virus and kill some of them off. But that would just make us poorer, I think.

So, stick with educate. Both mothers and children. It would be investment for future riches.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
With bokoharam on rampage,they may not have any need to do anything to control it.
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by thesicilian: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
They should do something about the actual explosions first.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
In the North, if u speak good Arabic , quote the Koran offhand, dress in pretentious garbs, you would be more respected than a neurosurgeon or an engineer, that right there is the problem.

It has creeped down south with these god of men and imams from Ilorin

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by gidgiddy: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
I dont know how someone who can barely feed him self will sit down and decide to have 20 children

This one is pure madness

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
I just sidown day look them
As long as it remains in the north, it is non of the southerners business
When this country will be split into parts, that's when they'll know

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
Watamidoinhere:
I just sidown day look them
As long as it remains in the north, it is non of the southerners business
When this country will be split into parts, that's when they'll know

That unfortunately is a myopic way of looking at the impending doom about to befall us.

As long as these kids are Nigerians, they will troop down southwards but with little or no education or skills to hand, they bound to constitute a nuisance factor in our region.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Bambambiglo: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
North will never do anything that will seperate them from their puzzys

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Afolabimills(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Fear north

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by horsepower102: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
I dont know how someone who can barely feed him self will sit down and decide to have 20 children

This one is pure madness

Federal government and oil money gives them hope in life.

They are parasitic in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2020
You have written nothing but the truth... the only truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

This just puts me off. Nigeria is not the poverty capital of the world. There are very many countries that are poorer.

However, these children are the wealth of our nation if we could just educate them. We could then sell them all over the world as labour and they can send home foreign currency! (And yes, slaves, before anyone else says it!).

Alternatively, import Corona Virus and kill some of them off. But that would just make us poorer, I think.

So, stick with educate. Both mothers and children. It would be investment for future riches.

I have been following your comment lately and you come across as a very shallow-minded individual that lacks all the attributes to think properly.

Read what you wrote above and tell me that it makes any form of sense.
Given birth for population case without the resources to take good care of them and make them useful demography in the nation will only create more bandits, criminal and terrorist.

The population explosion in the north is not running anymore and the Yorubas need to start planning to leave this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
T9ksy:

That unfortunately is a myopic way of looking at the impending doom about to befall us.

As long as these kids are Nigerians, they will troop down southwards but with little or no education or skills to hand, they bound to constitute a nuisance factor in our region.

Don't mind some of these so-called shallow-minded southerners that believe they live in some vacuum. Without an independent southerner Nigeria, any problem nursed in the north will be imported to the south and this illiterate almajiri will continue to decide who becomes the president

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
In the North, if u speak good Arabic, quote the Koran offhand, dress in pretentious garbs, you would be more respected than a neurosurgeon or an engineer, that right there is the problem.

It has crept down south with these god of men and imams from Ilorin

It hasn't my friend don't let us go into that.
Trust me an average Ilorin person value education as much as a Yoruba from any south western states. I went to school with lots of them and they sometime outperform Yoruba from other south western state.

I am both from Ondo and Kwara and can tell you that in both of these two places education is taking very seriously. Yoruba value education no matter where they might originate from or they live.

Northern problem is the long effect of the feudal rulers that refused to developed the human capita of the region. The north has a serous social problem that will continue to get worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
I hope so, I remember when I lived in Egba, these alfas from Ilorin would bumb up their speakers and insult everybody like they had tickets to heaven, they were hilarious though
I greet you

myobjective:

It hasn't my friend don't let us go into that.
Trust me an average Ilorin person value education as much as a Yoruba from any south western states. I went to school with lots of them and they sometime outperform Yoruba from other south western state.

I am both from Ondo and Kwara and can tell you that in both of these two places education is taking very seriously. Yoruba value education no matter where they might originate from or they live.

Northern problem is the long effect of the feudal rulers that refused to developed the human capita of the region. The north has a serous social problem that will continue to get worst
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
myobjective:

I have been following your comment lately and you come across as a very shallow-minded individual that lacks all the attributes to think properly.

Read what you wrote above and tell me that it makes any form of sense.
Given birth for population case without the resources to take good care of them and make them useful demography in the nation will only create more bandits, criminal and terrorist.

The population explosion in the north is not running anymore and the Yorubas need to start planning to leave this country.
Of course it does not make sense to you. Its not as if you need to make sure you have resources to take good care of the bastards you give birth to to make them useful. You just give birth to them and hope government takes care of them for you.

Well, since that's the case, and you can't take responsibility for your own bastards, I'm sure you won't mind if we educate them for you and just sell them as slaves instead of letting your bastards become useless bandits, criminals and terrorists!

Its either that or you take responsibility and produce fewer bastards! You choice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
stop talking about explosion,its about telling them to stop giving births to bastards called Almajiris!
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

Of course it does not make sense to you. Its not as if you need to make sure you have resources to take good care of the bastards you give birth to to make them useful. You just give birth to them and hope government takes care of them for you.

Well, since that's the case, and you can't take responsibility for your own bastards, I'm sure you won't mind if we educate them for you and just sell them like slaves instead of letting your bastards become useless bandits, criminals and terrorists!

Its either that or you take responsibility and produce fewer bastards! Your choice.

I don't know how old you are but from the way you talk, you must be retarded to spew out that rubbish above.

Experts all over the world have been saying that northern Nigeria birth rate of over 7.2 as against the national average of 5 or southern Nigeria average of 3.5 is not sustainable because Nigeria is too poor to lift these people out of poverty or to continuously provide infrastructure for the ever exploding population. But in your little mind, there is no problem because some imaginary god will provide them with food and every other basic thing they will need.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
myobjective:

So, you do know that "feudal rulers" refused to develop human capital of the region?

Well, your error is in leaving the development of that human capital to "feudal rulers" despite all the evidence suggesting they intentionally don't educate them so they can more easily exploit them while most down South, and those feudal leaders, educate their own children themselves.

Do note, this exploitation idea began in the Garden of Eden when some so called God kept Adam and Eve ignorant and naked and enslaved exploited or they will die, until very wise Eve heard a so called serpent tell her she will surely not die but become like God if she ate of the fruit of the tree of education, and surely did she not die when she ate the fruit, but became responsible and lived.

It's called not being naive and becoming responsible for your own children and not expecting government to not exploit you and educate you instead. But that understanding is perhaps way beyond your level of understanding I guess.
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
I hope so, I remember when I lived in Egba, these alfas from Ilorin would bumb up their speakers and insult everybody like they had tickets to heaven, they were hilarious though
I greet you

You can just come to that conclusion that they are all from Ilorin. I go to Ilorin yearly and i don't the Muslim behave there differently that those in Ikare ( in Ondo) the most important this is hat people must learn to respect others and respect the peace of others which all Nigeria religious organization fail to do
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sarakist:
Nigeria Has Got to do Something about Population Explosion in Northern Nigeria

By Ugonna Utulor

February 10, 2020.

The future of this country is already bleak enough but a more precarious catastrophe is the uncontrollable population explosion especially in the north.

It's not rare to see one Hausa/Fulani man who cannot feed 10 people having up to 50 kids. Majority of these kids end up on the streets. They become easy recruits for insurgents. Most others become cattle rearers who today are the dreaded killer herdsmen. Yet others move south and become cobblers, gate men, petty traders, okada riders and yes, criminals.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world because of this. Muhammed Sanusi II, Emir of Kano, was right when boldly stated that marrying many wives and giving birth to many kids was the cause of poverty in the north. No one can feed such population. Even if government decides to put them on some form of welfare, there will never be enough to carter to their needs.

And what more? No one is ready to train these kids. Even though there are not enough schools to train them, some informal and moral education at home would have perhaps made them to be more useful to the society. Instead they're left to learn on their own and they almost always learn the wrong things.

Yet their fathers are still giving birth to more kids.

Just the other day, the leader of the House of Representatives Hon. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa claimed on the floor of the house that he already had 27 kids and still counting! God forbid but prevanture his political opponents decide to assassinate him who will take care of his many kids? It has also emerged that his father has 40 kids.

Senator Abbo Elisha of Adamawa has been reported to have an 11- month old uncle from his step mother.

The north is giving birth to children it cannot feed. And you know what happens when you raise children in hunger? They become angry. They become psychopaths, they kill,  they destroy and they don't care.

The north has to be confronted with this. They have to realize that very soon Boko Haram will be child's play.

The north should support legislation to reduce the number of children that can be fathered by one man and I suggest five.

The north  should speak up because this catastrophe will hit them first. But it won't only affect the north. These kids move south and become a lot of things.

They come south and compete for unavailable resources while also contributing to noise pollution, traffic congestion and heinous crimes.

So southerners should speak up. Mr. Speaker, southerners should speak up. Mr. Speaker you have to show you are powerful. You have to confront this powerful disaster with a powerful bill.

https://ugonnautulor..com/2020/02/nigeria-has-got-to-do-something-about.html

Ibo are asked to build bridge and commit to the Nigerian project, but if this Mr Ugonna think this write up is build-bridging he has failed.

He is turning a North problem into a Nigerian problem....why?

This population explosion is a problem for Northern leaders to figure out and resolve, I dont want my people in Yorubaland worrying about population explosion in North or mandated to fund a solution for it.

Let me troubleshoot this writeup...a question for Mr Ugonna...

How should rest of Nigeria feel if Northerners ask for 100billion naira funding to target this irresponsibly tagged "Nigerian problem"?

Allow Northerners to tackle their problem, its not a Nigerian issue.
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
myobjective:

I don't know how old you are but from the way you talk, you must be retarded to spew out that rubbish above.

Experts all over the world have been saying that northern Nigeria birth rate of over 7.2 as against the national average of 5 or southern Nigeria average of 3.5 is not sustainable because Nigeria is too poor to lift these people out of poverty or to continuously provide infrastructure for the ever exploding population. But in your little mind, there is no problem because some imaginary god will provide them with food and every other basic thing they will need.
Really? A god, imaginary or real, will provide them with food and every other basic thing they will need?

You are a liar, myobjective, because it is very obvious that you have not "been following your comment lately" as you claim. If you had been following my comment as you claim you would know that only lazy fuqs wait for manna to fall from heaven so that they may eat and God in fact promised, though cursed, they claim, that "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground", which basically means, lazy fuqs will starve to death!

The way to reduce "birth rate of over 7.2" is educate, educate and educate some more, but know that the feudal lords won't let you so its a war, so please stop telling lies about buda, especially when you misunderstand!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by myobjective: 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

Really? A god, imaginary or real, will provide them with food and every other basic thing they will need?

You are a liar, myobjective because it is very obvious that you have not "been following your comment lately" as you claim. If you had been following my comment as you claim you would know that only lazy faqs wait for manna to fall from heaven so that they may eat and God in fact promised, though cursed, they claim, that "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground", which basically means, lazy faqs will starve to death!

The way to reduce "birth rate of over 7.2" is to educate, educate and educate some more, but know that the feudal lords won't let you so its a war, so please stop telling lies about Buda, especially when you misunderstand!

To begin with, you only educate those who valued and are ready to be educated. I was born in a northern town to uneducated parent, in the same area, there are core northerners, northern minorities and southern minorities with similar economic class with that of my parent. Fast forward 35 years later, here I'm a graduate with better social-economic standing than my parent, which is also through for most of the southerners and ethnic minority that I grew up with but do you know that none of my childhood Hausa-Fulani friend was able to get a tertiary education? Most even struggle to get a secondary school education despite the government making primary and secondary free.

You see the problem is not just to provide education but also to destroy the old age disdain for education that most core northern culture abore for western education. A culture that prompt mediocrity all in the name of religion will continue to breed problem. Northern States on an average have scholarship programs than most northern states. When i was in the university, Sokoto state used to pay 200level engineering student level 6 salaries just to encourage their people to study engineering, i have many beneficiary in my class, most still struggle to get a degree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
myobjective:

To begin with, you only educate those who valued and are ready to be educated.
No! I said its a war, but I think you think I'm kidding?

If I don't educate you even if you don't "value and are ready to be educated", is it not me that your uneducated self will come and be useless bandits, criminals and terrorists to? Is this not what is causing us problems in Nigeria today, a mass of uneducated bandits of criminals and terrorists?

I swear to all the gods in the entire universe and in heaven too that I will force the education inside your head whether you like it or not because if I do not educate you you will become boko haram and fulani herdsman and be bandits, criminals and terrorists to me! But if you refuse education, I have Corona Virus, please note!

It is that education that I force feed you with that will give you the power to rise up and "destroy the old age disdain for education that most core northern culture abore for western education"! Education will also make me not have to sell you off as a useless slave, do note, since you are more likely to be useful and more valuable once educated.

I struckout your "western" because I don't care whether your education is western or eastern or whatever so long as you learn to read and write and use your brain to question the feudal lords who educate their own children but not your's.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Bevista: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

No! I said its a war, but I think you think I'm kidding?

If I don't educate you even if you don't "value and are ready to be educated", is it not me that your uneducated self will come and be useless bandits, criminals and terrorists to? Is this not what is causing us problems in Nigeria today, a mass of uneducated bandits of criminals and terrorists?

I swear to all the gods in the entire universe and in heaven too that I will force the education inside your head whether you like it or not because if I do not educate you you will become boko haram and fulani herdsman and be bandits, criminals and terrorists to me! But if you refuse education, I have Corona Virus, please note!

It is that education that I force feed you with that will give you the power to rise up and "destroy the old age disdain for education that most core northern culture abore for western education"! Education will also make me not have to sell you off as a useless slave, do note, since you are more likely to be useful and more valuable once educated.

I struckout your "western" because I don't care whether your education is western or eastern or whatever so long as you learn to read and write and use your brain to question the feudal lords who educate their own children but not your's.
Your comments sound very radical but you hit the nail right on the head. No need to pander to anyone about the gravity of the problem.

Even Aristotle and Socrates argued that the society (or government if you will) should FORCE education on its citizens else the uneducated ones become a "liability" to everyone else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bevista:
Your comments sound very radical but you hit the nail right on the head. No need to pander to anyone about the gravity of the problem.

Even Aristotle and Socrates argued that the society (or government if you will) should FORCE education on its citizens else the uneducated ones become a "liability" to everyone else.
It is a great pity that many of us have not yet graduated to Aristotle and Socrates yet.

Here is Plato's Republic on Podbeam, for those who might!

Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by Whenwillnigeria: 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
It really doesn't make any sense. For. You guys saying that overpopulation would help the future Nigeria, news flash, it's part of what is hurting Nigeria.
First of all we are overpopulated.
We already have an unemployment issue, making the population increase is going to make us in even worse conditions.
No developed country has overpopulation as a factor.
The hausa and Fulani people tend to not give their children an education. Illiterate children is not going to help the country
All these Fulani herdsmen and ritual killings is caused because of no jobs, no money.

And yes Nigeria is the poverty capital, whether you believe it or not and we are already overpopulated.
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by 24kmagic: 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
K
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by budaatum: 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
budaatum:
Chai! See my State of OSUN at 26.6%!

This is disgraceful! And the ones in school self are being taught by corpers who think banging 14 year olds is part of their allowee!

Next election, people must to wake up! Things must be done about this.

https://www.nairaland.com/5681001/statisense-percentage-out-school-children#86558384
Re: Nigeria Has Got To Do Something About Population Explosion In Northern Nigeria by omowolewa: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
The real issue is the quality of the population, if the large population are of skilled and educated cader, life would be better.

see China and even India, they leverage on their population strength not just for voter's card

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Recruitment 2020 / Time For Igbo Presidency Is 2023 / What A Pathetic Presidential Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.