Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (9351 Views)

Tension Over Likely Clash Between Defence Minister, Service Chiefs / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs / Anthony Ogugua Urges Ekweremadu To Drop His Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kennyblues(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2010
THERE is tension in Anambra State over the Senatorial ambition of the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili. Former member representing Anaocha, Dunukifia and Njikoka George Ozodinobi, who is aspiring for the same position on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), said all candidates for the position must undergo a transparent primary.

Ozodinobi told reporters yesterday in Awka that Mrs Akunyili was coming to reap where she did not sow.

It was learnt Mrs. Akunyili would quit her ministerial position and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to contest the Anambra Central seat on the platform of APGA

Ozodinobi said: "It is surprising that the mouth piece of a government at this critical point is quitting that government to contest in another party.

"The issue of intimidation does not come in. she cannot intimidate me. In terms of political influence, I am far above her. In terms of the party she’s just joining, I am far above her.

"I have been a foundation member of APGA and the first ever APGA elected House of Representatives’ member in Anambra."

On the possibility of her being adopted by the party, Ozodinobi said it would amount to political naivety for the party’s leaders to attempt it.

He said: "The Electoral Act says every party must do primaries. Let there be transparent primary. That’s all I’m asking for. Nobody is above the law, that’s what I’m holding on to tightly. So nobody should be talking about adoption."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/21618.html
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by kleechy: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
well, wonders dey say shall never end in 9ja.wat is she looking for again after serving at different capacity.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kennyblues(m): 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
more money or what do you think?
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
Akunyili has a lot to offer, and she is at liberty to contest on any platform of her choice. In fact, it is better she opts for APGA is is being touted.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by SmashingM(f): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
This woman is money crazy! She had better retire while the ovation is still loud.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Oluwabee(f): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2010
SmashingM:

This woman is money crazy! She had better retire while the ovation is still loud.

I wonder if the oviation is still loud for her. She sholud please just respect herself and bring dignity to her home. my two cents to her undecided
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by godfadda6(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
When Adedibu came out to say Dora was lobbying his support of Ministerial appointement, we say the man don old, he no know wetin him dey talk, sebi una dey see am,

who was foooling who then?

I plegde to Nigeria my country,
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by justokey(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ikwikwikwi link=topic=567975 tongue.msg7332399#msg7332399 date=1292326697:

Akunyili has a lot to offer, and she is at liberty to contest on any platform of her choice. In fact, it is better she opts for APGA is is being touted.

Granted! But what's the story of a serving PDP minister contesting under another party? Is it not the same old story of grab power at all means, even if it means putting ones rep on the line? This ones amazon of a lady has finally joined them! My heart bleeds!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Emperoh(m): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
I just sense fear all over Ozodinobi's statement!!
Whats with reaping where she did not sow, did she steal his mandate?

I thought every nigerian of sound mind and body above 18 years is free to vote and be voted for?
What is Ozodinobi yapping about?
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by JUO(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
she want to spoil her name
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kx: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
JUO:

she want to spoil her name
Thats if it has not been spoilt sinceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by JimmyBoy1: 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
I think we need those who will not necesarily join the band wagon whenever there is an issue that requires fairness,equity and Justice. I am certainly not suggesting that she is an angel , but I put her on the same pedestal with likes of Lamido Sanusi, Fashola and Ribadu.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by bestsales1: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
what is wrong with this? decamping and vieing for a seat, so is she too old or too young to be a senator?
do u guyz think it's easy to leave power not even when you're getting it right,
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nsiman(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
As i think Akunyili is trying to get to NASS to change some 'ugly face' in nigeria's democratic evolution
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Guyman02: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nsiman:

As i think Akunyili is trying to get to NASS to change some 'ugly face' in nigeria's democratic evolution

After failing woefully in her rebranding effort at the ministry of info, she wants to move to the National Assembly and reduce by force the annoying 25.4% of FG budget wey only  them dey chop abi? CAPITAL LIE!!!
The other day she gave an order banning GSM lottery, but today Glo don start another mago mago TEXT AND WIN PROMO to fleece the same gullible Nigerians she wants to go and make laws for at Senate that she is supposed to be protecting from unscropulous network providers. I dont trust any politician in Naija, everyone is after his or her own pocket and not your interest. undecided undecided
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
maybe she is being gagged in PDP

as an APGA senator,she might turn out to be a liberated senator who speaks out on national issues and represents the voice of the down-trodden masses
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by axglide(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
i think it's better for Akunyili not to venture into grassroot politics, it's a dangerous territory - after all the accolades, awards and world recognition; i wonder what she even want's i know she might say she want's to help her people, but the way that APGA man was sounding, it seems it going to be murky
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by oluite(f): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
MrPrsdent:

maybe she is being gagged in PDP

as an APGA senator,she might turn out to be a liberated senator who speaks out on national issues and represents the voice of the down-trodden masses
maybe the former Akinyuli not today's Dora
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by tunyus(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
SmashingM:

i dont know why nigerians just criticise unnecesarily.prof dora i believe has done more good than harm to this nation.nigerians are INGRATE and dat is why God always give us what we deserve,pple like ibb,obj,abacha etc
How dare pple critizise Dora for unenviable record at Nafdac and also during the time when yardua was sick,dis woman stand alone against the so call cabal, pple just seems to av short memory.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by tunyus(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
I wonder if some pple dont support pple like Dora,ribadu,fashola,el-rufai,okonjo,sanusi lamido.i wonder who dey will support may those fools will support.atiku,ibb,obj,saraki,tinubu and all other broadday light thief dat are milking nigeria economy dry
PROF DORA, pls carry on it is technocrat like you that we want in the senate.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by donobi(m): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
what are u people saying, do u think she is not interested in the NASS loot of 25.4% where nobody can probe them or review their money, what she just need to do is seat down and say yea or nay without working, all what she has to do is support any motion that ill increase their money.
 may God deliver this nation from vibers.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by bisiaet: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
But please posters I have be asking this question over and over, for God sake "What has Dora done wrong that people just hated this woman so much"? Please can naybody in the house help me because I had follwed this woman all the way till date I never find her wanting in any bad record or atitude so what is her offence?

Either she want to contest for anything or not in as far she is a Nigerian she has the right to the fullest so what is the big deal for contesting does contesting mean winning the ticket? She is free to do whatever she decided to do with her career or her life this IS nobody problem. If people can still say it in this house that Atiku of all people is the best and more experience to be next president so why cant Dora who has never be under looting investigation or ban for stealing not contest and walk freely?

Iam not that much her fan but she is human like everyone of us and to me this woman as done nothing wrong to get this kind of reward from people she is a woman of courage and a performer please let all her critics slow down a bit. This woman in everyway she is an honoured woman of intergrity. This is my view . No offense!!!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nsiman(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ guyman02, like that banning of lottery by gsm service providers, if there is no legislative backing (the law establishing gsm service providers) banning that it can't be enforced.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by uchemanga(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerian, I mean naira-landers really get wahala -persimism.
We all know Mrs Dora is good at least she stil has a heart of flesh.
We've always prayed for good people to go in to politics as politics itself is not dirty but the players in Nig are not clean.
She is really making a selfless sacrifice steping into the race.
Go Dora U have ma prayers!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by crackhouse(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nsiman:

is that what u think?. i think maybe she have sensed that there will be no appointment for her again in govt after next year's election, so she trying to find her way on time before it's too late.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by crackhouse(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nsiman:

is that what u think?. i think maybe she have sensed that there will be no appointment for her again in govt after next year's election, so she is trying to find her way on time before it's too late.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Serendipity: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
Whats up
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2010
crackhouse:

is that what u think?. [size=13pt]i think maybe she have sensed that there will be no appointment for her again in govt after next year's election, so she is trying to find her way on time before it's too late.[/size]

You are probably not far from the truth. We have seen this sort of thing happen so many times before.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Xstrataco: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
what this incoherent administration did to this amazon is a sample of what will happen to the Igbos if GEJ is allowed to continue beyond may 2011,the truth is that a core niger delta man hates the Igbo more than any other tribe in Nigeria today and i want to faulted on this.I am amazed by a group of self serving,irresponsible,stupid and insane so called 'Igbo leaders' who is said to have endorsed GEJ with a cache that he will support the Igbo in 2015,i wonder why some pple can be so blinded from reality,well not so surprised that their spokesperson is Martin Elechi,an epitome/embodiment of incompetence,inaction and frivolity.lets assume that GEJ as desperate as he is now accepts the deal,but how can he enforce it?can he ever sacrifice his unbridled ambition for second term come 2015?what of Sambo,who seems to be the real power behind the throne,so what happens to him?how can this foolish 'leaders' canvass for the position at that time since they've supported the dishonouring of a written PDP agreement now? i call on all patriotic Igbos to denounce this selfish pple and work hard to enlighten our pple at grassroots whom this usurpers loathe but claim to speak for.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Fidelo726: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
Most times I wonder what some NL really want. A nation without a government or a state/nation without representatives. Every politician is painted black so, who then should lead us.
If you complain that she is leaving the PDP to APGA, what do you expect her to do.
Oshiomole decided to contest for governorship in Edo state under the platform of the Action Congress because according to him he needed a platform where he can achieve his mandate which he did using the AC instead of the Labour Party.
The lady is definitely one of the best we have around and so should be given full support by every Nigerian.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
crackhouse:

is that what u think?. [size=13pt]i think maybe she have sensed that there will be no appointment for her again in govt after next year's election, so she is trying to find her way on time before it's too late.[/size]

You are probably not far from the truth. We have seen this sort of thing happen so many times before.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Emmacarnegie(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
Prof. Dora has every constitutional right 2 contest 4 an election,she is de kind of politician needed in nigeria who can distinguish fact from fiction. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"How APC Removed PDP From Power" - Oyegun / Oludare Agbi Is Dead! Former Nigerian Ambassador To Greece Dies At 73 / Ondo State Speaker, Deputy Impeached Over Gross Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.