Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) (37535 Views)

Multiple Taxation, Port Gridlocks, Over-Regulation Hurting Manufacturing - CEOs / Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36bn This Week / China Coronavirus: Apple Temporarily Closes All 42 Stores In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by mclorenzo(m): 6:57am On Feb 11, 2020
Charleys:
Corona Virus is a blessing in disguise
How?
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Fragility6: 7:15am On Feb 11, 2020
masterflowx:

God have mercy on us
In mercy we plead oh Lord.

Pls bring this epidemic to an end.
For a country dat does not regard God. Mk we see who dem wan pray to save dem from diz mess... Even US wit all its gay, lesbian n other irritating laws still regard God na china wan form egbon. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 11, 2020
There is nothing that china have that the USA cant manufacture but there are things the USA have that china can't dream of.
This outbreak can't and will never have any effect on USA economic. One idi ot was even trying to please him self that the USA economic is already in recession(illiterate). The last time I check the dow and other USA stock were doing very great. So, idio t tell me, where do the recession come from.? Stop being bitter ass
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by I888(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Churning out products like iphone? Apple owns the iphone and Apple is an American company. iphone is not a chinese product, so they did not churn it out please.
shut up. You feel irritated for seeing China make those devices after calling them chinko and fake.

What many of you ignoramus don't know is that a lot of American products are made in China because of cheap labour.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Bahddo(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2020
Abfinest007:
i wish d coronavirus will be as fake as china product
China products are fake? Coming from someone whose country cannot manufacture anything useful, this is funny.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by masterflowx(m): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2020
Fragility6:

For a country dat does not regard God. Mk we see who dem wan pray to save dem from diz mess... Even US wit all its gay, lesbian n other irritating laws still regard God na china wan form egbon. Nonsense

You're right.
Honestly, their leaders really messed with themselves not God because God is indispensable that no one can mess with.

But at the same time, God's mercies endure forever.

The virus is epidemic which means it can spread beyond the host nation. So, for the sake of others innocent nations God should please forgive them.

Australia just recorded about 20 cases and we haven't heard of their government locking any worship center up before.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by DAVE5(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2020
olaztek:
Nigerians should brace up as available products would become expensive if the virus is not contained sooner.

They are getting expensive already

Some goods I bought has increased by about 1000 and 1500 each respectively already and that's because it's still available in the market, but if this virus stays further, the price could double or triple, sad part is I currently don't enough funds to stock those items in large quantities cos they're a necessity for my business but we go weather the storm

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Churning out products like iphone? Apple owns the iphone and Apple is an American company. iphone is not a chinese product, so they did not churn it out please.
Apple's largest manufacturering and assembly plant Foxconn is located in Shenzen, China. Check the back of your iPhone and iPad, you're very likely to see assembled in China.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Roon9(m): 7:40am On Feb 11, 2020
SocialJustice:
Saw on BBC that cases appeared in Europe in people who haven't been to China recently. I pray it doesn't find its way to Africa, we are not prepared for this.

Scary scary
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Openbusiness: 7:46am On Feb 11, 2020
grossintel:
Apple's largest manufacturering and assembly plant Foxconn is located in Shenzen, China. Check the back of your iPhone and iPad, you're very likely to see assembled in China.
Riddle me this: is the factory owned by China / Chinese company or Apple / American company? Maybe if you answer that correctly then you will know it is Apple churning out iphones in China, not China churning out iphones.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Adebowalay(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2020
If this thing venture enter naija...e don bezzu b dat ooo
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by crowther15(m): 8:04am On Feb 11, 2020
What a measure by the government to alleviate pains inflicted by the virus.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by DAVE5(m): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2020
chukxie:

"If"...you said. But neither Japan nor Germany has half the natural and human resources China has. Your argument ends there.
The only country that could have rivalled China is India. But unfortunately India's social caste system has effectively banished millions of dalit (untouchables) people to perpetual poverty by restricting them from engaging in white and blue jobs If the hundreds of millions of dalits were allowed to works in factories I'm convinced India would be able to produce cheap goods like China is doing.

China plays a pivotal role in the production process of iPhone, and thousands of other items. I'm sure you've heard of Chinese-based-Taiwanese-owned company called Foxxcom. If you haven't, you should Google it. Ever wondered why iPhones are not assembled in North America? Cost! They'd be too expensive to make. That's where China comes in by providing much cheaper labour. You get it? That's why China is #1 when it comes to FDI. Just yesterday, Foxxcom pleaded with the Chinese government to allow it open its factories, the Chinese government refused citing the potential risks of returning workers spreading the Coronavirus.

You spoke my mind about the "if" part, china was able to outgrow their babysuit and put themselves to good use

But remember me ohh, I be Nigerian, my country is blessed in abundance with too many natural resources and I choose to wallow in poverty in poverty because I want to drink "oil"

One day the oil go dey up
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by DAVE5(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2020
teejet:

NONE!

WORLD ECONOMIES ARE ALL AT RISK.

CHINA CONTRIBUTES 16℅ TO THE

WORLD GDP! THAT'S ENOUGH TO

MAKE THE WORLD SNEEZE WHEN

CHINA COUGHS!

16% of world gdp

Wow, that some serious statistics ohh

Meanwhile my dear country with all the natural resources and human man power has nothing to show for what God gave us freely

Thanks, I learnt something new today, that's if ur stat of 16% is correct, I'll have to confirm that and ensure I'm carrying correct info
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Riddle me this: is the factory owned by China / Chinese company or Apple / American company? Maybe if you answer that correctly then you will know it is Apple churning out iphones in China, not China churning out iphones.
Of course Apple owns Foxconn, but most Apple products are manufactured and assembled in China its that simple. Don't try to twist it.

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by chukxie(m): 9:17am On Feb 11, 2020
DAVE5:

You spoke my mind about the "if" part, china was able to outgrow their babysuit and put themselves to good use

But remember me ohh, I be Nigerian, my country is blessed in abundance with too many natural resources and I choose to wallow in poverty in poverty because I want to drink "oil"

One day the oil go dey up

Notice how the world is shifting from fossil fuels to electric? Since our leaders no gree use the oil money better our lives, build infrastructures, improve transportation infrastructures, build school, creat jobs creat innovative industries, diversify its economy.. very soon we go all begin drink our oil. We're the largest black nation on earth; with some of the brightest brains yet our leaders dey dull person. Na Ogun go kpai them.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by OnyesomJ(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2020
May CoronaVirus Locates Those Causing Havoc In This Country And Sponsors!!!!

Say Amen if You Agrees
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by chukxie(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Fragility6:

The average American doesn't believe in God. So, you think God is using the Coronavirus to punish China? China, even though it is officially an atheist nation is hundred times more advanced than Nigeria. Its people have more money than we have. They live longer. They're much more educated, innovative than we are. The average traditional Chinese person finds it difficult to lie, to take what isn't his; and is considerate. Unlike religious Nigerians who kill, maim, cheat, steal, corrupt without batting an eyelid. If God's punishing the Chinese, may I ask you who's punishing us with poverty, backwardness, Boko Haram, herdsmen, kidnappers, chronic power failure...?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by chukxie(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2020
grossintel:
Of course Apple owns Foxconn, but most Apple products are manufactured and assembled in China its that simple. Don't try to twist it.

Apple owns Foxconn? Chai! That's a big lie.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group and better known as Foxconn, is a Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing company with its headquarters in Tucheng, New Taipei, Taiwan. Today, it is the world's largest provider of electronics manufacturing services and the fourth-largest information technology company by revenue. The company is the largest private employer in Taiwan and one of the largest employers worldwide. Its founder and chairman is Terry Gou.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by MrCuteking(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2020
FrMbaka:

Worst have come and gone

God is a joke
And you are a joker
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by na2016: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Factory is in China my dear. iPhones are churned out of Chinese factories.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by happiness4ever(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2020
Amen
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Everyone go dey alright las las!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by DAVE5(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2020
chukxie:

Notice how the world is shifting from fossil fuels to electric? Since our leaders no gree use the oil money better our lives, build infrastructures, improve transportation infrastructures, build school, creat jobs creat innovative industries, diversify its economy.. very soon we go all begin drink our oil. We're the largest black nation on earth; with some of the brightest brains yet our leaders dey dull person. Na Ogun go kpai them.

Ogun go surely kpai them

I don't want to speak anything that radiates my hate for this govt yet, but I know one day their cups would fill and we would take back our power from them

There has never been a unified outcry against Nigerian govt, but once it happens, that would be the end of naija's problem
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by DAVE5(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2020
OnyesomJ:
May CoronaVirus Locates Those Causing Havoc In This Country And Sponsors!!!!

Say Amen if You Agrees

Careful what you pray for brother

Remember say if e affect them, e go surely permeate to other innocent citizens as well

You and I share a hate for the government, maybe my hate is more than yours, we would cease our power from them soon, but make coronavirus no catch them cos that one fit backfire to me and you
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by chukxie(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2020
DAVE5:

Ogun go surely kpai them

I don't want to speak anything that radiates my hate for this govt yet, but I know one day their cups would fill and we would take back our power from them

There has never been a unified outcry against Nigerian govt, but once it happens, that would be the end of naija's problem

It's sad, man. Really sad! All the best, bro.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Shaprara: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=CanadaOrBust post=86546034]

With cities on lock down, what do you think happens to the companies in China that benefit from the cheap labour, don't you think they will consider moving to Taiwan, Thailand and tilt production and supply chain if the situation in China remain as it is.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by einsteine(m): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
FrMbaka:

iPhone are assembled in China not made in China,

If you have one you check it

Foxconn makes the iphone. They are made in China. Of course, components are gotten from various countries (which is why the phrase "assembled" is used).

The only thing about the iphone done in America is design. The screens are made in Korea. However, the entire assembling of all components is done in China (over 70% of the manufacturing cost), so we can say it is made in China.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by einsteine(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
FrMbaka:

You're ignorant

And you are stupid.

The phrase "made in" can be used once over 70% of manufacturing cost is expensed in a country. That is why IVM cars are made in Nigeria despite the fact that many of the components are imported.

You are the ignorant stupid one.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by paulstrings(m): 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
You could have used data visualization to explain this long post..

Perhaps I should do it sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Fragility6: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
chukxie:

The average American doesn't believe in God. So, you think God is using the Coronavirus to punish China? China, even though it is officially an atheist nation is hundred times more advanced than Nigeria. Its people have more money than we have. They live longer. They're much more educated, innovative than we are. The average traditional Chinese person finds it difficult to lie, to take what isn't his; and is considerate. Unlike religious Nigerians who kill, maim, cheat, steal, corrupt without batting an eyelid. If God's punishing the Chinese, may I ask you who's punishing us with poverty, backwardness, Boko Haram, herdsmen, kidnappers, chronic power failure...?
Where in my comment did i say God was punishing den with Corona? We all have problems as humans weda Christians or not. But there ar some problems dat requires divine help from God or Allah or wateva religion but to totally ignore dat religion doesn't exist is something else.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by CanadaOrBust: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
Shaprara:
With cities on lock down, what do you think happens to the companies in China that benefit from the cheap labour, don't you think they will consider moving to Taiwan, Thailand and tilt production and supply chain if the situation in China remain as it is.

Well Taiwan is China and Thailand is only 70million compared to China’s 1.4 BILLION
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by CanadaOrBust: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
einsteine:

Foxconn makes the iphone. They are made in China. Of course, components are gotten from various countries (which is why the phrase "assembled" is used).

The only thing about the iphone done in America is design. The screens are made in Korea. However, the entire assembling of all components is done in China (over 70% of the manufacturing cost), so we can say it is made in China.

So why did China quickly ban iPhone when US banned Huwei? Just asking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Delists Loan Apps, Vows More Clampdowns / Importing From China / Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.