Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army (2689 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: 'If It Was Wike That The CSP Disobeyed..' - Reno Reacts / IPOB Invades Shops Of Those Who Disobeyed Sit-At-Home Order, Scatters Goods / We Swore Oaths To Die Mysteriously If We Disobeyed Kanu - Arrested IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Limitednow: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
The Nigerian Army has blamed victims of Boko Haram attack in Auno, a village 25 kilometers away from the main town of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

The military stated this while reacting to the accusation by the state governor, Babagana Zulum, that they were to be blamed for the attack that is reported to have claimed the lives of over 30 citizens.

Mr Zulum in blaming the military said the incident occurred due to the withdrawal of military personnel from the affected area.

“Since my inauguration as the governor of Borno State from May 29th to date, Auno town has been attacked for about six times now. And the reason is that the military has withdrawn from Auno town,” the governor said in anger when he visited the scene of the attack.

“We have made repeated plea to the military to re-establish a base in Auno since it is one of the flashpoints of the Boko Haram, but nothing has been done to that effect,” he added.

A military commander who was with the governor during the visit attempted to argue that soldiers were on ground in the area but the governor rebuffed him that “no you were not here.”

“Please we are not here to fight or argue; the fact is that nobody was here.

“There were no soldiers here; they have all withdrawn. We are not being confrontational or undermining the capacity of the Nigerian military, but the fact is that we have made several attempts for the Nigeria military to establish their unit in Auno but nothing was done.

“As soon as it is 5 o’clock and they closed up their gate, they abandon the people and move over to Maiduguri. You have to tell us if you are willing to establish your unit in Auno or not.

“If you are not willing to ask your soldiers to relocate and establish their unit in Auno so that the people here can return and live their normal lives, you can tell us, so that we can know what to do as government,” he said.

Read More: https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/victims-of-boko-haram-attack-in-borno-disobeyed-our-directive-army/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by gredenco1(m): 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
Soldiers close by 5pm leaving civilians at the mercy of Boko Haram.....
it's alright..
Enjoy the change...
RIP to the dead

13 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Eagleboney(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2020
This governor is really trying,
but he should take caution how he visit those war scene oo cause terrorists may have laid ambush ,
to avoid stories that touch,
keep it up sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
To all the Northerners, Imagine if the battalion stationed in Abia was here in Borno.

Your lives are the cheapest in Nigeria.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Jobabori(m): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
God protect Prof Zulum for us. He is taken risk by visiting those flash points. Nigerians should pray not to loose this people oriented governor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by ZZ22: 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
Eagleboney:
but he should take caution how he visit those war scene oo cause terrorists may have laid ambush ,
keep it up sir
the governor should be cautious while those that live there should be abandoned because the are lesser human to the governor or perhaps their lives don't matter.
Any day a governor is afraid to visit an inch of any place he governs should be the day he resign

11 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Eagleboney(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
ZZ22:
the governor should be cautious while those that live there should be abandoned because the are lesser human to the governor or perhaps their lives don't matter.
Any day a governor is afraid to visit an inch of any place he governs should be the day he resigns
did I say he should abandon them,
I said he should be careful when visiting them

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Racoon(m): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
Prof.Zullum is just providing responsible leadership like Seyi Makinde of Oyo State.These governors are just identifying with the plight of their people.

Meanwhile, why is the army denying their absence on the scene of attack & blaming the poor bereaved community? For what nah or BH attacks started today?
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by misreal(m): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thats a flash point zone.the personnel of the nigerian military also have families.seeing that, their weapons are not good, they left the place.abi who want die
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by subtlemee(f): 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
the Boko boys know exactly when to strike as they get first hand information from the military itself....if you are related to me and you decide to join army I disown you,this country is not worth it

Saboteurs everywhere

10 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by ZZ22: 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
Eagleboney:
that carefulness shouldn't be for when he is visiting alone it should be extended that everyone is safe and secured.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Okoroawusa: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
misreal:
Thats a flash point zone.the personnel of the nigerian military also have families.seeing that, their weapons are not good, they left the place.abi who want die
Stop this...
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Racoon(m): 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
subtlemee:
The Boko boys know exactly when to strike as they get first hand info from the military itself.If you are related to me and you decide to join army I disown you,this country is not worth it.Saboteurs everywhere
Well said dearie.Nothing far from the reality & truth.

3 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Eagleboney(m): 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
ZZ22:
that carefulness shouldn't be for when he is visiting alone it should be extended that everyone is safe and secured.
Nigerian army are the ones that needs this words of admonition,not the governor
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by AgentNairaland(f): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
allahu akbaru

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by eagleu: 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Signs and symptoms of a bad society:

1. Army blames victims of terrorism
2. Doctors blame sick patients
3. Teachers blame uneducated pupils
4. Government blames citizens for lack of leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Enwhen(m): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
Jobabori:
God protect Prof Zulum for us. He is taken risk by visiting those flash points. Nigerians should pray not to loose this people oriented governor.

Attack who ??

U won't understand ..but to.be Frank with u

Nigerian Army has lost many soldiers in Auno,....they have asked the people.of.auno.to.leave bit they refuse .....Boko Haram are angry because Baba Buhari said of.recent that he has reduce the influence of Boko Haram in the north east, thats what angered them, there ate many attack, even in maidugiri - damaturu road ....
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by newsgerian: 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Misleading topic . How did the victims disobey army directives ?

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by davillian(m): 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
I tire o
I just tire....
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by jlinkd78(m): 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
Boko Haram that has been technically defeated? In a haste propaganda pattern to sustain their lies of having defeated d insurgents, d Nigeria Military withdrew from sensitive flashpoint of attacks across d ravaged areas. My respect for this Professor governor for being charismatic and for confronting d military with d hard truth that they were AWOL around d attacked point beyond 5pm

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by MetaPhysical: 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
To all the Northerners, Imagine if the battalion stationed in Abia was here in Borno.

Your lives are the cheapest in Nigeria.

I love this post!

6 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by MetaPhysical: 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
subtlemee:
the Boko boys know exactly when to strike as they get first hand information from the military itself....if you are related to me and you decide to join army I disown you,this country is not worth it

Saboteurs everywhere

True word!
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 11, 2020
I like this Zulum and the way he calls the bluff of fools.
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by leksite120(m): 12:06am On Feb 11, 2020
Eagleboney:
keep it up sir
Lol, terorrists won't kill such a person. Have u ever wondered , since these people said they're fighting for sharia, they should have gone to bomb aso rock and even kill the State Governor, but no, because they're political, they're sponsored to achieve some goals and political power, not for religion. I just pray no matter where all those terrorists and people sponsoring them are, they shall never have a good end, if they're still on this same land we are, and drinking the same water we drink and also sleep like we do, and breathe the same air we breathe, they shall be exposed and suffer terribly in this world.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by GamalNasser: 12:17am On Feb 11, 2020
Maidugri has a gate that closes to all travellers by 5 in the evening just like Troy ..when we said Buhari will drag this country to the stone age we know what we are saying ..if you are coming to Maidugri and anything makes your vehicle not to make into Maidugri by 5 the Army will lock you out on the road and leave to the mercy of Boko Haram till 8 am the next day..this is the same Borno Buhari says he has completely chased Boko Haram out of

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2020
Eagleboney:
your type are the reason black man is continuing in slavery.

Always being Coward to evil politicians
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 11, 2020
leksite120:
Lol, terorrists won't kill such a person. Have u ever wondered , since these people said they're fighting for sharia, they should have gone to bomb aso rock and even kill the State Governor, but no, because they're political, they're sponsored to achieve some goals and political power, not for religion. I just pray no matter where all those terrorists and people sponsoring them are, they shall never have a good end, if they're still on this same land we are, and drinking the same water we drink and also sleep like we do, and breathe the same air we breathe, they shall be exposed and suffer terribly in this world.
over 30,000 innocent souls are crying because their life was cut short by BH.

The unrest in the world right now is beyond the physical
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by nairalandankrah: 12:30am On Feb 11, 2020
The troops are in abia state

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by BlackfireX: 2:01am On Feb 11, 2020
In Nigeria soldier closes by 5.

Please fela should blow the trumpet if no angel is ready to

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 11, 2020
They will sha say something
Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by XANDERBOY85: 2:51am On Feb 11, 2020
gredenco1:
Soldiers close by 5pm leaving civilians at the mercy of Boko Haram.....
it's alright..
Enjoy the change...
RIP to the dead

In a volatile and terrorist-ridden area, once it's 5pm, soldiers close gate and clock-off for the day! undecided

You couldn't make it up! Only in Naija!

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Boko Haram Attack In Borno Disobeyed Our Directive – Army by Kingspin(m): 4:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Ñigerian government and army are Bokoharam

(1) (2) (Reply)

A New Militant Group, ‘biafran Motherland Warrior’, Has Emerged In The Imo State / Throwback Picture: Tinubu, Atiku And Late Ooni Of Ife / The Nigeria Army Reportedly Gundown Ballot Box Snatcher In Ayingba Kogi(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.