Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies (36393 Views)

Six Companies Get Licences To Distribute Power / Capital Importation To Manufacturing Sector Rises 88.2% To $861 Million / Timipre Sylva: Fuel Importation To End By 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Caymen: 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Even if true, I know you haven't boycotted beef since you started your campaign against Fulani.

Every day, you request for Tozo as if your life depends on it.
[/s]
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by West2019(m): 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
PNG the most useless company milk in Nigeria I swear I wish I'm the president of Nigerian I will close that company , slavery job in the stupid company
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Eborty(m): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kingpele:
embarassed please don't wail here if u don't understand what CBN just did, milk is an important commodity we all consume and should not be all comers affairs... These selected ones already have their own farms here, so they know the rudiments of the business, with time they will cut down importation of these milk cus their farms would be fully operational
Thank GOD, someone with a good sense of reasoning and understanding is here. Bros. even with this your simplest explaination some people will still not understand, and will continue wailling and posting horrible comments. Thanks

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Caymen: 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Liar.
[/s]
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by joeluv: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
This is rubbish as far as I am concerned. Free market is always the best.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by nedekid: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kingpele:
embarassed please don't wail here if u don't understand what CBN just did, milk is an important commodity we all consume and should not be all comers affairs... These selected ones already have their own farms here, so they know the rudiments of the business, with time they will cut down importation of these milk cus their farms would be fully operational
"important commodity"
In the 80ties during buharis military rule it was called "essential commodities".
Same old, same old.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by joeluv: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
And you restrict to only 6 companies. What sort of policy is that.
Eborty:
Thank GOD, someone with a good sense of reasoning and understanding is here. Bros. even with this your simplest explaination some people will still not understand, and will continue wailling and posting horrible comments. Thanks
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by hmohammed(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
omowolewa:
Monopoly is not good for the economy

Kare

Just say you don't understand, simple!
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Eborty(m): 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
joeluv:
And you restrict to only 6 companies. What sort of policy is that.
Now please tell the rest of the companies to invest in the CBN Backward integration program which tends to create job for you and me.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Caymen: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

What of oligopoly?
[/s]
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Yankee101: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
That's technically monopoly
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by ProtectMyMoney: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
selemempe:
Chi belongs to dangote and most of those companies are northern owned

Chi belongs to Lebanese with Nigerians as figure heads.

All the Companies listed by CBN are foreign owned with few Nigerians onboard so as to pass through regulations
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Anambralstson: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
selemempe:
Chi belongs to dangote and most of those companies are northern owned
Ignorant is a serious disease, Chi is Indian company, almost all are foreign firms

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by legba1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
Over time, we have proved dumb and lazy. All we do is criticize and criticize.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by obama30: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
rodeo0070:
https://brandspurng.com/2020/02/11/cbn-restricts-milk-importation-to-six-companies/

whenever Norths are in power that's exactly what happens. Dangote was only one with license to import rice, sugar, cement and vegetable until Obasanjo come in power and cancel the arrangement and allow all Nigerians that are capable to import all this thing to obtain license and make importation. is not new that the same people that want to take others land and give the Fulanis in the name of RUGA and milk production is now given Milk importation license to their family members or friends and restrict thousands of Nigeria from importing the same thing. Now only 6 company will import milk that will be use buy over 200 million people tell me why the importers can't be extra rich, and why poverty can't continue in the nation when only six people allow to feed 200 million. this importation of the milk suppose to be ban than allow others to import with hope they will start producing without electricity in future.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by BanevsJoker(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
BitCraftman:
This is a forced system and not a open one. They are giving forex to importers with diary farm capable of producing milk with the hope that they would eventually grow their milk output to stop the import as time goes and the released forex is reduced. It looks strategic but I smell the usual pady-pady arrangement that ruins thins in Nigeria.
E be thins.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by BanevsJoker(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

I stopped eating beef since 2016 and will not buy again till Buhari leaves that seat , I eat only fish and chicken cuts these days .
Awesome stuff.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by djohnson(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
Since 2015 i register on nairaland this is my first time of login show me love with likes ;DSince 2015 i register on nairaland this is my first time of login show me love with likes

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by chloride6: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
The CBN cannot do this...

We are a capitalism...

This is absolutely wrong..
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2020
GamalNasser:
I thought dull Buhari said his fulani cattles could provide milk for country why this policy somersault again grin grin very stupid govt

Lmao.

The man is wasting Nigerians time.

Ghana, Nigeria's closest neighbor is among the fastest growing economies in the world.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
ghen ghen! enter the monopoly, milk will be expensive in 2020.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
BanevsJoker:

Awesome stuff.

is it chicken laps or feet?
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Legendguru: 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
ohhh
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by MakeMoves: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
You see now, if all our cows weren’t roaming around the country, we could milk them for national consumption and probably export. The herders are loosing potential revenue, and the country foreign exchange. Lose lose, because some don’t deem right to update methods.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by sniperr007(m): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
Okoroawusa:
These companies have shown readiness to set up diary farms

If you are correct.
Its a good thing.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by wellmax(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

[s]You are gullibly ignorant , do you know how much I make from Friesland Campina every year? Shut up when people that know what's happening are talking keep quiet and learn ..So you know how long Buhari has been forcing them to buy his fulani milk ? Do you know the first meeting Buhari had as president was with officials of Friesland Campina? To compel them to buy his fulani milk ..do you know that since last year's the CBN closed the forex window on all milk importers including theses 6 mentioned up there and have seen it was not sustainable as the useless fulani cattles had nothing to offer and this is a safe face measure , are all the 6 there not responsible for 99 percent of milk exports into the country ? I am sure you think most of these powder milk is actually milk? grin grin. Oh you are a learner[/s]

Total gilbberish. What has what you make from Friesland has to do with this. I won't go telling you my connection with Friesland running several years. You know nothing. Or refuse to acknowledge good things as s result of hatred.

Do you know about Friesland move in the North and in Iseyin in Oyo state? You stay there spewing trash. You know more than all at CBN. Even the affected companies are not crying. You sit behind a phone and talk trash.

CBN never closed Forex access for milk, restriction is not total closure. This is the same mistake your madam Ibi is making.

Wondered why Friesland and others see complying but internet warriors think everything dairy is Fulani.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by obazie(m): 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
Why this segregation? If u are stopping the importation then do it absolutely and dont try to favour a few of your friends. remember you are president of both the rich and poor and the head of all tribes. This is why trump calls Nigeria shit hole country..look at sanwolu he didnt stop non registered okada an allow registered ones to operate. He stopped them all.so lets please be rational for the sake of posterity.
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by UltraSphinx(m): 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
selemempe:
most of those companies are northern owned
are you being sarcastic??
or you just want to show us the other side of ur brain
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by Poanan: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
wellmax:

Total gilbberish. What has what you make from Friesland has to do with this. I won't go telling you my connection with Friesland running several years. You know nothing. Or refuse to acknowledge good things as s result of hatred.

Do you know about Friesland move in the North and in Iseyin in Oyo state? You stay there spewing trash. You know more than all at CBN. Even the affected companies are not crying. You sit behind a phone and talk trash.

CBN never closed Forex access for milk, restriction is not total closure. This is the same mistake your madam Ibi is making.

Wondered why Friesland and others see complying but internet warriors think everything dairy is Fulani.

What do you know about bidding and form M?
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by JimCrane30(m): 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
This year, the government seems to be taking a strange position on the means of survival of the average man. The affected proletariat are still pinning of the loss of a means of livelihood in the ban of tricycle and motorcycle, next, the government just banned milk export. In as much as the purpose is to achieve economic sustenance, businesses have been affected and so may employment.

We really can tell what this government can come up with at the break of day. We don't know the sector of the society their next target is.

Who will defend the average man. Government should apply considerable palliatives before shutting down a system, else....
Re: CBN Restricts Milk Importation To Six Companies by JimCrane30(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
This year, the government seems to be taking a strong position on the means of survival of the average man. The affected proletariat are still pinning over the loss of a means of livelihood in the ban of tricycle and motorcycle, next, the government just banned milk import. In as much as the purpose is to achieve economic sustenance, businesses have been affected and so may employment.

We really can tell what this government can come up with at the break of everyday. We don't know the sector of the society their next target is.

Who will defend the average man. Government should apply considerable palliatives before shutting down a system, else....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump Gushes About Meeting Chibok Girls In The US (Photos) / Kanu Nwankwo & Nollywood Actors Play Novelty Match For Ihedioha's Inauguration / The Moment Peter Obi Arrived At The Venue Of ICAN Annual Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.