Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

The Lover You Never Knew - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lover You Never Knew (534 Views)

The Lover Indoor (18+) / The Lover Next Door II / If Only She Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lover You Never Knew by Sommypan(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
You open your WhatsApp, wanting to quickly reply the messages that must have come in during the night. The sheer number of messages weakens you instantly; they are mostly your customers who want you to either supply them with wigs or make some for them. As you reply, typing fast and mechanically, a message comes into your class' group chat: there will be a quiz today. You groan loudly; this is not how you want your day to go. But thankfully, you read the lecturer's handouts yesterday, so you are prepared.

Just as you are about to close your WhatsApp and start preparing for school, you see the message from a new number:

YOU ARE MY WOMAN. TODAY, I'LL MAKE YOU MINE. TODAY I'LL MAKE LOVE TO YOU.

You know who the person is—Stanley, your ex boyfriend. Ever since you broke up with him, he has been on your neck, calling you incessantly and pleading for forgiveness, but you do not see yourself being with him. Not after you walked into him and your coursemate banging their brains off.

So you decide to ignore him and went into the bathroom. As you shower, you try to prepare your mind for the quiz, but the annoying message keeps flashing in your mind. What does he take you for? A puppet? you fume. How can see send you such a message, as if he owns you? With deep, even breaths, you calm yourself down, towel your body and get out of the bathroom.

Then you wear your clothes, deciding to appear as inconspicuous as possible today. Maybe if Stanley sees you in class without any makeup or wig, he might see that you are just an ordinary girl. Maybe then he will give up. You doubt it though.

You go into the kitchen to fix yourself a quick breakfast, and as the water is boiling, your phone rings, the familiar tune of Simi's Jericho becoming irritating all of a sudden. You look at the caller ID, but it was a number you do not have on your phone. Was it Stanley again? You think about ignoring the call, but you decide to pick it, and give him a piece of your mind.

"Look, Stanley, if you don't stop disturbing me, I'll—" You do not finish your threat as the person on the other end of the line interrupts you.

Read more ➡️
https://www.thezenpens.com/2020/02/11/the-lover-you-never-knew/

(1) (Reply)

STOLEN VICTORY - Mary Slessor Vs The Calabar Tribes / SWEET UNIVERSITY – Episode 2 / The Elevator Kiss: Can True Love Redeem A Casanova?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.