Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

High-flying Liverpool Don't Surprise Me, Says Coutinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / High-flying Liverpool Don't Surprise Me, Says Coutinho (479 Views)

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele / Planes Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House In Barcelona / Title's Article On Sport Always Surprise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High-flying Liverpool Don't Surprise Me, Says Coutinho by Officialhorlah(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
The 27-year-old is happy to see his former side
excel in the Premier League but has no regrets over
his decision to leave for Barcelona Philippe Coutinho says he is not surprised to see Liverpool “flying” this season but insists he does not regret leaving the Anfield outfit. The Reds were expected to struggle to replace the Brazil international when he left to join Barcelona in January 2018 after five years as a top performer in
the Premier League. But the 27-year-old struggled to secure a spot in
the starting XI at Barca and was subsequently sent
on loan to Bayern Munich with an option for a permanent deal at the end of the season. MORE TEAMS  Meanwhile, Jurgen Klopp’s team went on to claim
the Champions League crown in 2019 and now the runaway leaders are closing in on a first Premier
Leaue title in 30 years. Coutinho is happy to see his former team-mates in
such thrilling form, but says he does not think
about what might have happened had he stayed. “Liverpool is flying, and it doesn’t surprise me," he
told Sports Illustrated . "We’ve seen it already last year when they won the Champions League, but
I’m also not surprised because of their fantastic
squad and manager. "I am so happy for them, because I have so many
friends there, former team-mates, so I’m just so
happy for them, but that’s all. "I don’t look back. I took another path, and now I
am on another journey, much like everyone else.
I’m focused entirely – just like them – on reaching
my dreams. I’m happy with what I did in the past,
and now I can only look forward.” Bayern are now top of the Bundesliga and are preparing for a Champions League last-16 tie
against Chelsea later this month. The German giants are still in the DFB-Pokal, too, and Coutinho is
confident they can win the treble this season. “Of course, we believe we can win it all. We work so
hard for it," he added. "Just like you work for success at what you do, we
equally work so hard. These are the best teams in
the world after all, and the Champions League is
very hard, but if you work hard, then anything can
happen."

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Invincibles Vs This Current Liverpool Team.how Would They Fare / Mourinho And Ancelotti Name Their Best Ever XI – No Room For Ronaldo Or Ibrahimo / Pochettino: I'm Sure Our Paths Will Cross Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.