Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. (9482 Views)

Shocking Videos Showing Fulani And Oyigbo Indigenes Fighting - Graphic / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general / Perceived British Influence On Fulani Domination In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by OruExpress: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
Interesting how 'presence' in the picture became 'domination' in the title. What's the purpose of fear mongering?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
MetaPhysical:
The peul, the fulbe, the fulani...these were at one time thought to be one homogeneous people. New findings dispute that and actually confirm they are not one and same.

Calling peul, fulbe and fulani one people is like saying Kanuri, Darfur, Shuwa are all one people, which is inaccurate....even though Kanuri, Darfur and Shuwa understand one another when speaking.

I do believe almost every Tribe has some dialectical differences. Even English Language has American English and British English.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
OruExpress:
Interesting how 'presence' in the picture became 'domination' in the title. What's the purpose of fear mongering?

We're they there before? Ask your self.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by aremuforlife(m): 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
You can as well show the map of where other regions dominate
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by oyatz(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2020
tsephanyah:
Lol the right honorable gentleman tafawa balewa is Fulani, shagari, yar'adua and Buhari are also Fulani.. think about this, before your kind start wearing clothes Fulani are hmm lemme keep quiet

Sir Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa was the son of an ex slave and a Hausa woman. He wasn't a Fulaniman. Buhari has mixed Fulani-Hausa-Kanuri ancestries.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by golddust6000(m): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2020
tsephanyah:
Just like the white people, fulanis also have poor amongst them... Dangote is Fulani danbala is also Fulani... Just like billl gate is white, Karen is also white
go and sit down, Dangote is not a Fulani man
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Memberclub(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
Fucckkkg terrorist
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
Ghana don't have that much Fulani people.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by oyatz(m): 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
MetaPhysical:
The peul, the fulbe, the fulani...these were at one time thought to be one homogeneous people. New findings dispute that and actually confirm they are not one and same.

Calling peul, fulbe and fulani one people is like saying Kanuri, Darfur, Shuwa are all one people, which is inaccurate....even though Kanuri, Darfur and Shuwa understand one another when speaking.

These names are the names by which their neighbors/hosts/colonial Masters in different countries call them. They refer to the same pan ethnic group.

Hausa call them Fulanis.

British=> Fulbe

French=> Puular
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Dedetwo(m): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2020
valirex:

Exactly bro, soon they will know their place.

Not with the ethnic composition in southern Nigeria.There are confused major ethnic group and delusional minority ethnic groups that refused to kick bad habit.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by gloriaunobi(f): 1:05am On Feb 13, 2020
Kingrexyl:
They are cute and lovely unlike y'all brainless akuna in the south and east side. grin
even when we're trying to harbor them with killer mindset, you're there exposing your mudness grin
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by OruExpress: 2:01am On Feb 13, 2020
dekronik:

We're they there before? Ask your self.

lol, yes, they were.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Kingrexyl(m): 4:10am On Feb 13, 2020
tsephanyah:
Just like the white people, fulanis also have poor amongst them... Dangote is Fulani danbala is also Fulani... Just like billl gate is white, Karen is also white
Dangote isn't fulani, get your fact right.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Kingrexyl(m): 4:13am On Feb 13, 2020
gloriaunobi:
even when we're trying to harbor them with killer mindset, you're there exposing your mudness grin
Just shut up your mouth, you have nothing meaningful to say.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by MetaPhysical: 8:35am On Feb 13, 2020
oyatz:

These names are the names by which their neighbors/hosts/colonial Masters in different countries call them. They refer to the same pan ethnic group.

Hausa call them Fulanis.

British=> Fulbe

French=> Puular

There is nothing in English called fulbe or in french called puular. Where did English and French get the terms? They heard it locally. There was no enlish speaking and french speaking countries when europeans colonized west africa. So people had lands and separated by states. Those states were delineated by ethnicity. Peul ethnic group did not exist under fulani nor puular....each was distinct.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

There is nothing in English called fulbe or in french called puular. Where did English and French get the terms? They heard it locally. There was no enlish speaking and french speaking countries when europeans colonized west africa. So people had lands and separated by states. Those states were delineated by ethnicity. Peul ethnic group did not exist under fulani nor puular....each was distinct.

I concur.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by oyatz(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
So many local names were anglicized by the British colonial Masters e.g

MetaPhysical:

Dosunmu=> Docemo

Igbobunazor=> Ibusa
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

If they understand one another, then they are same people.
The level of ignorance on this thread is appalling. It's only in two countries that fulanis dominate vis Nigeria and Guinea Bissau. All the other countries have them struggling including The Gambia where one of them is the president. The events of the Biafra war is exactly what gave them the present upper hand in Nigeria.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 12:04am On Feb 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

The same way Yorubas are known with different names in Togo, Benin and Nigeria is the same way fulanis are known in different countries. The most likely original name is Fulbe. Fulanis seems a Hausa corruption of their name. FULani=FULbe=PUehl. They're very nomadic hence the extensive expansion and scattered population. Fulani population in Nigeria is less than 7 million. It's the Hausa plus numerous minority Muslim population bolstering them. Check out their population from their original countries in Senegal and Guinea.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by MetaPhysical: 1:08am On Feb 14, 2020
Yujin:

The same way Yorubas are known with different names in Togo, Benin and Nigeria is the same way fulanis are known in different countries. The most likely original name is Fulbe. Fulanis seems a Hausa corruption of their name. FULani=FULbe=PUehl. They're very nomadic hence the extensive expansion and scattered population. Fulani population in Nigeria is less than 7 million. It's the Hausa plus numerous minority Muslim population bolstering them. Check out their population from their original countries in Senegal and Guinea.

Their claim is such that Yoruba should claim Igala, Bariba, Ewe, Akan and say we are all one ethnic group given different names. Thats not true. Peul, Puuler, Fulani are different stocks.

In particular consider Baruba and Yoruba. Dont they sound like they could be one and same people?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by MetaPhysical: 10:26am On Feb 14, 2020
Yujin:

The level of ignorance on this thread is appalling. It's only in two countries that fulanis dominate vis Nigeria and Guinea Bissau. All the other countries have them struggling including The Gambia where one of them is the president. The events of the Biafra war is exactly what gave them the present upper hand in Nigeria.

Nzeogwu coup scatter everything.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Nzeogwu coup scatter everything.
Nzeogwu's coup didn't scatter nada. It wàsn't the only coup in Nigeria's history. The gang up against Biafra destroyed everything. Why wasn't other coups branded a tribal coup? Until that genocidal war is discussed and settled, Nigeria will know no peace. It is just the reality. Fulanis will continue to wipe out minority tribes and thereby strengthening themselves geographically and politically because you all supported to enthrone them in Nigeria. All this gerrymandering won't help. If the contraption is not divided peaceful, it will be divided after the death of millions with the attendant destruction of things worth billions. Isn't it obvious?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by oyatz(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

These are all variants of the many spellings used to refer to the Fula People by the neighbours, hosts and colonial Masters.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
Yujin:

Let me tell you a story; a fulani friend of mine in my village in Adamawa State told me when he was about twelve, his dad took him to Guinea Bissau to his roots where he was shown his paternal relatives. They spent some weeks and came back to my village. My friend is now married and he told me he is going to take his first son to Guinea Bissau too when the boy comes of age so that the boy can trace his roots when he grows up. Now let me tell you why the Fulani normally dominate smaller tribes in Nigeria. Most of these small tribes are only found in Nigeria alone, with the exception of the Chamba people found in Adamawa, Taraba and Cameroun Republic and also some parts of Central African Republic. Now when these smaller tribes have conflict with the Fulanis, the local Fulanis will never retaliate, but secretly send kola nut to there brethren in Mali, Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Niger and even as far as Mauritania inviting them to the particular location where they intend to attack. Now those invited can spend sometimes up to 5 years before they reach the population strong enough to stage an attack on the local community. They migrate in small groups without raising any suspicion and before you know it they are large enough to strike and then migrate back to where they come from following bush tracks until they reach their various countries. Now tell me how local communities can prepare for such attacks when you don't even know who is going to attack you?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Emmaxx: 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Let me teach you small history which you can barely know cos of your ignorance and I don't care attitude
First of all, the place called Africa today not akly consists of black people alone which are all descendants of abraham
The children of Esau and Jacob makes up the majority
The children of Esau are today known as hausas, Fulanis and all these bororo looking cows
They are in Kenya, Sudan, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc

On the other hand, the children of Jacob are twelve tribes of isreal and yes , they are very BLACK, but most of them today are scattered all around the world in the carribeans, Peru, Brazil etc
But there is a particular tribe ( tribe of Judah) that remains in their own cities till date
In Togo, Benin republic, and in South West Nigeria
These are the tribe of Judah, which the majority northerns always refers to as Yoruba
But since your colonizers has decided to steal your heritage, create another state in the middle east and call it isreal,
Many people don't even know but some knows and decide to keep silent
Some like woke soyinka, obasanjo, tinubu
But very soon everybody will know when Jesus comes back and save his people alone

I'm waiting for you to call me names, but with your eyes you'll see ,
That's if you're not dead already cos war is coming
Amotekun is just the beginning

Are you back on this forum, Mr Musiwa?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
That map just shows their presence/distribution. Not quite their conquests.

In Guinea where they make up the plurality (40%) they uave never ruled. Ahmed Sekou Toure taunted them and Alpha Conde for all his Buhari-friendliness mocks them in campaigns lol.

They lost out in CAR after anti Balaka turned on them and have no stakes in Cameroon or Chad except within their communities. Cameroon's political power is in the Central and economic power in the Douala etc.

In Mali, the Dogon with tacit govt support are slaughtering them in an ethnic war. They have found some refuge with the Saharan/Sahelian terrorist groups that recruit from their group, but not much else. Mind you with the dogons it isnt a farmer-herder conflict, it's hunter-herder. Cos dogons are hunters. Self explanatory why theyre schooling the Fulanis....

In Niger, where the defeated Hausa kings(sarakunan gargajiya)from what is today Naija fled, they have no real power. Niamey is more pro Hausa, Tuareg etc than Fulani. Even Kanuris that make noise here, go and see them in Diffa without any govt attention. And they cant do nada!

Now they were lucky enough to get the biggest fish of all, Nigeria. Massive petroleum reserves, immense manpower and human resource potential, biggest economy etc. Nigeria has healed the wounds of all their losses lol. And that's predicated on their control of the Hausa masses, which of course will not change for the time being.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
dekronik:

Let me tell you a story; a fulani friend of mine in my village in Adamawa State told me when he was about twelve, his dad took him to Guinea Bissau to his roots where he was shown his paternal relatives. They spent some weeks and came back to my village. My friend is now married and he told me he is going to take his first son to Guinea Bissau too when the boy comes of age so that the boy can trace his roots when he grows up. Now let me tell you why the Fulani normally dominate smaller tribes in Nigeria. Most of these small tribes are only found in Nigeria alone, with the exception of the Chamba people found in Adamawa, Taraba and Cameroun Republic and also some parts of Central African Republic. Now when these smaller tribes have conflict with the Fulanis, the local Fulanis will never retaliate, but secretly send kola nut to there brethren in Mali, Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Niger and even as far as Mauritania inviting them to the particular location where they intend to attack. Now those invited can spend sometimes up to 5 years before they reach the population strong enough to stage an attack on the local community. They migrate in small groups without raising any suspicion and before you know it they are large enough to strike and then migrate back to where they come from following bush tracks until they reach their various countries. Now tell me how local communities can prepare for such attacks when you don't even know who is going to attack you?
My classmate back in the days was a fulani from Cameroon. Even the exercise books he was using had the cameroonian map. It was from there I knew of Duoala and Yaounde. He was from the Adamaoua province of Cameroon. My contribution on the topic was why fulanis a flexing muscles in Nigeria when they never should. It is certainly not because of those invitation that these things are happening. The simple problem is that the majority of the people of Nigeria have chosen to do channel their strength at hating the wrong people leaving the fulanis to do as the wish. If inviting their brothers from other countries is their strength, why don't they do such in other countries where they're oppressed? My point is simple; the hatred against Igbos have weakened all the other ethnic groups in Nigeria to face the fulanis.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dasuks:
That map just shows their presence/distribution. Not quite their conquests.

In Guinea where they make up the plurality (40%) they uave never ruled. Ahmed Sekou Toure taunted them and Alpha Conde for all his Buhari-friendliness mocks them in campaigns lol.

They lost out in CAR after anti Balaka turned on them and have no stakes in Cameroon or Chad except within their communities. Cameroon's political power is in the Central and economic power in the Douala etc.

In Mali, the Dogon with tacit govt support are slaughtering them in an ethnic war. They have found some refuge with the Saharan/Sahelian terrorist groups that recruit from their group, but not much else. Mind you with the dogons it isnt a farmer-herder conflict, it's hunter-herder. Cos dogons are hunters. Self explanatory why theyre schooling the Fulanis....

In Niger, where the defeated Hausa kings(sarakunan gargajiya)from what is today Naija fled, they have no real power. Niamey is more pro Hausa, Tuareg etc than Fulani. Even Kanuris that make noise here, go and see them in Diffa without any govt attention. And they cant do nada!

Now they were lucky enough to get the biggest fish of all, Nigeria. Massive petroleum reserves, immense manpower and human resource potential, biggest economy etc. Nigeria has healed the wounds of all their losses lol. And that's predicated on their control of the Hausa masses, which of course will not change for the time being.
You know them so well. Imagine weaklings beaten black and blue all over other smaller countries bragging and slaughtering people here any how. Shame on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
Yujin:

You know them so well. Imagine weaklings beaten black and blue all over other smaller countries bragging and slaughtering people here any how. Shame on Nigerians.

Know them somewhat.

They don't stand a chance with other warlike Sahelians. And for the Francophone nations France left power with Christian or at least acculturated groups (Black Frenchmen) ils n'aiment pas orientales ...lol pardon my French.

It's the British setup that favored them here. Orientalist governor generals and what not.

Mind you Hausaland was very isolated in the Sahelian world. They could have easily come under Songhai rule, like the fulas and part of Kebbi and Borgu etc. But they, not of their own doing, fell outside the realms of most Sahelian powers. It only makes sense that confrontation with an organized Trans-Sahelian peoples would result in what it did, the sokoto caliphate. Think about it, what was the hausa self consciousness like.

Had they had to struggle under overlords and learned value freedom ? You know sometimes freedom could just mean anything except being under bondage. Anything at all..

Instead they were always fighting themselves etc. Fulas had different masters before fortune gave them their own here and the other one in Senegambia, which was dismantled by French rule.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 8:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Dasuks:

Know them somewhat.

They don't stand a chance with other warlike Sahelians. And for the Francophone nations France left power with Christian or at least acculturated groups (Black Frenchmen) ils n'aiment pas orientales ...lol pardon my French.

It's the British setup that favored them here. Orientalist governor generals and what not.

Mind you Hausaland was very isolated in the Sahelian world. They could have easily come under Songhai rule, like the fulas and part of Kebbi and Borgu etc. But they, not of their own doing, fell outside the realms of most Sahelian powers. It only makes sense that confrontation with an organized Trans-Sahelian peoples would result in what it did, the sokoto caliphate. Think about it, what was the hausa self consciousness like.

Had they had to struggle under overlords and learned value freedom ? You know sometimes freedom could just mean anything except being under bondage. Anything at all..

Instead they were always fighting themselves etc. Fulas had different masters before fortune gave them their own here and the other one in Senegambia, which was dismantled by French rule.
You're very correct. They once had a stronghold in the senegambia but not anymore. I have been trying to know why they lost out.
As for the Hausas, the worst thing that happened to them was Islam. Without the religion, they were doing well. I noticed that the Hausas are very similar to other minorities in the north in their way of life without that religion. They're not really blood thirsty like the sahelians you mentioned. It's unfortunate that the fulanis have swallowed them already. Nothing can be done for them by outsiders. My concern is how these other tribes in Nigeria have become so powerless to challenge the fulanis despite knowing the vampires that they are. In your opinion, what do you think is the reason?
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2020
Yujin:

My classmate back in the days was a fulani from Cameroon. Even the exercise books he was using had the cameroonian map. It was from there I knew of Duoala and Yaounde. He was from the Adamaoua province of Cameroon. My contribution on the topic was why fulanis a flexing muscles in Nigeria when they never should. It is certainly not because of those invitation that these things are happening. The simple problem is that the majority of the people of Nigeria have chosen to do channel their strength at hating the wrong people leaving the fulanis to do as the wish. If inviting their brothers from other countries is their strength, why don't they do such in other countries where they're oppressed? My point is simple; the hatred against Igbos have weakened all the other ethnic groups in Nigeria to face the fulanis.

Not really hatred for the Igbos as you put it but lack of real self conciousness and self worth. You can imagine most people in the north try to hide their real tribal identity and claim they are Fulanis just to belong. In fact even in their homes they teach Fulani language to their children so that they won't have difficulty assimilating in later years.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Attah: LNG Train 7 To Attract $10 Billion Into Nigeria's Economy / Lagos In Talks With National, British Museums To Revive J.K. Randle Centre / Bomb Explosion In Minna?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.