Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. (9485 Views)

Shocking Videos Showing Fulani And Oyigbo Indigenes Fighting - Graphic / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general / Perceived British Influence On Fulani Domination In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Yujin(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2020
dekronik:

Not really hatred for the Igbos as you put it but lack of real self conciousness and self worth. You can imagine most people in the north try to hide their real tribal identity and claim they are Fulanis just to belong. In fact even in their homes they teach Fulani language to their children so that they won't have difficulty assimilating in later years.
I'm talking about Christians from other parts of Nigeria who can't even speak out against fulanis but will be very willing to participate in any hate against Igbos.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2020
Yujin:

You're very correct. They once had a stronghold in the senegambia but not anymore. I have been trying to know why they lost out.
As for the Hausas, the worst thing that happened to them was Islam. Without the religion, they were doing well. I noticed that the Hausas are very similar to other minorities in the north in their way of life without that religion. They're not really blood thirsty like the sahelians you mentioned. It's unfortunate that the fulanis have swallowed them already. Nothing can be done for them by outsiders. My concern is how these other tribes in Nigeria have become so powerless to challenge the fulanis despite knowing the vampires that they are. In your opinion, what do you think is the reason?

I think it falls down to the desire for power. Tbh, how do u beat someone without getting in first.

You see what OBJ did to them? And they raged everywhere avout 'marginalisation ' ? That's what it takes to beat them. Enter power, but dont deny them. Give them thwir share.however, in true spirit they exoect more than their due and would protest. Lol

The next southern president will most likely fix things. I'd say it also depends on unity of the south. Look at 2011 elections, south and middle belt went for GEJ.

GEJ's rule was the perfect opportunity to equalize Nigeria, but they didnt see it. Engaged in juvenile dealings and small scale thinking. With Obasanjo's 8 years and Yar'Adua only 3, an 8 year term from GEJ would have just expired last year.

The potential of the changes and policy shifts he could have enacted wiuld have been too momentous for the caliphate to easily reverse. I believe that was part of why OBJ fought for him too.
Re: Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. by dekronik: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Yujin:

I'm talking about Christians from other parts of Nigeria who can't even speak out against fulanis but will be very willing to participate in any hate against Igbos.

Quite unfortunate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DPR: 32 Refinery Licences Now Invalid Between 2018 And 2021 / NNPP Chairman, Senatorial, Rep Candidates In Zamfara Decamp To APC / Local Government Workers Embarks On A 3-day Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.