Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG (21327 Views)

Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committee To Coordinate Implementation Of Sectoral Reforms / Bandits Now Using Nigerien Networks To Coordinate Attacks – Amin Almustapha Gobi / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Trutherme: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2020
Then go to the same social media and stop them. This government is always looking for reasons to defend their ineffectiveness and stupidy.
You have all the resources to fight terrorism but all you do is catch and release the same evil men killing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Hotspotbro(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
Islie:
…How to curb the trend — Experts

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/terrorists-recruit-followers-coordinate-attacks-via-social-media-fg.html
We can send spies into the boko haram. So mo'intelligence.could b risky. And highly paid. 1million naira +benefits. We could at least create jobs for people through this.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Jman06(m): 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
They didn't just start using social media, they have been using it since inception. I once interacted with one on 2go when I was using the App.

Good morning FG
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by kamikaze2458(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2020
These *diots just want to ban the use of social media by all means abi. Kwantinu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Kuginzi: 2:20pm On Feb 12, 2020
FG is referring to Bokoharam and proscribed IPOB terrorists.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Josh00: 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
This would have been the best approach per apprehension of anti lives,releasing of over 1400 bandits back to the society just to get recruited and reorganized to carry out more attacks in the name of rehabilitation.so why realesing them?what will becom of those in kirikiri,ikoyi....they dont seem rehabilitated?.FG won't appreciate this idea of big data analytics,it will hunt prominent men down
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Wodaabe: 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
Sheriman:
This Communication Minister is even active than Adebayo Shittu the dullard.. I wonder how that Man manage to be appointed as Minister...

That native doctor?
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by awa(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Which social media kwa... Okay let them ban the internet if that will help them.
If you tell some people how unprepared these people are, you will be called Wailer.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Bankowner: 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2020
This man would think he has said something meaningful whilst everything he said is just academic and he knows quite well the country he is serving hasn't advanced to the level of countering cyber security and internet threats.

I believe well enough that the govt knows the forces behind the restiveness in the country but is too arm tied to do anything
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by MiseryIndex(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nbote:
How many almajiris are on social media? In fact FG is d number one weapon of mass recruitment for dem considering dey release captured BH terrorists back into d society to go back and join up d fold afta socializing with other members in d so called radicalization camps
THE TERRORIST IN CHIEF IS THEIR BIGGEST ENABLER
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by thonyman: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
Are you telling us now that Boko haram members can decode encrypted programming language and translate machine language to words?? Imagine lies from pit of hell.
This Lai Muhamed syndrome has spread to all members of GMB cabinet.
Awon Oloriibu were!
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by persius555(m): 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
Blame the social media
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by 1miccza: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

The hardocre Boko members, the ones involved in planning and logistics, are probably on social media. They have the education to use it.

(ISIS , the main terror group, uses social media very well...especially the bits with encryption.

Also, the simplification of technology means that even someone with primary 3 attempted can use a phone.

This world is getting unsafe.

Are you one of them?? You are on the social media??
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by delishpot: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
FulaniBandits:
Buhari is a terrorist that always speak in defense of Islamic jihadists to divert attentions.

Miyetti_Allah members are still walking freely after slaughtering thousands of Nigerians and claimed then threaten to do more.

Okay ban social media naa

Fulani bandits are not on social media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6msiKwOjiLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6qPH0L5xcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

Endangering the lives of future Nigeria security officers by making their identities known to the public. Don't you know that they are the recruiting ground for the Nigerian govt? That is where they select your security officers from.
They kill soldiers and citizens and are rewarded with cash for ransome, housed, fed and placed at the center of security organisation. Any Igbo man or non fulani sent into battle with them should better watch his back. But some cray cray bandit kills any soldier in the South....... The whole village is razed to the ground. No mercy. Who is fooling who in Nigeria? Even in the time of Odi, in bayelsa state, the president in charge them was a sell out.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
1miccza:

Are you one of them?? You are on the social media??

1.I wonder what possesed you to think I am a boko member. You better reverse this your comment. This is an expensive joke.

2.But on a more serious note, reading and reading news articles, about the terror threat (which I have been following since 1997 when Osama did his famous interview with CNN)..one gets a lot of information.

3.Also, a lot of people tend to underestimate terrorists. Having read widely and also being an avid follower of current affairs...I don't.

It has been reported in several news outlets that IS members use things like Telegram for example...and even hark around the dark web.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by 1miccza: 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

1.I wonder what possesed you to think I am a boko member. You better reverse this your comment. This is an expensive joke.

2.But on a more serious note, reading and reading news articles, about the terror threat (which I have been following since 1997 when Osama did his famous interview with CNN)..one gets a lot of information.

3.Also, a lot of people tend to underestimate terrorists. Having read widely and also being an avid follower of current affairs...I don't.

It has been reported in several news outlets that IS members use things like Telegram for example...and even hark around the dark web.

It's a Rhetorical question and not implied.
The truth that isn't hidden is that the Government knows the Origin and sponsor of BH and those Service Chiefs know this and are holding Buhari to Ransom with it.
I'll like you to search for this name on Google '' Arlene Barlow'' or so and check out his revelations on Boko Haram in an interview on Aljazeeera and then you'll know all of these is Balderdash
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Bukky244: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2020
This minister is just repeating buzz words. Even though there are educated muslims amongst the terrorist, the remaining portion are largely deluded illiterates who thinks that they will get 72 virgins in allahs aljanah.

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2020
1miccza:

It's a Rhetorical question and not implied.

Rheotrical or not, it was deeply offensive, and I must say that I did not like that line of questioning at all, esepcially as my day job is the very antithesis of Boko Haram.

That's why I'm angry. The problem I have with Nairaland in the time I have been here is that people tend to make comments like yours that can be very offensive and tactless.

Your question was wrong. And I am still offended by it .I am not a Boko member, and you insulted and hurt me by implying I am one, rhetorically or no
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by MKULTRA: 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Pls who has their link
Because e be like say na terrorism dey pay for this country.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Na shopana go do makeup for all of Una.

rubbish and ingredient.
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Dollabiz: 3:38pm On Feb 12, 2020
Oh
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by back2sender: 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nbote:
How many almajiris are on social media? In fact FG is d number one weapon of mass recruitment for dem considering dey release captured BH terrorists back into d society to go back and join up d fold afta socializing with other members in d so called radicalization camps
You are a coward.
See how you want to derail the thread, instead of you to insist this new technologies should be used if it can help in Nigeria situations.
You are an enemy of the state and Govt should touchlight you
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by nedekid: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
Islie:
…How to curb the trend — Experts

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/terrorists-recruit-followers-coordinate-attacks-via-social-media-fg.html
See the minister biabia sef.
Him resemble them them. Lol
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Dollabiz: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2020
Really
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by Trillyonaire: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2020
We know
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by hammerU: 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
FULANI TERRORIST CANNOT READ OR WRITE.

THEY ARE ILLITERATE

BOKO HARAM RAID VILLAGES TO GAIN NEW RECRUIT.

UNLESS U MEAN APC TERRORIST GETTING TO GOVERNMENT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by 1miccza: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Rheotrical or not, it was deeply offensive, and I must say that I did not like that line of questioning at all, esepcially as my day job is the very antithesis of Boko Haram.

That's why I'm angry. The problem I have with Nairaland in the time I have been here is that people tend to make comments like yours that can be very offensive and tactless.

Your question was wrong. And I am still offended by it .I am not a Boko member, and you insulted and hurt me by implying I am one, rhetorically or no

Oh my apologies then.
But you see topics like this then tend to draw out a whole lot of bile sometimes.
Nor vex..
Check out that man in my last response and tell me what you learnt from his video
Re: Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG by ikeyman00(m): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
yRacoon(m): 11:33am
So how come the government is only obsessed with regulation of the social media because of fake news and hate speech? What have the govt done about that then apart from recycling BH terrorists?

For long we have decided to take a seat back and do just reading in nl for months and yrs

So long as we the people are in this evil place called Nigeria just know that what goes up must come down; We the Igbo have been screaming on top of our voice that the evil running show in this useless country will consume everybody; in addition Ohamdike Nnnamdi Kanu even went further to say that what is happening in Somalia will be a child play oh yes afonjas and their associates called us names

You are in a country where over 100 foot soldiers were ambushed and killed by boko harem and the so called boko harem hausa fulani federal government lied that nothing such took place until boko harem released their video; are you not ashamed looking the white man in the eyes?

Anyway what fake news and hate speech; today the same people that brought about boko harem to kill us all are dying because the same boko harem are killing them

my friend we are not African we are BIAFRA after all being black does not mean we are same people

When we restore our country Africans will be begging for visa to come over! write it down somewhere

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Repelled Attacks At Pulka, Rescued 445 Abducted Person (photos) / Nigerians Link Ambode’s Travails To Feud With Tinubu / ABU Students Freedom: Bashir Ahmad Deletes Tweet, Apologises To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.