Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice (835 Views)

9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
For like 2 days now, I've had this sensation that something has been walking on my body like on the hair on my body. I didn't know what it was butI saw something recently like a cream coloured insect crawling on my skin. Its not itching but its making me feel some type of way. Doesn't happen when I'm outside. Only happens when I get home mostly in my room. I've changed bed sheets like 3-4 times but I still feel it. I don't see the insects but I can see tiny white dots on my skin. Does anyone know what's actually causing it and how I can get rid of it?
Re: HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
belzieee:
For like 2 days now, I've had this sensation that something has been walking on my body like on the hair on my body. I didn't know what it was butI saw something recently like a cream coloured insect crawling on my skin. Its not itching but its making me feel some type of way. And its like its eating the hair on my body and making it fall off. Doesn't happen when I'm outside. Only happens when I get home mostly in my room. I've changed bed sheets like 3-4 times but I still feel it. I don't see the insects but I can see tiny white dots on my skin. Does anyone know what's actually causing it and how I can get rid of it?
Re: HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice by cRobo: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
So you can't bathe abi

Go use shampoo bathe

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice by AlRoss0908: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
If you think that you might have lice, you better go to the doctor. Lice spread fast, and you might infect others while you are waiting for an answer here. The doctor will check if you have lice or not. In case you do have them, the doctor will prescribe you a special shampoo. He will also recommend you to self-isolate from others during your treatment. My son used to wear a shower cap while he was playing around the house. Meanwhile, I had to disinfect everything and purchase new bedsheets. There are a lot of different recommendations. Recently, I found a few interesting facts about lice on https://novokid.com/blog/lice-facts/
Re: HELP!! I Think I Have Body And Hair Lice by tot3ntanZz: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Scabies and head lice are both parasitic infestations of the skin, but they are caused by different organisms and affect different parts of the body.

Scabies is caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei and typically affects the skin between the fingers, wrists, elbows, and armpits, as well as the waist, buttocks, and genital area. The mites burrow into the skin to lay their eggs, which causes an itchy, red rash that can become inflamed and infected if left untreated. Scabies is highly contagious and can be spread through close physical contact with an infected person.

Head lice, on the other hand, are caused by the parasitic insect Pediculus humanus capitis and typically affect the scalp and hair. The lice feed on blood from the scalp and lay eggs, or nits, on the hair shafts, which can cause intense itching and irritation. Head lice are also highly contagious and can be spread through close contact with an infected person, as well as sharing combs, brushes, or hats.

However, if you want to know more, you should visit this page about scabies body lice where you can learn much more about this topic.

In summary, while both scabies and head lice are parasitic infestations of the skin, they are caused by different organisms and affect different parts of the body.

(1) (Reply)

Yz / Before And After Pictures Showing The Transformations Of People Who Quit Drugs. / My Experience With Covid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.