Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

My Daughter Has Hair Lice. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. (65558 Views)

Hair Lice / 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Crystalclara(f): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2019
Good day everyone.

Please, my daughter has been itching her hair for some days. I just got to find out she has hair lice and it has been transferred to her brother. Her hair is neatly cared for so I wonder how she got in contact with this.
I was advised to use insecticide on her hair or use relaxer since it's a virgin hair.
Has anyone ever experience this?
How did you go about it.

Please I need your suggestions to get rid of this thing completely.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by africanpea: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2019
Relax her hair , it'll kill them immediately.
Also, fumigate the house as surviving louse can stick to bedding and upholstery. Sterilize in hot water all combs and brushes used on the hair.
Finally, quit using saloon towels(especially ), combs and other tools.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Adenle041(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2019
Though I do not have solution to the lice problem in the hair, but I strongly advice not to use insecticides because the insecticide will get into the blood stream. I once applied insecticide on my dog body why I notice lice. The dog got killed through that.

136 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by HopeAlive16(f): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
africanpea:
Relax her hair , it'll kill them immediately.
Also, fumigate the house as surviving louse can stick to bedding and upholstery. Sterilize in hot water all combs and brushes used on the hair.
Finally, quite using saloon towels(especially ), combs and other tools.
She has said it all but let me also add that you should watch out for nits(lice eggs) on her hair shafts, that should be your major concern. They look like dandruff but don't fall out when you comb the hair. With the nits on the hair, the lice are still very much on the hair because it will hatch. And please try to google more info about what I am saying and some preventive measures as well. If she's a child be extremely careful because their scalp is till very soft, so try steaming her hair yourself at home using home remedies...try applying coconut oil, on her hair and wear her shower cap till the next morning, in extreme cases use Damatol all over the hair and wear shower cap. This will repel the lice on the hair and most importantly kill the nits(lice eggs). Continuous steaming destroy the nits and prevents them from hatching. And check the nearest supermarket for nit comb to pick out the nits. Don't panic but treat it before it spreads

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Slawormir: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Damnnnnnn

A real niggarrr is flabbergasted and astonished
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Kerigan: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Na wah
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Zombiekiller010: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sorry oh

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Jestin: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
It is currently trending. My daughter got it too and i took her to the barber’s saloon to give her a clean shave.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Injiggerwolf(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
cry

Sorry to hear that,
Wash their hair with Shampoo (~more of Conc. Hydroquinone) with warm water.

Funmigate the house, (Sofas, Rugs,) and rearrange the house.

They probably got it from school

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Kayleanna: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ohhhh don't panic.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by seanjy4konji: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Relax the hair.

Use dermatology hair cream..it's antiseptic and clean towel for dryinf

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by lyriclekidd(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Okay
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by midehi2(f): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
The house/environment is dirty

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Here are some DONTS...

A few important things to NOT do: Don't use a hairdryer after applying scalp treatments. Some treatments for lice use flammable ingredients and can catch on fire. Don't use pesticide sprays or hire a pest control company to try to get rid of the lice; these can be harmful. Don't use essential oils (such as ylang ylang oil or tea tree oil) to treat lice on the scalp. They can cause allergic skin reactions and aren't approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Don't ever use highly flammable chemicals such as gasoline or kerosene on anyone.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by sexymoma(f): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Back then when we dey school.. till i finished my secondary na blade and comb my mama dey use barb our hair
where u see lice u go talk...when be say na everyday we dey pour water for head..

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Cut her hair and watch it grow again while taking better care of it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by egojeny1(f): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Cut it off immediately

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Niyi9002(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnnn
Slawormir the real nigga grin

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nadison1311(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
A
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Sonnobax15(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
shocked These lice gat no chill at allll..
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Ashawopapa001: 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
Just cut off the damn hair undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Modupetemmy1(f): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
apply relaxed and change her combs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... / 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic / Health Advice: Doctors Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.