Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,075 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Somethings You Should Know When Typing Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Somethings You Should Know When Typing Your CV (183 Views)

7 Things You Should Know Before Editing Your CV / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Somethings You Should Know When Typing Your CV by kelblaze(m): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good day Nairalanders,
For a while now I've been opportune to be in the recruitment panel of my company. Apart from being in the recruitment panel I'm also the one who sends messages to applicants inviting them for interview and afterwards send Congratulatory message as well as message asking them those who were selected to either come for a second interview or bring their Guarantors (Depending on the position applied for).
That being said, I'll highlight some things from my experience that I feel could help you while applying for a job.

A. After typing your CV especially in business centres or Cafe, proofread your work and make sure your phone number and other details are correct. Also, ensure you add all your reachable phone numbers and if you're going to submit your CV with an application letter ensure you write at least two active numbers. It'll be a lot more good if both numbers are of different networks; if possible write the numbers on the letter, below your name and on the envelope also. Reason being that most persons numbers unknown to them are on DND (Do not Disturb)automatically, so when a message is sent to that number through a bulk SMS site or an unknown number it doesn't go through.

B. It is not every company or organisation that has the time to read application letters and go through CVs and all of that so If you receive an SMS asking you to come for an interview for a job you willingly applied for; my advice is that you show up at least 10-15mins before the said time. This will help you study the environment, organise yourself, kill over anxiety and nervousness and build your confidence. From my experience overtime, the first 5 -10 persons who come in for an interview have an open floor and are given time to answer questions how best they can except of course the individual (applicant) didn't prepare for the interview.

C.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy Alert: Hiring For Backend Developers / Job Opportunity / Grace Valley Medical Center Career Jobs - Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.