Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! (4631 Views)

EFCC Declares 59 Wanted Over ₦435 Billion, $397 Million, €9.9Million Frauds / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) / Fake Foreign Currencies Recovered From Busted 419 Syndicate In Mushin. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good morning nigerians,

We have a big problems, most of us who have friends and family in diaspora now stand the risk of being scammed by these criminal master mind companies parading to be 3rd party compan,

It will shock you to know that the little items you shipped through this curries don't get intercepted by Nigerian customs,

Nigerian customs have too much of workload that looking at tiny single items used or new, sing or 5 items will be a headache.

So what happened?

I was in Nahco Lagos last week prior to my items that I was told by FedEx that Nigerian custom intercepted, but getting there, the story changed, Nigerian custom isn't in possession of my Oder, now the next question is who have it?

My curiosity led to this discovery, when you sent a broken used items from USA that is probably 4 laptops or 4 cellphones you will be told Nigerian customs have it,

Dhl, FedEx, UPS, TNT, have their own customs which is different from Nigerian customs, and this is where the nightmare Leach on you fellows to scam you in the name of Nigerian custom.

FedEx custom costomer care won't connect me with their scam mate custom to clearify my plight, the second protest latter I wrote to them prior to correcting the error that another company in USA planet express system did, was not forwarded to Nigerian custom Nigerian custom said I quote, we can't act upon your situations without a protest latter from FedEx, now FedEx said their custom inside Nahco facilities will not forward my protest latter until 5 business working days.

So This third party agent leverage the fact that Nigerian citizens are custom phobic to scam them,

No official latter or e-mail with Nigerian custom header to the prospect who's items is impounded?

Which totally proved this whole thing a Fraud in the highest level.

The address I was given to address the protest latter to is not Nigerian customs!

If you are dealing with any of this currer service, it is at your own detriment.

I will be sueing FedEx to court and every related agent who have hand in cos I am confident that Nigerian custom boss will never stoop so low into looking little packages sent from US, UK, or from any part of western word to nigeria, or i will probably report this ugly incident to human right radio station.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Passionate888: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Hope this isn't a smear campaign?
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Jabioro: 8:36am On Feb 13, 2020
This post is going to be an eye opener,an allegation the third party must proof beyond the pages of news papers and the Nigerian custom as usual will refuted it with all their media conference..Corona corruption virus eating deeper....and deeper..
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by 2shure: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2020
I had a shipment from abroad using fedex. And after 3 days of sleepness and nervous online tracking due to the content of shipment. When it got to lagos ,nigeria. Red red red. Custom wohala. I called fedex and they said dss are holding my item. After countless threats,back and forth emails.useless and senseless phone calls. i had to part with 35k. I felt sad. They are kidnappers. Who place a ransom over any valuable goods. Bastards. To all your courier service bastards especially in fedex,dhl,ups. Who impersonate customs using dhl letter heading and email ending with @dhl.ng,@fedex.com.ng. Your time is up. This has been going far back as 2001. Till tmrw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by demaroth: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Bro you are right. Its better we avoid them, shoppers should start using shoptomydoor. They are still the best when shipping goods. Your goods will be cleared without no issues. Those thieves called fedex and redstar charged me #120,000 as custom duty just to ship 5 used android phones. I loosed the phones to them at last.

3 Likes

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:21am On Feb 29, 2020
demaroth:
Bro you are right. Its better we avoid them, shoppers should start using shoptomydoor. They are still the best when shipping goods. Your goods will be cleared without no issues. Those thieves called fedex and redstar charged me #120,000 as custom duty just to ship 5 used android phones. I loosed the phones to them at last.

Sorry bro I did the opposite, I sued them to Court including Nigerian custom and NAHCO

Then the right duty calculation was made from from 106k to 74,800 to lastly N18,009.43

5 Likes

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:23am On Feb 29, 2020
2shure:
I had a shipment from abroad using fedex. And after 3 d

Sorry bro use skg next time no stories
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by 2shure: 9:57am On Feb 29, 2020
What is skg??
mrcoolautofix:

Sorry bro use skg next time no stories
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 1:40am On Mar 01, 2020
2shure:
What is skg??
A shipping company
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by onlyforchrist: 5:06am On Mar 01, 2020
Those guys are thieves. Make lalasticalala put this on front page.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
onlyforchrist:
Those guys are thieves. Make lalasticalala put this on front page.

I sue them to court including Nigerian custom and NAHCO and my item was released.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by onlyforchrist: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
mrcoolautofix:

I sue them to court including Nigerian custom and NAHCO and my item was released.

Wow! thanks for the head up. you can imagine thousands of Nigerians falling victims of their fraud everyday. this is really horrible. why are the mods not pushing this on front page. Congratulations brother.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by AerialMapper: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Plus UPS ...all thieves

I ordered an item which arrived the country and i was informed there was a duty and tax to be paid totalling 8,677

Of this amount, 158 naira was tax and over 7000 naira was admin charges by UPS !

1 Like

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by YesNo(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2020
and this is the daily life story many nigerians experience. interesting comments.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by mrcoolautofix(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
YesNo:
and this is the daily life story many nigerians experience. interesting comments.
It's terrible

1 Like

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by michaelbills(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Myself and brother import clothes from ASOS. Their registered Skynet Courier company handles delivery. The last shipment they said custom held the product that we need to make payment of 30k after paying ASOS for shipment and everything. Na just two shoes and 5 shirts.We should have bodies that fight for customers services in Nigeria and globally.

1 Like

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
They are all scams.they stole the iPhone meant fr my sister
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by remzor(m): 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
They are all bunch of scammers. They also stole a friend’s iPhone his dad sent to him. It’s a small iPhone though. His dad had call Apple customer care in yankee and asked to block the phone. They Bleep ups need to be treated really.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by viqSmallz(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2020
Every shipment coming into the country is taxable except those granted exemption by the Fed govt. I mean every shipment.

Duty calculations are based on some variables and formulas depending on the content of your shipment. With my experience, the major challenge is wrong taxing and not taxing itself.

Want to know more? Ask.
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please can NDLEA hold a package that is not related to drugs.
My brother sent 2 phones to me and my wife through FedEx and FedEx just told me that the package is being held by DSS and NDLEA, they asked me to call them which I did and the so called NDLEA agent is stylishly asking me to bribe them before they release the package. Everything looks so shabby and I have reasons to believe they are trying to scam me. Either FedEx, DSS or NDLEA.

I still don't understand why NDLEA will hold a package that only contains two phones and asking me to give them 40k before they release it!
Even the DSS are saying the same things. Provide payment receipt or settle us. I told them categorically that my brother said the receipt is inside the box but they insisted they can't open it so I don't have any option than to settle them!

You mean you are clearing packages and you can't open them?! What if it's drugs!

All this noise now, we never each custom oo!
This scam is getting out of hand! I'm about to path with 55k just to clear the phones from this thieves then custom said my duty on the 2 phones is 204,000!
Just two Samsung s20 phones!

I already told them I won't pay, they xan eat the phones. I told my brother what happened and he is making some calls but I'm not sure at this point what to do

1 Like

Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Mumtwins2: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
viqSmallz:
Every shipment coming into the country is taxable except those granted exemption by the Fed govt. I mean every shipment.

Duty calculations are based on some variables and formulas depending on the content of your shipment. With my experience, the major challenge is wrong taxing and not taxing itself.

Want to know more? Ask.

Hello . Does this include personal items ?
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by 6digitscomrade: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
2shure:
I had a shipment from abroad using fedex. And after 3 days of sleepness and nervous online tracking due to the content of shipment. When it got to lagos ,nigeria. Red red red. Custom wohala. I called fedex and they said dss are holding my item. After countless threats,back and forth emails.useless and senseless phone calls. i had to part with 35k. I felt sad. They are kidnappers. Who place a ransom over any valuable goods. Bastards. To all your courier service bastards especially in fedex,dhl,ups. Who impersonate customs using dhl letter heading and email ending with @dhl.ng,@fedex.com.ng. Your time is up. This has been going far back as 2001. Till tmrw
if I talk my own recent experience u will marvel..
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by MartinCorridon: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
MartinCorridon:
This is to increase awareness on my experience with courier companies (FEDEX in this case)

The FedEx affair....

1. I bought items worth 180,044 Naira, I was told Nigerian Customs wanted N60,634.84 as custom charges (Email of January 29th) within 5 days. I paid on 31st January, 2018, i got the item on February 6th and demanded for a Customs Receipt (Email of February 7th),

· The fictitious duty was paid only AFTER I had received my package and AFTER I raised alarm.

· Receipt showed disparity in the amount paid into the Customs (N55,392 vs 60,634.84)

· “Airport taxes” were claimed and covered by a FedEx receipt when the only body responsible for issuing such receipts is the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)

I raised up the issue with a Team Lead who felt ignoring me would make me forget the issue.

2. I wrote to FedEx Nigeria Senior Management, providing ample evidence of the fraud and extortion by their staff, hoping for a simple solution – refunding the fraudulent charge in full and ending it there.

3. I started receiving an avalanche of harassing phone calls at odd hours (is this a FedEx policy?) culminating with a coercive threat call by a Director at 19.08 hrs on 6th March, 2018 (NOTE – The telecommunications provider can be subpoenaed for more details when we go to court) He was sorely mistaken, it just made me angrier.

4. I made covert investigations with legal counsel and I wanted to present evidence in America. I was strongly advised that the international offices would just cover up the case that I should reply to Homeland Security and FBI instead. I couldn’t unfortunately because I have some important issues to attend to in Nigeria.

I then escalated to 17 FedEx International Staff; mostly country managers about the fraud and extortion ring being perpetrated by FedEx Nigeria. I sent the mails at 5.30am and by 9.00am i got 17 "MAILER DAEMON" messages like all the messages weren't delivered (cover-up even at international level).

I had promised that i would escalate the case to the Presidency and the Head of Nigerian Customs. I received more threats and a letter from their lawyers.

They felt i was cowed, but they don't know i fully intend my money to be refunded.

HOW CAN ONE SEND A PETITION THAT IS SURE TO LAND AT THE DESK OF IBRAHIM MAGU (EFCC) AND HAMMED ALI (CUSTOMS)?

This is just the beginning..... wink
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by viqSmallz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mumtwins2:

Hello . Does this include personal items ?

Yes it does..
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by Whois(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
o wrong now. Please go ahead and sue or get a lawyer involved
viqSmallz:

Yes it does..
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by wakaman: 12:32am On Nov 21, 2020
#endfedexdhl..
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by viqSmallz(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Whois:
o wrong now. Please go ahead and sue or get a lawyer involved
Ko wrong o. Its in their policy or statutes. Except you have an exemption....
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by majesterial: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
WHAT
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by MeekB: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
Please this is exactly what I'm facing now, they said my custom duties and Tax is 308,000 for 3 iphones. Please what did you do about yours, this is a big reap off
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by nedekid: 12:41am On Jan 23, 2021
viqSmallz:

Want to know more? Ask.
There is duty on personal items? shocked
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by nedekid: 12:50am On Jan 23, 2021
[quote author=MartinCorridon post=94550778][/quote]
Any update?
Re: DHL, Fedex, TNT RED Star Confirmed Trending 419 Frauds ! by viqSmallz(m): 10:41am On Jan 23, 2021
nedekid:

There is duty on personal items? shocked

Yes there is...

(1) (Reply)

Female Robbers Stripped Nakked And Disgraced In Public After They Were Caught / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad After Taking Colorado (video) / A Theif Was Caught And Was Left In The Road For Motor To Crush Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.