Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts (2919 Views)

Salary Protest: Community Policing Is Voluntary, Not A Paid Job - Kwara Police / JUST IN!!! "Ebubeagu Has Done Well Than Amotekun" - Gov. Ikpeazu / Community Policing Is Fraud - Ike Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Whiteangel1234: 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2020
The South East Community police is more effective in dealing with direct security threat at the grass root level unlike the Amotekuns which have a funny clause that Serving Police men are free to join meaning the Northerners can actually be a member of the Amotekuns

Unless the purpose of the Amotekuns is to wage war of treason against the Nigeria state it's not effective in curbing insecurity at the Grassroot it's more of a Political Jamboree

I'm from Anambra State and we have always have community police especially some years back not sure if it still working now I have been out of Nigeria for long time . Those days every month each Adult male or Family contribute monthly security levy to the Community Treasurer's . The youths of the Community are recruited and paid per month from 10 pm the security will ring a loud bell signaling the beginning of the security watch they will take guns and lay ambush in strategic locations around the community until 4:30 - 5 am they will sounds another bell symbolizing the end of the night watch .

It's more effective , criminals element in the community are easyly identify , strangers are monitored and fished out very effectively

So I think the Government want to formalized this method and make it more effective because before now those days family pay for this community police security watch and buy Pump action and bullets for them with the community fund

2 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Romanoff(f): 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Instead of appreciating the initiative, you are still trying to divide the South with your askew opinions that could be based on tribal sentiments.

Aren't you ashamed?

19 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by chukslawrence(m): 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
Amotekun Paved the way. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Whiteangel1234: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2020
Romanoff:
Instead of appreciating the initiative, you are still trying to divide the South with your askew opinions that could be based on tribal sentiments.

Aren't you ashamed?

grin which south unity ? After una vote Buhari ?I will ally with the North any day than with an Afonja Especially Muslim Afonja

3 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
The South East Community police is more effective in dealing with direct security threat at the grass root level unlike the Amotekuns which have a funny clause that Serving Police men are free to join meaning the Northerners can actually be a member of the Amotekuns

Unless the purpose of the Amotekuns is to wage war of treason against the Nigeria state it's not effective in curbing insecurity at the Grassroot it's more of a Political Jamboree

I'm from Anambra State and we have always have community police especially some years back not sure if it still working now I have been out of Nigeria for long time . Those days every month each Adult male or Family contribute monthly security levy to the Community Treasurer's . The youths of the Community are recruited and paid per month from 10 pm the security will ring a loud bell signaling the beginning of the security watch they will take guns and lay ambush in strategic locations around the community until 4:30 - 5 am they will sounds another bell symbolizing the end of the night watch .

It's more effective , criminals element in the community are easyly identify , strangers are monitored and fished out very effectively

So I think the Government want to formalized this method and make it more effective because before now those days family pay for this community police security watch and buy Pump action and bullets for them with the community fund

I Before Others (IBO) = ethnocentrism

8 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Whiteangel1234: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
chukslawrence:
Amotekun Paved the way. Simple!

Which way ? The South East are dealing with our own perculiar security challenge we don't have herdsmen holding territory in our land like Afonjas so we don't need regional Amotekuns but to address grass root security challenge

We have Forest Guard and State Vigilantes long before you even dream of Afonja

2 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Whiteangel1234: 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
Before this issue of herdsmen south East have its own perculiar security challenge of kidnapping And Robbery so we have been silently operating community Policing and State Vigilantes working with the police to stop kidnapping and robbery in our land even before Buhari came to power

1 Like

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by updatechange(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
:ou
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by HisSexcellency(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
Can we just leave these comparisons and work for the betterment of the people and safety of lives and property.
What ever approach deemed appropriate should be adopted by any state or region as long as it yields the desired results.

7 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Sammy07: 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

OP is mumu ooo
They have started mumu comparison.

Have you been to SW b4, who told you that we don't have community police??

What's the meaning of Vigilante??

For your information, in my town, we do contribute #1,000 per house every month...

10 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
Romanoff:

Aren't you ashamed?

Answer your papa name..

nothing like South.

4 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Well I never agree to Amotekun or whatever.

That it works for them doesn't mean it will work for others.
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Sammy07:

OP is mumu ooo

For your information, in my town, we do contribute #1,000 per house every month...

1000 for what?

You contribute 1k and still can't fight Herdsmen.

Then the community chairman is a thief

1 Like

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by kayusely70(m): 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Lets Wait Until They Start Operating
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by slimfit1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
Well, they can apply of course we will not give them the job it simple. Tell me why you will leave police to join The Tiger Guards that itself will raise a sign of suspicion
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by ChoCho54(f): 1:40am On Feb 13, 2020
luxy44:

I Before Others (IBO) = ethnocentrism
We are Yorubas before been Nigerians - Pan Africanism.
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by ChoCho54(f): 1:43am On Feb 13, 2020
Sammy07:

OP is mumu ooo

So rather than strengthen them, you opted for treasonable Amotoekun?
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Westbestside: 1:49am On Feb 13, 2020
If amotekun is paining anyone here. That person should go and end his life in lagoon.

4 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Westbestside: 1:49am On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
ChoCho54:
So rather than strengthen them, you opted for treasonable Amotoekun?
[/s]
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by iAmViper(m): 2:27am On Feb 13, 2020
we don't argue with you nah!
i just dey laugh with your inconsistence, is that what kanu turned u to?
when fg introduced community police to SW You are the one making it a news that it is a plan to make AMOTEKUN Useless that they shouldn't accept it, but now AMOTEKUN Has come to stay.

6 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by sreamsense: 2:33am On Feb 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Stop deceiving yourself! Just agree, there is no unity among you because of greed and egoism! If community policing is better, why did Ohaneze President and Traditional rulers angrily worked out of the south east unity meeting with police boss? Did you hear of any such disrespect during south west meeting? What is community policing without traditional ruler supports? What can someone achieve out of disunity? You have been practicing community policing since century but crime rate remain higher from your zone daily, where is the effect of existing community policing you are talking about? To me, your comparison is stupid and baseless! Unity and Disunity can never produce the same result. Deal with disunity and arrogance among you first before you come back here for comparizon and baseless analysis.

10 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 13, 2020
ChoCho54:
We are Yorubas before been Nigerians - Pan Africanism.

Saying we are Yoruba's before been Nigerians isn't ethnocentric...

BTW, I'm not from that part of country
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by ChoCho54(f): 2:50am On Feb 13, 2020
luxy44:

Pan Africanism isn't ethnocentric...

BTW, I'm not from that part of country
Pan Africanism isn't etnocentric? Ouch! I didn't know undecided
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Kingspin(m): 3:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Security threat is security threat
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Tobichimezie: 3:56am On Feb 13, 2020
There's no reason or basis for the comparison, it's not a competition... let each region run their security initiatives however way they see fit, good luck to the security outfits- Amotekun and Ogbunigwe, what matters most is that the lives of the people of both regions will be protected.

Hopefully other regions follow suit and take up security measures to protect themselves, the Fulani menace among other security lapses is very much alive and kicking in that country.
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by noleflendum: 3:58am On Feb 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

grin which south unity ? After una vote Buhari ?I will ally with the North any day than with an Afonja Especially Muslim Afonja
North dey do you this thing

3 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:04am On Feb 13, 2020
A lot of you are ashamed of your elected leaders.
They have no zero unity/integrity
So instead of you to face them,
You project ur frustrations on Yoruba's.
When python dance happened, they were silent
When Obi wanted to be VP they didn't support him.
Most of them can't stand Kanu/ipob
Infact one ordered shoot at sight
Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by ChoCho54(f): 4:36am On Feb 13, 2020
noleflendum:
North dey do you this thing
. Oh yes never mind!

After buhari, another fulani will rule in his stead.
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by Sirjamo: 4:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

We voted Buhari twice, if you like drink 60 bottles of sniper

1 Like

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by noleflendum: 4:50am On Feb 13, 2020
ChoCho54:
. Oh yes never mind!

After buhari, another fulani will rule in his stead.
so no Biafuro again?

1 Like

Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by ChoCho54(f): 5:18am On Feb 13, 2020
noleflendum:
so no Biafuro again?
You can stick into your furo! Asunta oshii
Re: South East Community Policing Is More Effective Than Amotekun - Facts by kolaaderin: 5:47am On Feb 13, 2020
This people are not different to the primitive life form (Gorillas) they are born to chest beat. And contest in dick measuring.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When A SEner Denies An Igbo From Anioma From Igbo Tag / Man who exposes IPOB online gets award from Hausa people PHOTOS / Throwback To Tordue Salem, The Late Vangard Reporter's Social Media Posts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.