Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam (2094 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Three Nigerians Arrested In Spain For Forcing Mothers Into Prostitution / Two Nigerians Jailed Over £20 Million Credit Card Scam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:22am On Dec 15, 2010
Three Nigerians were on Monday jailed by a United Kingdom court for a total of 181/2 years for setting up bogus colleges to help illegal immigrants remain in the UK.

This followed following an investigation by the UK Border Agency’s London Immigration Crime Team.

A statement by the British High Commissioner on Tuesday said husband and wife, [size=14pt]Tiamiyu and Christiana Bello[/size], aged [size=16pt]75[/size] and [size=16pt]67[/size], were arrested following a raid on a property on New Cross Road in south London in July 2007.

Registered to the address were the ‘Academic College of Education’ and the ‘Academic College of Training and Recruitment,’ institutions for which the Bellos were the principals.

Officers soon discovered that the building was a collection of bedsits and there was no evidence of lessons being taught there.

During a search, a large number of documents were seized, including letters purporting to be from the ‘Academic College of Education’ and counterfeit qualification certificates.

A solicitor, [size=14pt]Adeyinka Adeniran[/size], was later arrested following a search of his office on Old Kent Road. Many of the files seized from that address contained documentation from the Bellos’ college.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010121515112490
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by AkinEgba: 1:26am On Dec 15, 2010
Not again. My brothers in the UK should take things easy oh!
Imagine people close to their grave still involved in crime. Oma se o!!
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by jaygetta(m): 1:31am On Dec 15, 2010
Lol.Akin-Egba, u no go kill me wit laff o!
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:44am On Dec 15, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Akin, It becomes too hard to stop especially when it is genetic. Just like asking a mallam to stop chewing gworo.
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Blazay(m): 1:51am On Dec 15, 2010
A statement by the British High Commissioner on Tuesday said husband and wife,[size=16pt] Tiamiyu and Christiana Bello, aged 75 and 67,[/size] were arrested following a raid on a property on New Cross Road in south London in July 2007.

Olurun [size=15pt]Oba[/size] [size=20pt]ooooo![/size]

shocked

These must be Adedibu's children.
All these agberos living in Idumota London.
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by aljharem(m): 1:57am On Dec 15, 2010
you people are just acting childish, did they say yoruba or nigerian

mumu's think before you post
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:58am On Dec 15, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

A statement by the British High Commissioner on Tuesday said husband and wife, [size=14pt]Tiamiyu and Christiana Bello[/size], aged [size=16pt]75[/size] and [size=16pt]67[/size], were arrested following a raid on a property on New Cross Road in south London in July 2007.

75 + 18 1/2 = 93 1/2 = grave cry cry
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by strangerf: 2:42am On Dec 15, 2010
Akin Egba = Igbobuigbo

Yeah, nothing do us

We hustle alot; the reason why we are ahead of y'all!
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by HighChief4(m): 3:06am On Dec 15, 2010
This is really bad

alj harem:

you people are just acting childish, did they say yoruba or nigerian

mumu's think before you post

Has anybody mentioned Yoruba here?
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by jason12345: 4:18am On Dec 15, 2010
Akin-Egba:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by texazzpete(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2010
High_Chief:

This is really bad

Has anybody mentioned Yoruba here?

What do you think the OP was driving at when he put their names in bold font?

I swear, these ethnic bigots are so childish! I wonder when they will finally grow up?
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2010
strangerf:

Akin Egba = Igbobuigbo

Yeah, nothing do us

We hustle alot; the reason why we are ahead of y'all!

You are right there. On issues like the one above, I give it to you. You guys are always ahead and that's why population wise, you are also ahead of them all in British prisons cry cry
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Mobinga: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2010
shocked Their mates have retired to their grandchildren and these ones are here scamming
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
Adeyinka Adeniran
[img]http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/images/main/jailed-solicitor[/img]

Tiamiyu Bello

Christiana Bello
Re: Three Nigerians Jailed For Bogus College Scam by Mobinga: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2010
@JayBee shocked shocked shocked angry angry

They could be peoples parents here oh. . .

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbers, Make Una Come Rape Me O... As Girl With Hiv, Dares Armed Robbers. / Show Of Shame: See What These Two Policemen Were Caught Doing In Public (photos) / My Gateman Kissed Me When I Was Just 8 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.