Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist (60460 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by robosky02(m): 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
Na so

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by WILLIAMEZEH: 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
wetin you use measure am
how old is the world

well its ok
next
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Supernatural28(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hmm,next post please
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Kingluqman(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
330 wetin?

grin grin grin

Dey lie oo

Just minus 330 from Nigeria alone and imagine wetin remain, not to talk of million

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
juwoonn:
How did they know its 330 million years old?

Radio carbon dating

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Olisakeys: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
grin
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
Thinktank32:
I am starting to see all these things as audio

You get sense

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
handsomeyinka:
I JUST DON'T KNOW THE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS SCIENTISTS AND LAI MOHAMMED..

330 MILLION YEARS OLD SHARK FOSSILS FOUND IN KENTUCKY?..HOW OLD IS THE WHOLE AMERICA..

Earth is some 4.5billion years old, according to our geologist friends.
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
330 million years is unbelievable! I wonder how these people estimate years

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by amokemi(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
Stop swearing and change from Glo

daddycee91:
Hmmm. First to fucking comment
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by pinkcottoncandy: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
its like this science of a thing anything wey enter their mouth na him dem go jus yarn....which one is 3 billion years old again...

also,

if man evolved from apes, why do we still have apes?

2 Likes

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by shogsman(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
amokemi:
Ok

Na like this FTC be? Rogers network did well today.

This is dedicated to all honest Nigerians who are doing legitimate jobs to survive. May almighty God bless your hustle. And to all of you whose source of income bring anguish to others, may you meet your waterloo soon.

And to all those Nigerian university professors and researchers using research grants to flex, you will soon be fished out.

God bless Nigeria.
What are you dedicating exactly?

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Awon 33 gang

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by shogsman(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
This scientists will just be assuming shit and want us to take it hook line and sinker

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is the most important piece of this article. If you don't understand, then you are not an initiate. Matter of fact, I came here looking for this very line:

The sharks lived about 330 million years ago in what is known as the Late Mississippian geologic time period, when much of North America was covered by oceans.
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by madakx: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Who count the years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Neoteny(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
wetmenow:
scientists with their fallacy theory.

Scientific theory: an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

Fallacy: the use of invalid or otherwise faulty reasoning, or "wrong moves" in the construction of an argument.

Nice way to contradict yourself in just one sentence

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
pinkcottoncandy:
its like this science of a thing anything wey enter their mouth na him dem go jus yarn....which one is 3 billion years old again...

also,

if man evolved from apes, why do we still have apes?

First, they did not say 3 billion years old. It shows you don't know your numbers. Secondly, you don't have to show us that you have never picked up a book for one day. Thirdly...

Gerrahia. Slurring smiley

8 Likes

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by ajl: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
Neoteny:
Bible thumpers will tell you the earth is only 7,000 years old

When we already know that even ancient Egypt, one of the most mentioned places in the bible, is older than that. And that just about 10,000 years ago there was no Sahara Desert because some rocks in that desert today has inscribed images of lions, giraffe and others. And not just that. Part of it was even covered by an ancient sea which has imprints of its drainage system buried underground that can be viewed from space.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Risentouch(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
The way this people call this millions and thousands of years something existed does make me ask how old the earth is
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
330 million years is unbelievable! I wonder how these people estimate years

Are you one of those biblical people who believe that the Earth is just "2000 years old"?

I hope not. Lol
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by BanevsJoker(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
realstars:
If that record is true, that must be the time of nuoa and the great flood.
Back in Nigeria they is no such of records above 200 yeres, dose is mean that our ancestors eat everything as we do today?
Onye bu nuoa?

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by eunisam: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
I no believe this sweet lies oooh. 330m years. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by DeezaLoq: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wonders Shall never end undecided
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Blackicegold(m): 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
SenatePresdo:
How this guys calculate the years of this fossils that stretches to hundreds of million still baffles me.

Gamma rays
Used for dating

3 Likes

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by BigJoe19: 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
I am seeing a lot of idiots up there saying how did the scientist know the number of years, I guess doing chemistry in secondary school was a waste of time for them, if it is to shout hallelujah and say "my enemy die by fire", they would remember.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Johnjnr(m): 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
juwoonn:
How did they know its 330 million years old?
RADIOISOTOPIC DATING
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Mrlazarus: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
Wait. All these discoveries makes me question the authenticity of the Bible's story of creation

I’m not religious but I think if you can question the authenticity of the Bible,you should also question the authenticity of these Scientists’ dating mechanisms.

3 Likes

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
handsomeyinka:
I JUST DON'T KNOW THE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS SCIENTISTS AND LAI MOHAMMED..

330 MILLION YEARS OLD SHARK FOSSILS FOUND IN KENTUCKY?..HOW OLD IS THE WHOLE AMERICA..

Lock it up if you can't read and comprehend.

You saw it in that article where it was clearly stated that the fossils came from a period when that part of the continent was still beneath the ocean. Do you have any idea how old this planet is? Do you have an idea how much metamorphosis it has undergone?

Why is it so hard for you guys to read and comprehend stuff or think deeply? No wonder we still lag behind in the sciences. And I hope to Jah that you are not a 'science student'.

Now read this:

The sharks lived about 330 million years ago in what is known as the Late Mississippian geologic time period, when much of North America was covered by oceans.

6 Likes

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Zooposki(f): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
SenatePresdo:
How this guys calculate the years of this fossils that stretches to hundreds of million still baffles me.

That’s because they are lying.

1 Like

Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Dearlord(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
Maybe he was talking about Lexus 330
That's there business
Re: 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
BigJoe19:
I am seeing a lot of idiots up there saying how did the scientist know the number of years, I guess doing chemistry in secondary school was a waste of time for them, if it is to shout hallelujah and say "my enemy die by fire", they would remember.

It's sad, men.

Some amongst us look like humans but baboons are far more intelligent than these jokers.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Raccoon Caught In Gods Island In Ibeno, Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / 15-Year-Old Boy Hooks A Rare Giant Albino Catfish In Tennessee, US (Photos) / Starving Elephant Spotted At The Maiduguri Zoo In Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.