Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? (6714 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Knight1(m): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2010
The first time i checked the saharareporters was about a year plus ago and i was impressed by the reportage especially when they delivered specifics without any bias, i carried this notion up until after the downfall of the yar'adua 'cabal'. but these days when i go onlne, all i see is unveiled bias; sentiments in everything from reports to news to commentaries etc. and its not only me, a lot of people complain about this even on their website, so wats wrong with SaharaReporters? Nigerians were starting o believe that there was a truly credible news agency, its just too bad!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Beaf: 7:28am On Dec 15, 2010
Sahara Reporters is now as useless as used toilet roll.
Its difficult to find any comparable descent from quality to gutter dregs; the speed at which it happened is shocking to say the least.

Shame on you, Sahara Reporters! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Blazay(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2010
Like anything else Nigerian. . . it has gotten worse.
No maintenance culture.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by okeymadu(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2010
@ All that have posted so far! when SRs were busy reporting what you wanted you all like/loved them,

But now the that they report what you don't like, they r now trash, abi?
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by chosen04(f): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2010
okeymadu:

@ All that have posted so far! when SRs were busy reporting what you wanted you all like/loved them,
But now the that they report what you don't like, they r now trash, abi?

GBAM
A case of they are our Hero when it suits us and our villain when against our heroes?

I keep weeping for our guile in this country
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2010
i was impressed by the reportage especially when they delivered specifics without any bias, i carried this notion up until after the downfall of the yar'adua 'cabal'. but these days when i go onlne, all i see is unveiled bias

thios says it all. gej supporters(several who are former 'activists') have highlighted the fact that most who complain about nigeria are all about the status quo.
all of a sudden, detatntion without trial, secret tribunals, bribery etc are no longer shameful, because their son is in aso rock

some of teh most vocal critics of sahara reporters have no problem with posting from thewillnigeria or huhuonline

the only worthy news to them is that which canonizes saint gej, the breath of fresh air, and demonizes atiku, ibb, buhari, ribadu, tinubu and anyone else who opposes gej/pdp

if yardua was alive and all the rubbish going down in the polity right now was under his watch, you whiners would be hailing sr as heroes.

pathetic hypocrites

SRs only real issue is that they can be a little too enthusiastic at times.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by reckless: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2010
You can hardly satisfy people. Few months ago it was all praises and now it is name calling. May God save Nigeria from the clutches of scycophants
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by dustydee: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2010
I still trust them, remember the mangal story earlier this year?surfaced on wikileaks some days ago, those guys are tough.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by desgiezd(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2010
I still trust and rely on Sahara Reporters 100%
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by archive(f): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2010
One thing about news reports - there is always bias. Sometimes it is just well hidden.
For the latest LEAKED cables on Nigeria, news reports and commentary from a western pov visit www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2010
Sahara Reporters --- sad story for them everyone in Government is sleazy and corrupt, used to remember how they used to rile Ribadu as OBJ's henchman now he is a darling to them. sad
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Boboribo: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2010
Me, I dont trust NTA whether its my father or brother that is the President.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2010
What has Sahara Reporters done again this time undecided

People sef!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Beaf: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2010
Sahara Reporters is best known for fake news these days. embarassed

[size=14pt]The fake pic below too is courtesy Sahara Reporters[/size]. Shame. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Ibime(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2010
SR is simply the best!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Idondome: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2010
For me, SR has been playing somebody's script of late. We need to know who the person/persons is/are. What is/are their motives because they are no longer at ease.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by icare1: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2010
hossanna today crucify him tomorrow.

now sr is reporting what you don't want to hear about Jonathan, then they become evil.

nigerians truth is what please their hears it doesn't matter whether it is good or bad in as much its favours them.

well every one is entitiled to their opinion.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by vorosmartm(m): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
You can say its bad, its bias, watever, what I know is that its the best
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
NDI UWA! (WORLD PEOPLE)
if u do, them go say u do. if u no do,na them go still say u no do
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by 3kay945(m): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
@post, they still remain the best to me, they havent given me any reason of doubt yet.
People should not forget that no person or organisation is perfect,
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by 3kay945(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
Most nigerians are hypocrites. You will see them in church and mosque crying for forgetvness, but when they re out of religious house, you wil see them happily causing pains on their neigbor
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by juventino: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
As much as I am concerned, Sahara Reporters have fallen apart. I do not go to their site again. Shame on SR tongue
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by dapachez: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
sahara reporters is still the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Muza(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
SR for life!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by scopusng(m): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
Elder statesman and leader of PRONACO, Pa Anthony Enahoro is dead. Unconfirmed reports said Pa Enahoro died early this morning. He was hospitalised recently and discharged after a brief illness.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/breaking-news-enahoro-is-dead/
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by SSaemoenl(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
Beaf:

Sahara Reporters is best known for fake news these days. embarassed

[size=14pt]The fake pic below too is courtesy Sahara Reporters[/size]. Shame. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

That was a joint pic emotion. Adobe cs5 Masking
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Defender1: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
okeymadu:

But now the that they report what you don't like,  they r now trash,  abi?

@ okeymadu thank you my brother!

3kay945:

Most nigerians are hypocrites. You will see them in church and mosque crying for forgetvness, but when they re out of religious house, you wil see them happily causing pains on their neigbor

@ 3kay945
That is the problem with us Nigerians. We dey carry another person quarrel for our head.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2010
SSaemoenl:

That was a joint pic emotion. Adobe cs5 Masking

Joint pic yes,but these two were at d declaration ground.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by spearman(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
Without Sahara Reporters Nigeria will be a far worse place than it is today. These are citizen journalists. They make tremendous sacrifices to their well being to carry out  these task. This type of dedication is uncommon in Nigerians. In the end Sahara Reporters is as good as we the citizens make it. Citizen Journalists need every ones support and participation to be effective.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Poster, SR in my opinion gets it on the mark about 55 percent of the time, unfortunately. This is why whenever I read the news from that source, I try to find other sources to help for verification purposes. I particularly learnt this to be true during the Yar adua hullabaloo of 2009/2010 holiday period.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Defender1: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
spearman:

Without Sahara Reporters Nigeria will be a far worse place than it is today. These are citizen journalists. They make tremendous sacrifices to their well being to carry out  these tasks. This type of dedication is uncommon in Nigerians. In the end Sahara Reporters is as good as we the citizens make it. Citizen Journalists need every one support and participation to be effective.

Kudos to you Spearman. And in the end Nigeria will be as good as we the citizens make it. Join us. Lets cure the disease and not the symptoms. Lets Kill Goliath
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by aljharem11(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
yes i trust sahara reporter even better than other nigeria media company

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Job Openings In Anambra State(try your luck) / PDP To ACN: We Are All Guilty Of Corruption / Give Us Biafra, All SS/SE Are Saying, Give Us Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.