Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? (6723 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
The same people who sang 'Hosanna in the highest' and followed Jesus into the temple of Jerusalem were chorusing 'Crucify Him' days later.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by redsun(m): 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
This poster could be knighted beaf trying to stir up dust against whoever pin points his mentor,JEG idiocy
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
Folks here make me laugh trust sahara reporters imagine this story

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-may-not-contest-2011-polls-source-reuters

that's their headline for today 15/12/2010, a stale news of 17/07/2010--just to tarnish GEJ's image and you gonna trust these guys---c'mon .
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by reckless: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
@redsun This poster could be knighted beaf trying to stir up dust against whoever pin points his mentor,JEG idiocy
Gbam!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by doctorT(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2010
If you don't trust them then don't go to their site again. When they were known to be the first to carry any breaking news we all hail them then. Anyway na Naija system. We praise today, we condemn and rubbish tomorrow,
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by redsun(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
Peeps that dwell in darkness will always fight to surpress light but their efforts as always will be like trying to store water in a basket,futile.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by caspapa(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2010
Depending on the angle you look at it, i think SR can still be trusted.

We can not expect SR to always say it the way we wanted, and SR can never be perfect, human error.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by MyJoe: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2010
spearman:

Without Sahara Reporters Nigeria will be a far worse place than it is today. These are citizen journalists. They make tremendous sacrifices to their well being to carry out  these task. This type of dedication is uncommon in Nigerians. In the end Sahara Reporters is as good as we the citizens make it. Citizen Journalists need every ones support and participation to be effective.
I agree they have made a lot of contributions, but should we then overlook it when they overreach themselves? That is why I am dismayed by most of the comments here.

caspapa:

Depending on the angle you look at it, i think SR can still be trusted.

We can not expect SR to always say it the way we wanted, and SR can never be perfect, human error.
"Human error" one can accept. When I saw the article about the presidency giving a $50,000 "bribe" to some activists who visited them I thought the word choice amounted to sensationalism and bordered on the dishonest and wondered why journalists can't stick to facts. But I felt you could still put it down to a matter of words and their comprehension. However, that picture someone pasted up there is something else entirely. It's crass, nauseating, gutter journalism.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by DrKnow1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
Sahara Reporters is our own Wikileaks. Some people will love it and some will hate it.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by InkedNerd(f): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^ Yeah right tongue
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by turboman(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
SR is a biased pot of mess whose editors need tutorials on professional journalism. I hated the biased views of the BBC and CNN towards Nigeria until the coming of SR, and i realized the latter were angels.

Sahara Reporter is simply a platform to 'Destructively criticize' every happening within the perimeter of the Federal Republican.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by LFJ: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2010
The worst of SAHARA REPORTERS is better than all Nigeria media houses put together.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by ziga: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
I think Sahara reporters is crap.

Unfortunately i base my point on just one article. The one about the interview of Fashola. Their article was a complete misrepresentation of the video interview. Thank God we had access to it on Youtube.
it almost seemed like the reporter was talking about some other video interview.

The bias was too much. I believe that anybody can make a mistake, but smear campaign from news media is totally unacceptable!
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by jmaine: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
LFJ:

The worst of SAHARA REPORTERS is better than all Nigeria media houses put together. 

Messed up dude. .   Mumu shocked
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Saylawchar(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
let all those who are criticizing SR tell us another site where we can monitor development in Nigeria rather than condemning the site, why not give us better option?
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by raycomray: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
JOURNALIST & JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA SELF SERVING, SYCOPHANTIC, "TRIBALISTIC", MATERIALISTIC, "NON-INVESTIGATORY",
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by LFJ: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
jmaine:

Messed up dude. . Mumu shocked

If am Mumu then what are you? Think before you talk , this opportunity does not give you liberty to insult others.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by JoeGaruba: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2010
Let us not celebrate mediocrity. If this state of SR is satisfactory, then we deserve what we get from politicians and press alike when we settle for less.

SR has lost the trust of some of the followers. This has nothing to do with GEJ. fyi I dont even support the guy. All we ask for is fair and balanced reporting based on facts and not opinions.

If that is too much to ask, then they can be the mouth piece highest bidder and I will not fault them. Let them just say "we are partisan".
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by DL(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2010
SSaemoenl:

That was a joint pic emotion. Adobe cs5 Masking

This says it all. Plagiarism at its finest. I mean, why on earth should a journalist need to photoshop this image unless ofcourse he wasn't there.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by NaijaNaWaa: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2010
SR remains the MOST AUTHENTIC source of credible and reliable news on Nigeria. The good thing about them is that they give all sides opportunity to air their views. My only worry is that they're staking their credibility on Nuhu Ribadu, a character who stood for everything that Sowore and SR are against. SR for life.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2010
the good thing about them is that they're fearless and break the news/speak up; but the sad thing that is threatening to evade all that is their now chronic bias and lack of objectivity. pitiful.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Limaoscar: 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
No, I've never trusted them. Full of junkish and incisive lies.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by enomakos(m): 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2010
i will be back
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Knight1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2010
@redsun
This poster could be knighted beaf trying to stir up dust against whoever pin points his mentor,JEG idiocy

nope this poster aint beaf and my vote is likely to go to Gen Buhari.
the truth is what JoeGaruba and turboman submitted. if you like continue to swallow what SR gives you hook, line and sinker, your funeral
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by marcus1234: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by redsun(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
Does facts really exist in nigeria? when d country's biggest source of revenue NNPC cannot keep record of their transactions.Politicians spend our monies with almost impunity without records yet, people are talking about facts. Facts my a.s.s in naija.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by jmaine: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
LFJ:

If am Mumu then what are you? Think before you talk , this opportunity does not give you liberty to insult others.

Only a dunce will make such a statement as the one below which is credited to you . . haba bros.

LFJ:

Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by Thespecialone(m): 5:16am On Dec 17, 2010
Yes I trust them.

How many Nigerian Media outfits would have the balls to publish this?

Wikileaks Cable Details Turai Yar'adua's Corruption And
Links With Smuggling Syndicate Led By Alhaji Dahiru
Mangal

www.saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-cable-details-turai-yaraduas-corruption-and-links-smuggling-syndicate-led-alhaji

sahara reporters is nigeria's version of wikileaks.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by donor: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2010
nothing but a wilderness reporter.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by ochukoccna: 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
SR broke GEJ's attempted bribe of SNG before SNG issued a statement to it been true.
And you say SR dey biased?
Because 'saint' GEJ yansh don dey smell now wey breeze don blow?
Puhleaseee.
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by webplay: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2010
No comment. cool
Re: Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? by LFJ: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2010
jmaine:

Only a dunce will make such a statement as the one below which is credited to you . . haba bros.

Rather than give your own view, you result to insult. Who cares, if your family own all the media houses in Nigeria? I will love seeing you continue to display your stupidity. If my statement is what is given you headache, I advice you go PHY for proper examination. No matter how civil you are to a psycho person, he will always comeback to tell who he is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not Financially Independent ― INEC / Ebonyi International Airport Update / Sanwo-Olu Approves Free Healthcare For 50,000 Orphans, Elderly, Vulnerable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.