Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? (2500 Views)

When The Hope Is Lost With Phcn.......(photo) / Are You Watching NGA/BFA Match With PHCN Or Generator / Problem With Phcn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2010
otukpo:

For a community, that may be possible but not for an individual.

The solution may be in privatising NEPA or having independent power supply at the state or even national level.

Why is it not possible for individuals? Privatizing NEPA? You mean the same privatization exercise we have been talking of and waiting for for about 20 years now? Are you even sure you want change of any kind at all?
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2010
otukpo:

Yesoooo, Even with all the expenses u incure using a gen, u must still pay NEPA bill at the end of every month. Whether u see a second of electricity or not, their bill must come. Failure to pay, your light is disconnected. And it means even when their flash of electricity comes, u won't see it.

NEPA is a big burden. Because for now, it is the only major source of power. IT is difficult to run on gen 24/7. Apart from the noise and pollution, there are certain things can't comfortabley do with a gen power except it a lister. And for an average person, that is not possible.

Ok, KoboJ already mentioned Solar panels as another source of power. Why not save up a few months of NEPA money and gear it towards the SP?

I guess NEPA bills must be WAY cheaper than the amount needed to maintain generators. That's why a lot of people prefers 3 days of light per month to generators.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2010
@Ileke-IdI u are obviously a yoruba lady/madam and hail from Nigeria. So why these questions as if u had no priori Knowledge of Nepa/Phnc, generator? etc

Before u left u should have shouted 'up nepa' before. no bi so? tell me say a so
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by netotse(m): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2010
@otukpo
as per your bills, what you need to do is organise yourselves, go to your business unit and ask/demand that they come and read your meter(even if it is for one month that they'll use to guesstimate your monthly consumption). What's probably happening is that they(your business unit) is using an estimated bill for you and the one they're using was prolly chosen when power supply was better. You can read your bill yourself before you go and meet them sef, so you have an idea how much electricity you're consuming.

It all depends on the PHCN people in your area, where i live, even when we were using a 'normal' analogue meter, it was still read frequently(this could be because it's in abuja sha, but that goes to show it's possible)

The excuses they would use would be they dont have the manpower et al, but i assure you that if they realise that you aren't willing to take any nonsense they'll shape up. A lot of the staff at the distribution level are incompetent and so they need some prodding.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2010
netotse:

@otukpo
as per your bills, what you need to do is organise yourselves, go to your business unit and ask/demand that they come and read your meter(even if it is for one month that they'll use to guesstimate your monthly consumption). What's probably happening is that they(your business unit) is using an estimated bill for you and the one they're using was prolly chosen when power supply was better. You can read your bill yourself before you go and meet them sef, so you have an idea how much electricity you're consuming.

It all depends on the PHCN people in your area, where i live, even when we were using a 'normal' analogue meter, it was still read frequently(this could be because it's in abuja sha, but that goes to show it's possible)

The excuses they would use would be they dont have the manpower et al, but i assure you that if they realise that you aren't willing to take any nonsense they'll shape up. A lot of the staff at the distribution level are incompetent and so they need some prodding.

True. Better idea.

toba:

@Ileke-IdI u are obviously a yoruba lady/madam and hail from Nigeria. So why these questions as if u had no priori Knowledge of Nepa/Phnc, generator? etc

Before u left u should have shouted 'up nepa' before. no bi so? tell me say a so

Any problem? Do you want a cookie?
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Any problem? Do you want a cookie?
No. cookie would be too much for a young adult like myself. Just want a yes or a no to my question above
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2010
It seems no one has an idea for this black-out we are experiencing in some parts of Lagos.

It is not a general thing cos some people in some areas are not complaining.

And now the FG is talking of increasing electricity tariff. Hope this will guarantee steady supply.

How does one celebrate Christmas in darkness. sad sad sad
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by SanFranc(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2010
Magodo GRA Shangisha has been without public power supply since Monday 20th December!!!

Someone said PHCN is on strike and I wonder what if they are not!!!!

More gen set to the rescue!

(1) (2) (Reply)

N33bn!!!! Uzoma Cyril Attang Is Not A A HUMAN BEING??? / Wukari Crisis Again... / Legislation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.