Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. (1272 Views)

Why Is PDP Finding It Difficult To Suspend Governor Wike? / Reno Omokro: I Really Feel Sorry For Osinbajo And His Supporters / FFK To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho. He Is Sorry For Saying You Are Fulani Slave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by tracyfemmmm: 5:16am On Feb 14, 2020
A lot of you are heartless. Even in the day to day life, I see a lot of wickedness. You cant feel sympathy or compassion for anyone other than yourselves. Everything we do is for the good or ourselves and not for the pack. Almost everyone I have met with just a little power, be it chairman or office clerk abuses their power. I mean we have a conversation about rape and most Nigerians will make jokes about the victims and act like its not their business. You meet women who are evangelist in the church subjecting their housemaids to unspeakable agony. Crying and praying every day for God to bless you when even if you have, you refuse to bless your neighbor. Everyone is expecting God to use someone to bless them but refuse to be used to bless others. Allowing yourselves to be scammed by believing your enemy is spiritual when you are simply living in the hell you created for yourselves. You contribute every day to breaking the system and then wonder why it is broken. Ask the Average Nigerian man his stance on marriage and he will tell you of a hierarchy where he is the head by virtue of his gender. Completely accepting of a world where he is automatically the head while fighting against the unfairness of being inferior to someone else by virtue of their position. I just had to get this off my chest. Sometimes we refuse to apply the same compassion to others that we do to ourselves. If we want to improve this country we have to start from ourselves. In your day to day life, Take it upon yourselves to improve the lives of those around you. It does not have to be money, It can be simple things like treating your house help with respect and understanding because she is human. Or offering a ride to a person heading the same direction as you. Or donating some of your time to a charity. Or having a candid conversation with your friend or colleague ( Man or Woman) about their mental health. Just do something to help people. If everyone adopts this mindset and puts themselves in other shoes maybe e can actually come together as a group and challenge these politicians

11 Likes

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:25am On Feb 14, 2020
That's what happens when 190 million people are fighting for scarce resources.
It becomes a mad house

We need to go back to when things worked in Nigeria!

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 14, 2020
Op I have not felt differently from you.The scenario comes heavily to bear on proffessed clergies and those who are deprived . If any opportunity comes for them to do good to their folks they will become worse.
I do live every day for the good of people around me.
Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by helinues: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2020
Exactly what I was telling my sister yesterday.

We are not asking the right questions or bold enough to ask at all

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:39am On Feb 14, 2020
Japan's annual budget is over $800B

SmartKitty1:

scarce resources? Compare Nigeria to Japan.
Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 14, 2020
Even up till now you people think NIGERIA is salvageable?

THE FABRICS OF NIGERIA, THE FOUNDATION OF NIGERIA AND THE SETTINGS WON'T ALLOW IT TO WORK

ITS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK

I JUST HOPE IT WON'T TAKE MOST PEOPLE TOO LONG TO UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Captainrambo2: 6:45am On Feb 14, 2020
SmartKitty1:

scarce resources? Compare Nigeria to Japan.
undecided undecided re yiu high ? Compare Nigeria to Somalia and other countries America banned. Not Japan
Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by ProtectMyMoney: 6:46am On Feb 14, 2020
tracyfemmmm:
A lot of you are heartless. Even in the day to day life, I see a lot of wickedness. You cant feel sympathy or ves in other shoes maybe e can actually come together as a group and challenge these politicians

You are right with your summations.

Humanity is missing despite all the numerous religious houses in every neighborhood .

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 14, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Japan's annual budget is over $800B

Because Japan is a country that relies on industry and science

Here in Nigeria, we rely on selling raw material abroad, and then sharing the income, which we then use to import stuff we can make

And we fight over the sharing formula

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 14, 2020
Captainrambo2:
undecided undecided re yiu high ? Compare Nigeria to Somalia and other countries America banned. Not Japan

No he is right.

Japan has scarce resources. So they invested in industrial development

Nigeria has too many resources , so we think we can make money by selling them to countries like Japan and China and so on, who then buy a bit of our resources and make profits way beyond what the value of our raw material

The day we Nigerians stop focusing on sharing money, and start doing things like paying our power bills and ending fuel subsidy, we would provide the energy needed to fuel an industrial development that would make us far better than Japan

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:57am On Feb 14, 2020
We are saying the same thing
Nigerias budget is $28$

We are not talking about why Japan is wealthy, the question was why people actually act crazy in Nigeria, and my point is too many people are chasing few resources, especially after it has been stolen by politicians.

Gnaeusmagnus:

Because Japan is a country that relies on industry and science

Here in Nigeria, we rely on selling raw material abroad, and then sharing the income, which we then use to import stuff we can make

And we fight over the sharing formula

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Okoroawusa: 7:31am On Feb 14, 2020
All the comments I have seen so far are missing the points the Op is making.

The Op is talking about our society n most of you are commenting about the Nigerian economy.
The pastor raping his daughter is not doing so because of the economy.
The parents paying for special center for their child about to sit for UTME is not doing so because of the economy.
The woman using pressing iron on her maid is not doing so because of the economy.

Also from our comments so far I can see that we are still exhibiting the character that has kept us away from development...the idea that we are not part of the problem but the next man is. So we dwell on blame game n self righteousness.

NIGERIA WAKE UP!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by tracyfemmmm: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:

The Op is talking about our society n most of you are commenting about the Nigerian economy.
The parents paying for special center for their child about to sit for UTME is not doing so because of the economy.
The woman using pressing iron on her maid is not doing so because of the economy.

Also from our comments so far I can see that we are still exhibiting the character that has kept us away from development...the idea that we are not part of the problem but the next man is. So we dwell on blame game n self righteousness.

NIGERIA WAKE UP!!!
Exactly the point. Lets look at our individual actions. After all . It is drops of water that fill the ocean.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
tracyfemmmm:
A lot of you are heartless. Even in the day to day life, I see a lot of wickedness. You cant feel sympathy or compassion for anyone other than yourselves. Everything we do is for the good or ourselves and not for the pack. Almost everyone I have met with just a little power, be it chairman or office clerk abuses their power. I mean we have a conversation about rape and most Nigerians will make jokes about the victims and act like its not their business. You meet women who are evangelist in the church subjecting their housemaids to unspeakable agony. Crying and praying every day for God to bless you when even if you have, you refuse to bless your neighbor. Everyone is expecting God to use someone to bless them but refuse to be used to bless others. Allowing yourselves to be scammed by believing your enemy is spiritual when you are simply living in the hell you created for yourselves. You contribute every day to breaking the system and then wonder why it is broken. Ask the Average Nigerian man his stance on marriage and he will tell you of a hierarchy where he is the head by virtue of his gender. Completely accepting of a world where he is automatically the head while fighting against the unfairness of being inferior to someone else by virtue of their position. I just had to get this off my chest. Sometimes we refuse to apply the same compassion to others that we do to ourselves. If we want to improve this country we have to start from ourselves. In your day to day life, Take it upon yourselves to improve the lives of those around you. It does not have to be money, It can be simple things like treating your house help with respect and understanding because she is human. Or offering a ride to a person heading the same direction as you. Or donating some of your time to a charity. Or having a candid conversation with your friend or colleague ( Man or Woman) about their mental health. Just do something to help people. If everyone adopts this mindset and puts themselves in other shoes maybe e can actually come together as a group and challenge these politicians
Your emboldened is dumb ma!

That the husband is thr head in the home doesn't make the wife inferior human. Headship is about authority and it exists in every cluster including classroom.

I don't think any Nigerian solicited for nor needed your pity/sympathy!
Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by tracyfemmmm: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Your emboldened is dumb ma!

That the husband is thr head in the home doesn't make the wife inferior human. Headship is about authority and it exists in every cluster including classroom.

I don't think any Nigerian solicited for nor needed your pity/sympathy!
This is a public forum. I am allowed to share my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by VaselineCrew: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
If you want to see wickedness, enter Lagos traffic.

Those wicked people driving won’t let you change lanes without a fight, they can’t even pause for 2 seconds to let a car enter in front of them, nooooooo!

They have to aggressively rev their engines, just to push ahead by 2 feet.

When you meet a driver that is calm and allows you to enter their front, just know you’ve met an angel in a sea infested with dark and aggressive beings.

What would it cost you to give way to your neighbor?

I guess it cost these wicked people EVERYTHING!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by Nuzo1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

NIGERIA WAKE UP!!!

"Women’s fate is bound up with that of an exploited male." - Thomas Sankara.

You can't separate the effect of the economy from our dysfunctional society and homes. Thomas Sankara understood it well.

Bad leadership produces bad policies, lack of meritocracy and unequal justice system.

These in turn produces BAD ECONOMY and crimes.

BAD ECONOMY produces scarce resources, unemployment and winner takes all attitude and exploitation of workers of which most are men.

These exploited males now go back to their community and homes and lash out the frustration to who they may be stronger than. Most times their wives, daughters and weaker people.

That's the stage of all those vices you mentioned.

They are all linked up. It's a vicious cycle. But vicious cycles always start from a particular point.

What you and the op stated are facts, but they are just the symptoms of a problem.

I just hope i was clear with the causes of the problem.

Cheers.
Re: I Am Finding It Difficult To Feel Sorry For The Average Nigerian. by BafanaBafana: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
It has something to do with the kind of mentality our various cultures imbibe in us. In some places, the cheat is considered the smart one and the one who gets cheated is a fool.
When I first went up north, i went to the market with a colleague, he bought goods and told the wheel barrow pusher to take them to the gate for him.
I went to Zaria for a function and i forgot to bring along my cufflinks, i asked a guy i went to buy soft drinks from where i can get one, he said its late and i couldn't get but i can use his and return it the next day.
I bought some groceries from a shop and the shop owner didn't have change. He asked me to go with the money and bring it later.
All these made me ask why we can't live like this all over Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Stimulus Package:why Is Buhari Inhumane? / Anambra International Cargo Airport Will Be Commissioned In April, 2021-Obiano / EDHA Speaker Impeachment: Okiye Opens Up (EXCLUSIVE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.